Australia

Chapter Seventy One

August 15

Joe's POV

6pm. I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror; critiquing my current appearance. My hair is washed and brushed and it now sat neatly on my head; my fringe swung down sitting just above my left eye. I am clean shaven and the scent of my cologne had settled in the still steamy air. My white V-neck was neatly sitting on my torso. I looked down; my black suit pants were ironed and my converses were almost new so they were still clean. I knew my matching black suit jacket was
hanging on a coat hanging on the doorknob to the wardrobe. I thought I looked alright; hopefully good enough for Sam to keep me.

With one last glance at myself, I turned and exited the bathroom. Upon my exit, I caught sight of Sam standing by the window.

"Hey," I greeted her.

"Hey!" she turned around. "How do I look?"

Dressed in a simple white dress; soft lace covered the skirt. It had simple skinny straps and sat just above her knee. She turned around slowly. I noticed she had some of her hair swept back and was clasped at the back of her head with a white ribbon. Her hair was curly; just the way I like it. She was wearing red high heels, which matched a simple red flower that had been attached to one of the straps.

"You look awesome," I smiled at her.

"Thank you," she returned the smile. "You always clean up so nicely."

She wandered over, took my jacket off the coat hanger and held it out to me; I slid my arms into it.

"Shall we get going?" she asked.

She was so eager. I sighed and nodded. She walked towards the door first; clutching a red purse in her left hand. She stopped before the door and held out her free hand to me.

"You coming?" she smiled.

I walked up to her and slid my hand into hers; she intertwined our fingers and squeezed my hand slightly.

"Let's go," I half smiled at her and we made our way out of the hotel.

The walk to the location was almost silent. The mid August breeze was blowing the smell of Sam’s coconut shampoo and the floral scent of her perfume in my face. I wasn’t complaining; it was always such a lovely combination. I glanced over at Sam. The breeze blew her curls slightly; brushing them back off her shoulders. Sam’s dressed swayed gently. She must have felt my gaze because she looked up at me looking at her. I smiled awkwardly; biting my lip because i was busted. She half laughed and smiled back at me.

“How far is this place?” I asked. We’d been walking for about 6 blocks and although i’m a runner, i don’t usually run in converses.

“Not far now,” she replied. “it’s on the next block.”

“Oh,” I looked ahead of us. “Why are you doing this?”

“Doing what?” she looked at me. I looked at her. Confusion was written on her face.

“Why are you taking me somewhere fancy?” I continued.

We crossed across an alley way and came to a stop outside a building. The neon sign above the door told me that it was “The Jupiter Room.” Sam stood in front of me with her arms folded.

“Joe, what are you on about?” she had her head tilted to the side.

“Why bother taking me somewhere fancy like this just to break up with me?” I shot back at her.

The door swung open and a chorus of people shouted “Surprise.” I didn’t take my eyes of Sam. Her eyes grew wide, her arms dropped to her sides and she gaped at me. I glanced at the people standing in the room. It was full of my friends and family. The realization hit me. I looked back at Sam; her expression was unchanged.

“What?” she practically shouted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry it's short and i'm even more sorry that its taken me 4 days to update.
I;ve been really sick lately and been having migraines.
But my glasses are on and i'm feeling better.
Comments?