Status: Semi-active. :]

All the Time I Can Steal

Non-Boyfriend.

I was in the backseat, just looking at the picture. She seemed so unreachable now. When we finally rolled up at the venue, I helped unloading everything. When we finished, I sat on the back bumper, and lit a cigarette. I heard footsteps approaching. I looked up to be met by Bridgette. She was wearing the shirt of mine, and a pair of destroyed shorts. Her legs looked phenomenal in the shorts. Her hair was in a loose side braid and on her feet were a pair of flat ankle boots. Her eyes were behind her sunglasses. And her hands were in her pockets.

“Hey.” She said softly. I nodded, and she sat down next to me. “Look about this morning-“

“You didn’t have to tell me that you had a boyfriend.” She shook her head.

“He’s not...exactly my boyfriend. We’ve been going on dates, but I’m not ready for anything serious.” I nodded and she sighed. “I’m sorry, David.” I shook my head.

“Don’t apologize to me. You’re not the one who wasn’t sure that you loved me. But...I just wish...” I sighed. “It doesn’t matter now. Go. Have...have fun. Just...take care of yourself, okay?” she nodded, giving my hand a soft squeeze. With that, she got up and walked away. I couldn’t help but watch her walk away.

“Dude, are you okay?” I looked over and Kyle was looking at me. I shrugged.

“She has a...non-boyfriend.” He sighed, scratching the back of his head.

“I’m sorry dude.” I shrugged, “It’s whatever. I mean..it’s not like I had expected her not to move on. It’s been two and a half years.” I got up and walked to the grounds, and to our merch table. It was across from 3OH!3’s and I saw Bridgette. Her eyes were behind the frames of her sunglasses, and her face was expressionless. A guy came up and smiled at her. She simply asked if she could help him, he got a shirt and then tipped her a ten. I rolled my eyes and shook my head.

Bee wasn’t like that. She didn’t want people to look at her or treat her like a piece of meat.

“Bridge, do you wanna grab a bite later?” I was looking down, I didn’t want to see his face or hers when she talked to him. “No thanks. I should stay here. Abby won’t be able to manage this booth by herself.” He sighed, “Abbs, you could do this by yourself right” I saw Bridgette tense, and then Abby reply, “No. I can’t. Plus, Bee is able to organize the merch when I mess it up trying to find the right sizes and styles. You know how she’s completely OCD about stuff like that.” He sighed, “Yeah. Well I guess I’ll see you later then?” Bee nodded, “Yeah. Go enjoy your first Warped.” He nodded and then walked away.

I took a sip from my water and saw that she didn’t have a drink. And if I knew Bee like I knew I thought I still did, she needed to have a PowerAde or something. Or else she’d pass out. I got up and made my way to buy a PowerAde. I took a few pictures with fans, as they trickled in. I set the blue drink in front of her. She looked up at me, swallowing the bite of kiwi she had just placed in her mouth. “Thanks.” She said softly, and I nodded. Addy gave me a smile, and then lent forward, “So David, you enjoying Warped?” I gave her a confused look, but replied, “It’s fun. The bands on this tour are great people.” She nodded and then two people walked up, and Bee swallowed her sip of PowerAde and then I gave the two girls a wave and walked away, into the blistering heat of the Warped tour.

I was walking around many hours later and I spied the back of a very familiar shirt. I caught up to Bridgette, and walked silently beside her. “You’ve never been able to sneak up on me.” She said, a slight smile pulling at her rosy pink lips. “I can always try.” I said laughing slightly. She shook her head, the slight whisper of a smile still on her lips.

“Why aren’t you at your booth helping out? Isn’t that what they hired you for?” I asked, a smirk pulling at my lips. She laughed, and shook her head, “Nah. The guys are signing, so I’m free for an hour or so. I was going to take a smoke break.” I half smiled and we walked to the BC van. We sat on the back bumper, and she lit her cigarette. I could tell she was turning slightly pink from the hours of being outside. I lit one of mine, and we sat in silence.

“I feel like we don’t even know each other anymore, David.” She said softly. I nodded, letting the smoke out. “And...I want to be friends again. Or at least try to be with our history.” I nodded again and our elbows kept brushing. “So why don’t you come party with us at Denny’s tonight. Kyle, the 3OH!3 guys and myself were going to ask you. Jess is probably going to go too. Maybe you and Abby could join us?” she shrugged, “Sure. Can’t promise that Matt won’t come with us.” I nodded and we finished our cancer sticks and then walked back inside the venue.

“Have you eaten today?” she shook her head, “Not unless you count my fruit cup. Which paramedics don’t count as food.” I gave her a confused look, “Remember? When we went to Warped years ago? I almost passed out, and when you finally got the medic, and he asked me what I had eaten I replied with a fruit cup. To which he responded with, ‘A fruit cup isn’t food.’” We laughed and I nodded, “Yeah. I remember.” She shook her head and then we were back at the tables. “Those were the days, huh? We were so excited to go, and meet our favorite bands. Turing red from the sun.” she laughed softly, shaking her head. “Now we are...well rather YOU, are the one that people are excited to meet.” I nodded, and shoved my hands into my pockets.

She sighed, looking down. I could tell something was on her mind, but I knew her well enough, that she wouldn’t tell you if you asked, she’d tell you when she was damn well ready.“I’ll probably see you later, David.” I nodded, and acted like hearing her call me David didn’t affect me. I walked away, because we were going to be going on soon, and I needed to get ready. I walked back to our van and got out my clothing for the show. When it was time for our set, I climbed on the stage.

“Hey Las Cruces! How are you this afternoon?!” I yelled into the mic. The crowd went wild, “Now I don’t know about you guys, but it’s fucking hot out here.” They shouted and then we jumped right into our set. After it was over, I walked over to our booth and we did our signing. I watched as Bridgette was holding up pieces to the 3OH!3 bikini to her body, and talking with Abby. She was laughing, shrugging to something that Abby had said. I felt a smile pull at my lips, then I turned my attention to the fans in front of us.

“Partyyy timeeee!” Kyle shouted, throwing his arm around me. There was the group of girls around us, mostly band sluts, sans Abby, Jess and Bee. Bee was wearing the GK paint splatter bikini, and a pair of cut offs. On her feet were a pair of black high-tops, and her eyes were still covered by sunglasses, even though the sun was almost all the way gone. Her hair was still loose around her shoulders, and I noticed she looked a little pinker.

“I thought we were gonna go eat first?” Jess asked. Kyle nodded, “That’s where the party begins.” I smirked and shook my head.

“B.B. are we gonna go eat?” Matt asked. ‘B.B.? Is this guy really serious?’. She bit her lip, “I was going to go with them, but you can come too.” He shook his head. “Why not?” she asked, crossing her arms. I knew better than to try and argue with her when she crossed her arms like that. Almost three years of being with her I knew not to annoy her. Or act like the victim when there was no reason to.

“I thought that you and I would be able to have dinner together tonight.” She shook her head, “Nope. I promised them that I would hang with them.”

“Who asked you?” he asked, eyeing the group. She rolled her eyes, although I didn’t see it, I could tell. That was just the thing to make her do so. “David did first. Then Nat, Sean and Jess asked.” He sighed, and I acted like I wasn’t eavesdropping on their conversation. “Whatever.” He turned and stormed off.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?