Australia

Chapter Ninety Three

Joes POV

It had been 11 days. 11 days; since Nick and Sam’s fight in the living room. Since then, Sam hasn’t been her usual self. When I talk to her, it’s like talking to a concrete slab. I get very little emotion; even hugs are half hearted and I know how much we love hugs. I didn’t realise how much she relied on her friendship on Nick to keep her lifted. I felt useless. I couldn’t cheer her up.

I made my way up to Sam’s bedroom. Mind you, she’s been in there the majority of the time since the fight. We didn’t even go for walks anymore. I knocked on her bedroom door softly before opening it. Sam was lying on her bed on her back, hands tucked behind her head. I could hear music blasting through her head phones from the door way.

....want you to know
That I've been fighting to let you go
Some days I make it through
And then there's nights that never end
I wish that I could believe
That there's a day you'll come back to me
But still I have to say
I would do it all again
Just want you to know


The Backstreet Boys? I waved my hand above my head to get Sam’s attention and she sat up; plucking an ear phone out of her ear as she went.

“Hey,” she said to me, quietly.

I closed her door and moved over to sit on her bed. She crossed her legs and slid backwards to lean against the wall. I glanced over at her. Her face was soft but upset. Her eyes shouted at me that she was distraught. I slid my way up beside her and she leaned into my shoulder. I slid my hand into hers and loosely laced our fingers together. I heard her exhale.

“Are you okay Sam?” I asked; turning slightly to get a proper look at her.

“I’m fine,” she replied, smiling. The smile was undeniably forced.

I gave her a look and she sighed; turning her face and hiding it in my shoulder. She shook her head.

“No,” she muffled. “I’m not okay.”

“Is there anything I can do?” I offered, squeezing her hand tighter. “Anything to bring a real smile back to your face.”

“Do you have a time machine hidden in those dark blue skinny jeans of yours?” she looked up at me with tear filled eyes.

I pressed a kiss to her forehead before shaking my head.

“Sorry,” she sighed into my shirt sleeve.

“What do you have to be sorry for?” I asked her.

“I haven’t exactly been the best girlfriend lately,” she answered me.

“It’s alright,” I smiled at her. “You could do anything but I’d still love you.”

Sam half smiled.

“I think I’m going to have a bath,” she told me. “Is that okay?”

“Of course,” I told her and she slid off the bed.

She came back and knelt on the bed and kissed me softly on the lips. She walked out of the bedroom and i followed her.

I made my way into my room. What could cheer her up? I smiled to myself and slid into my desk chair. I turned on my computer. I knew exactly what would cheer her up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short and sort of crappy.
What do guys think?
Comments?