Australia

Chapter Forty Two.

Sam's POV

Weeks passed; everyone was happy and healthy. Days dragged on slowly; the unbareable summer heat made us all hide inside; only leaving when absolutely necessary. I thanked God every day for the airconditioning in the Jonas house. But it was this particular day that it was cooler. It was still hot; but not as sunny as the days prior. I yawned and crossed my arms under my head. I was lying outside in the grass; Nick lay on one side and Joe on the other. Each of us wearing sunglasses and our bathing suits. Denise wouldn't let us set foot out in the sun before being lathered in sunscreen.

"I love lazy days like this," I stretched; yawning loudly again.

"Me too," Joe's voice came from my right hand side.

"Same here," Nick's came from my left.

"I'm going to burn though," I informed them, rolling onto stomach; face planting on my crossed arms. "I always do. No fail; even with sunscreen."

The boys both laughed at me. I huffed and closed my eyes; settling down against the cool grass.

"Boys," Paul's voice came from nowhere.

"Yeah Dad?" I heard Joe's voice. I cracked my eyes open a little. Joe was sitting up. I followed suit; rolling back over and leaning on my elbows. Nick sat up to; crossing his legs in front of him.

"That was the gang from the Teen Choice Awards," he wiggled the cordless phone in his hand. "They want you two and Kevin to host this year."

"Really?" Nick's voice was excited.

"That's so awesome!" I high fived Joe, and then Nick.

"So, you want to do it?" Paul squatted down in front of us.

"Of course we do!" Kevin walked up behind his Dad and copied his position.

"It'll be heaps of fun!" I exclaimed, pulling my sunnies off my face and placing them on my head.

"Can I, bring a plus one?" Joe asked his Dad; who simply smiled and nodded. He stood up and walked back to the house saying something about calling them back and confirming.

"So, Joe," I edged a little closer to him. "Who's your plus one"

Joe plucked my mirrored aviator sunglassed from my head and held them in front of me.

"You're looking at her," he smirked at me before standing up; pulling me to my feet.

"Where are we going?" I asked; I held out my hand to Nick to pull him up too.

"We need to work out our outfits," he grinned at me, pulling me towards the house. I grabbed Nicks hand and dragged him along with me.

"If I need to try on clothes for hours, so do you," I told him.

"Deal," he smirked at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments please?
What should Sam wear?