Australia

Chapter Sixty

Joes POV

I danced and moved to the opening beats of the World War III. I was so proud of us that we’d been voted for 5 awards tonight. I pulled the microphone from the stand and grabbed the stand; dragging it with me as I walked back towards my brothers who were rocking out at the back. I walked forward again; leaving the microphone stand behind me. I threw the microphone up; it spiralled and I caught it expertly in the same hand. Nick started to belt out the lyrics to the first verse.

Tonight I walked into the bedroom
You were visibly upset
Tellin' me I made a bad move
But I didn't do nothin'
You start screamin' wake the neighbours
Now everybody's out for blood
Didn't want no confrontation
'Cause of you that's what I've got


I stood between Kevin and Nick and bounced on the balls on my feet to the beat. I danced as Nick sung the bridge; knowing it was my turn next. I grinned into the audience, taking my place in the centre of the surfboard shaped stage.

No you can't have a World War III
If there's only one side fighting
And you know, whoa-oh
That there's lessons left to learn
Every time you attack
Doesn't drive me to fight you back
Then I know, whoa-oh
That I'll never let it be
A World War III
World War III


“Tell ‘em Nick,” I told Nick; strutting my way back up the surfboard. Big cannons blew white smoke into the air as the beat broke and Nick burst into the second verse.

Now you're rounding up your army
Turning all your troops on me
Telling lies just to feel happy
But I won't retaliate


I danced a dance similar to the chicken dance to the side of stage. Girls in the crowd looked up and me smiling. It reminded me of when I first met Sam. I looked up over the crowd, searching for Sam. The seat where she had been sitting with that Westwick guy from Gossip Girl was empty; both Sam and he were nowhere to be seen. I got worried; but didn’t let it affect my performance.

No you can't have World War III
If there's only one side fighting
And you know, whoa-oh
That there's lessons left to learn
Every time you attack
Doesn't drive me to fight you back
Then I know, whoa-oh
That I'll never let it be
A World War III


Nick took over; singing the bridge again.

Well you gotta chill out 'cause baby I don't wanna fight with you
And every battle we fought just made us look like fools


The beat slowed down and i stood right at the front of the surfboard; leaning out into the crowd. I scanned again; trying to find Sam. Nothing.

No you can't have a World War III
If there's only one side fighting
And you know, whoa-oh
That there's lessons left to learn.


The beat sped up dramatically and I moved to the music; singing into the audience. Kevin joined me at the end of the stage; he was rocking out.

Every time you attack
Doesn't drive me to fight you back
Then I know, whoa-oh
That I'll never let it be
A World War III
Not Gonna be a World War III

Every time you attack
Doesn't drive me to fight you back
Then I know, whoa-oh
That I'll never let it be
A World War III
World War III
World War III


As the song came to its conclusion, I backed up to stand with my brothers again. I bit my lips and smiled into the crowd. Pride overwhelmed me.

“Thank you!” Nick smiled into the crowd also.

“Thank you very much!” I continued. “We love you guys!”

The beat started up again on a pre recorded track this time; my brothers and I waved into the crowd. I was desperate to find Sam; I wanted to know where the heck she was. We bowed out and walked back stage. I hurried ahead of my brothers.

“Hey man,” Nick’s voice came from behind me; I felt him grab my arm, successively slowing me down. “What’s the hurry?”

“Sam,” I told him; flustered. “She wasn’t out there when we were performing and neither was that Westwick character.”

“Ed Westwick from Gossip Girl?” Kevin stepped up beside me on the other side. “She’s been with him all night?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “I guess so.”

Kevin pulled a face.

“She’s got to be around here somewhere, Joe,” Nick told me; resting his hand on the shoulder closest to him. “We’ll find her.”

And as if she had heard Nick and appeared out of nowhere, we found Sam sitting on a green couch backstage. Ed was sitting beside her; a little too close for my liking. I felt Nick’s grip on my shoulder grow tighter.

“I’m alright,” I assured him. “I’ll just go get her and we’ll go back to the hotel.”

“We’ll come with Joe,” Kevin smiled at me.

“Fine,” i caved and lead the way over to Sam. I held out my hand to her and she looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

“Time to go Sam,” I told her nicely; smiling my winning smile.

“She doesn’t want to go with you,” Westwick stood up. I dropped my hand back to my side and levelled up to Westwick; looking him in the eye.

“Yes she does,” I replied as calmly as possible. I could smell the alcohol on his breath. “She’s part of my family.”

“Oh! Hi Joe!” Sam threw herself at me; thankfully I caught her by the waist before she toppled to the floor.

“Hi,” I answered her; still looking at Westwick.

“Take your hand of my woman,” Westwick demanded grabbing Sam’s wrist and pulling her towards him. She stumbled a little. I grabbed her waist and pulled her back to my side.

“She’s not your woman,” I told him; cocking an eyebrow at his inebriation.

“You sounded so good,” Sam moved her hand inside my vest and grabbed a hand full of my grey tee. She was slurring her words and her breathe smelt off.

“Have you been drinking?” I looked at her incredulously. I won’t say that i wasn’t offended by her behaviour.

Sam grinned at me; biting her whole bottom lip and nodding enthusiastically; he big blue eyes sparkled through the blood shot. She moved to the sofa and grabbed her clutch. She stumbled her way back to me and gripped the front of my vest. I would tell her off for it later; I wanted to know where she got the drink from.

“How’d you get a drink? You’re underage,” I asked her. I looked into her blue eyes which were now slightly blood shot.

Sam detached herself from the front of my vest and slapped Westwick on the chest.

“He bought them for me,” she grinned.

Westwick smirked at me and I resisting the temptation to knock him for six. I exhaled; frustrated.

“Come on Sam,” I took both Sam’s in mine and pulled her back to me; wrapping an arm around her waist. I lead her away from Westwick.

“Be sure to call me you sexy minx you,” I heard him call from behind. I stopped dead in my track. The only think stopping me from turning around was that Nick and Kevin had both put their hand on my back. I sighed and led my intoxicated girlfriend outside into the fresh air.

“Oh look, the moon.” she stared up at the sky. “Did I tell you I wanted to be an astronaut, Joe; when I was little?”

“No Sam,” I answered her; keeping my tone stern. “Tell me tomorrow.”

“Alright, Joey-Bear,” he pressed a kiss to my shoulder. I half smiled before returning to my serious expression. I was so infuriated with Westwick for doing this to her; but I guess it’s not all his fault. She didn’t say no.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh no.
Sam's drunk.
Thank you to all my new subscribers.
How about a comment; telling me what you like about the story?
Please and thank you.
xo.