Australia

Chapter Forty Three

Joe's POV

We all piled into my Audi; Nick in the passenger seat, me driving and Sam in the back seat. I wanted to go out shopping so it gives the three of us the chance to hang out. It was usually Sam and Nick, Nick and I or Sam and I never the three of us together. I knew it wasn't going to take long for Nick to find and purchase a complete outfit. He wasn't picky like that. I'd only been out shopping with Sam once and it had taken a whole day for us to get her hair done, buy her dress get dressed and ready and get to the diner. I have to admit I'm worse than Sam. I can assure you that it will take all day for me to find something to wear to the awards; because we're hosting its more important. I looked at Sam in the rear view mirror. She was fiddling with her hair; trying to plait it. She was failing. I then glanced at my brother; he was looking out the windscreen.

"So, where exactly are we going?" Sam asked, leaning as far forward as the seat belt allowed.

"There's a mall about 10 blocks away," I told her. "Where we went last time."

"We're going to get lunch first right?" I saw Nick look at me while he spoke. "I'm starving."

"Sure thing," I laughed as my stomach growled. "I'm hungry too."

We drove the rest of the way with quiet banter; discussing what Sam could wear. She admitted to us that she was nervous as heck. Nick turned half around in his seat so he could look at her properly. We pulled up to a stop light and I glanced at Sam in the rear view again.

"You'll be fine," he assured her. "You just loop your arm through Joe's and we'll walk down the red carpet together."

"But..." she chewed her lip.

"But what?" I asked, straightening in my chair.

"Won't people, you know, be suspicious?" she looked up to look at my reflection. "People don't know about us, Joe."

"She has a point Nick," I agreed; the light turned green and I pulled away slowly.

"Then you can walk with me," Nick answered confidently. "And if anyone asks we're friends. Besides, as we always point out, you're older than me."

Nick turned back around and looked out his side window.

"I guess," Sam's answer was small.

"Look," I exclaimed. "Here we are."

I was glad to be getting out of the car. After the brief discussion, the atmosphere became tense. I pulled a ticket from the parking meter as I drove in; I found a parking spot and pulled in. I turned off the car and got out. Nick and Sam copied me and I locked the car.

"To food!" I declared, walking ahead of them both. "Let's go!"
♠ ♠ ♠
How was everyones Christmas?
Was Santa kind to everyone?
My first post Christmas update.
Enjoy.