Australia

Chapter Seventy Seven

Joe’s POV

I don’t think anyone can know what happiness truly feels like until they’re life is completely awesome; which means, I know what happiness is. I have a fantastic and fulfilling career at only 19. I have the single most supportive family in the entire world. Plus, I have the most amazing girlfriend anyone could ask for. I’m not going to lie; Samantha Riley is perfect. I hadn’t stopped smiling since we left the club. She hadn’t let go of my hand; she was holding it as well as clutching my arm. She’d also decided to walk home bare foot because her feet were killing her from all the dancing. Sam sighed and I looked down at her.

“What’s up?” I asked, smiling.

“I’m tired,” she yawned to sell her point faster.

“Yeah, I can tell honey,” I rubbed the back of her hand with my thumb. “We’re almost there.”

I saw Nick walking up ahead of us with Kevin and Danielle.

“Hey Nick!” I called him and I saw him slow down.

“Yeah?” Nick responded. “What’s up?”

“So, I got I present from everyone in there,” I stated sweetly. “What’d you get me?”

“It’s at home,” he shrugged. “It’s not exactly something I can shove in a box.”

“Oh,” I grinned. Yes, I get as excited over presents as Sam does. “What is it?”

“You’ll have to wait and see,” he smirked. “Nice necklace by the way.”

“Thanks,” Sam smiled. “For helping me pick it out.”

“You’re welcome,” Nick smiled at Sam.

“Ditto. That goes for me too bro,” I let go of Sam’s hand and hugged my brother. “I couldn’t have done it without you.”

“It’s really no problem,” Nick half smiled. “It was my pleasure.” He stuffed his hands into his jeans pockets. I knew he didn’t like being thanked for things. He liked making people happy by any means necessary. Sam stepped up and wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed a kiss to his cheek. Nick slowly removed his hands from his pockets and slid them around her waist.

“Really Nick,” she said softly. “You’re awesome.”

She let go and took a step back.

“Thanks,” he scratched his head. “Come on. It’s late. We need sleep. We’re flying home tomorrow.”

Nick turned back around and continued walking. I knew the hotel was only a few meters up now. Sam stifled a yawn beside me and a took her hand again.

“Come on,” I tugged her gently. “Bed time for Sammy.”

She smiled at me and squeezed my hand. We walked silently, hand in hand. We entered the lobby and walked to the elevator. We were surrounded by everyone else but I didn’t care. I kissed her temple and she laughed lightly. The elevator doors lid open on the floor before ours and most of the contents of the elevator stepped out. With a chorus of goodnights, the doors slid closed again and all that was left was the Jonas clan. I held Sam’s hand tightly and I leaned against the back wall of the elevator. The door dinged and it slid open again and we all walked out. Sam and I bid goodnight to my brothers and parents and unlocked our door; stepping inside and closing the door. I sighed; glad to be free of all those people and for it to just be us.

“I’m going to get ready for bed,” Sam told me as she dropped her shoes on the floor. She leaned up and kissed me. With a smile she wandered over to her case, picked up a pair of shorts and a singlet and disappeared into the bathroom. I stretched and walked to my suitcase myself. I pulled out a pair of sweats and a tank. I balanced on one foot and pulled off my shoe; repeating it for the other foot. I undid my belt and let my pants drop to the floor and kicked them off. I pulled my sweats on over my boxers and pulled off my vneck. I yanked the tank over my head and yawned. I then looked at the beds. This wouldn’t do.\

Sam’s POV

I still couldn’t believe what had happened. In a way, I was sort of promising everything I was to Joe. Everything. I grinned at my reflection in the bathroom mirror as I pulled my curls into a loose pony tail. I took a deep breath and opened the bathroom door. The beds had been pushed together. Joe lay in the middle of the bed under the covers; the only cover. The other was in a lump at the end of the bed on the floor. I smiled unsurely and draped my dress over my suitcase.

“And what’s this Mr. Jonas?” I tilted my head and placed my hands on my hips. I walked up and stood at the end of the bed.

“I thought we could, you know,” Joe mumbled. “Snuggle?”

“Snuggle?” I smiled. “Really?”

“We’ve never done it in bed before,” he told me simply with a smile. “It’s usually the couch, or standing up.”

He knelt up and shuffled his way over to me on his knees. When he reached me he wrapped his arms around my waist. He gripped tightly and pulled me down on to the bed. I giggled stupidly and found myself lying on my back on the bed; my head on one of the pillows. Joe was lying beside me on his side; propped up with one elbow. He was looking down at me; a look of complete contentment on his face. I smiled up at him and he smiled back at me. I melted again. Ever since earlier, that smile had affected me the same way it had when I watched him in interviews, saw him in photos and on television. He ran his fingers through the loose strand of my fringe.

“You’re beautiful,” he told me still smiling.

“You’re gorgeous,” I smiled back.

“I love you, Sam.”

“I love you too, Joe.”

Joe lay down on his back and I curled into him; one hand around his waist. I snuggled against his chest and I felt him wrap an arm around me; holding me close.

“Goodnight Sam,” Joe whispered.

“Goodnight Joe.”