Australia

Chapter Seventy Three

Joe’s POV

“So, you big dork, can we go celebrate your birthday now?” Sam smirked at me. I was still holding her. I don’t think I’m quite ready to let her go.

“Do we have to?” I whined. “I’d rather just be with you.”

I touched my nose to hers and squished it down; kissing her in the process.

“Yes, we have to!” Sam turned on her stern voice. “A lot of planning went into this party. And a lot of sneaking around.”

Sam laughed evilly and I cocked my eyebrow at her.

“Fine,” I sighed dramatically and flicked my fringe out of my eyes. “One more kiss though?”

I pouted and gave Sam puppy dog eyes. She smiled a brilliant smile which lit up her whole face before placing her arms around my neck. She leaned in slowly and closed her eyes. She gave me a quick peck on the lips and pulled away; grabbing my hand and dragging me back to the club.

“Shall we try this again?” she smiled. I nodded and she pushed the door open.

“Surprise!” the chorus rang out again. I smiled at the crowd in the club and held Sam’s hand.

“Thank you everyone,” I half laughed. “Sorry about that mishap before.”
I grinned my nervous grin and I felt Sam squeeze my hand.

“Really, everyone,” Sam smiled. “Thank you for coming.”

I glanced around the room. I saw a stage set up near the door and a karaoke machine set up on the stage. There were small round tables set up around the perimeter and a kitchen at the back. Vases with red roses sat on each table.

The colour scheme was dark navy blue and white; the team colours of the Yankees. Everyone was dressed in black suits; black jeans or the girls were in black dresses with something dark blue coordinated with the theme. Some wore ribbons, or flowers like Sam’s others wore blue jewelry or a blue ribbon around their waists. Most of the guys had blue ties. I then remembered Sam’s outfit.

“Why aren’t you in a black dress with blue stuff?” I asked her; poking the flower on her chest.

“I dare to be different,” she smiled at me; like it was obvious. “Besides, I look great in white.”

“Well, in that case…” I stepped away from Sam slightly and slipped off my jacket and chucked it over one of the amps of the karaoke machine. I took a step to the other side and plucked one of the roses out of the vase closest to us. I snapped the stalk with my thumb nail and stuck it behind my ear. I smirked at Sam who giggled at me.

“There,” I smiled triumphantly. “Now we match.”

“We always did,” she smiled up at me and adjusted the rose.

Someone cleared their throat in the crowd and Sam and I both looked up at the crowd. Nick stood there smiling impatiently.

“So, if you two are done being adorable, can we start the party?” he asked.

“Of course we can!” Sam exclaimed and stepped towards him. “Joe, mingle with your guests. Nick and I shall investigate dinner!”

I smiled at her as she looped her arm through a grinning Nick’s. I walked into the crowd; immediately swooped by David Henrie and Chelsea Staub. I grinned at them. This shall be an excellent night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Joe's adorable.
They're all so short but there's something coming.
I promise.
Comments please and thank you?
i love you all.