Status: Semi-active. :]

All the Time I Can Steal

Denny's.

As the music pumped from the speakers at Denny’s, I sipped my coffee with Bailey’s and watched as the people danced along to the music. I laughed as Nat and Sean were pulling David around. Finally David gave in, and started bouncing along with them. We had asked the owner if we could play some of our dance beats, and he obliged. I guess he figured it’d get more customers to come in. and it did. I shook my head, laughing some as the guys and their bands were dancing around the Denny’s. It was a distraction from the annoyance I felt at Matt. He was so childish, and I was beginning to become tired of it.

Sure, David had his moments, but it was far and few between. I know I had my moments too. I just didn’t like to be asked to ditch my friends for a guy. Normally, when I was younger, I dated people in my own circle. But that had been harder to do since David and I had ended things. I shook my head, and took another sip.

“So Bee....you still care for David, don’t you?” I looked at her and rolled my eyes. I pulled my hair to one side of my neck, and adjusted my LIGHTS shirt along with my bikini top. “What are you talking about?”

“You know what I’m talking about.” I shook my head. “Nope. No clue.” Abby sighed. “Look. I understand that you don’t want to miss him. But if you do, it’s okay.” I sighed, “I’m going outside. I need a cigarette.” I got up and fished for my lighter out of my purse. “You can smoke in here...” Abby started but I was already walking to the door.

As I stood outside, a figure walked up to me. I looked over and it was Matt. “Hey.” He said, waving slightly. “Hey.” I said, blowing my smoke out.

“Sorry about earlier. I just...I don’t know. I just feel like I’m going to lose you. I really care about you.” I bit my lip. “Mmhmm.”

“Do...do you really care about me too?” I bit my lip, and thankfully, Nat and Sean came out and dragged me back inside. I laughed, as they pulled me, leaving a confused Matt in the dust. I danced along with the rest of the guys and girls and then I felt hands on my hips. I turned my head, and saw that it was Matt. I moved his hands from my hips, and we all continued dancing. Hours later, we all paid and left. “I’ll see you when we’re in Denver.” I told Matt as we were leaving.

“Can’t we spend some more time together?” Matt begged. I bit my lip, “Sorry. Bus call is soon. We have to be at the buses or at least around them. The consequences of being late to bus call are brutal. Extremely brutal.” He sighed.

“It just sucks because I won’t be able to see you for most of the summer.” I sighed, “You’ll see me in a little over a month.”

“I would like to see my girlfriend before then.” There was an awkward pause between us, then I replied, “I’m...I’m not your girlfriend.” His dark eyes widened, “Wha...what?”

“Matt. I’m not your girlfriend.”

“I...I assumed after all the dates we’ve been on-“

“I told you from the start, don’t assume things with me. I wouldn’t call you my boyfriend until you asked me to be your girlfriend. And I don’t want anything really serious right now.”

“So I’m just your ‘casual’ date?” I nodded. He sighed, “Fine. That’s fine because I hope one day you’ll think of me as more.” I shrugged, and then gave him a quick hug. “I’ll see you later, Matt.” He placed a kiss on my cheek, and then I walked off with the others. Abby walked in step next to me, and she looked over.

“I’m guessing Matt didn’t take it well in the fact that you didn’t consider him your boyfriend.” I half-smiled.

“Not really. He seemed very shocked. Which annoyed me. I told him from the start that I didn’t want anything serious. I mean, I was in a serious relationship for four years.” Abby nodded, and I sighed, looking back, watching David laugh with his friends.

I was lying down in the bus, and couldn’t sleep. The movement of the vehicle wasn’t what was keeping me up. It was the fact that I was so close to David, and I hadn’t seen him in a long time. Abby insisted that I should talk more to David. That we should sort things out. But to be honest, I wasn’t sure I was really ready to yet. I was still hurt. I had never bounced back, and I know that it’s rare someone does bounce back from something like that easily.

“Why can’t things ever be simple?” I whispered. I sighed, and rolled over, closing my eyes and falling into a weary sleep.

“Davey?” I called out softly. I heard shuffling from the other side of his bedroom door. I opened it, and he smirked from where he was standing. “Davey...what are you doing?” He grinned wider and walked towards me, and pulled me to him. I looked at him, still confused and he smiled kissing me softly.

“Well I was going to surprise you, but I couldn’t think of a way to ask you. So I guess....will you move in with me?” I knew my eyes widened, because I could feel it.

“Wha...what? You want me to move in with you?” he nodded, his smile and eyes hopeful. I grinned and catapulted myself into his arms. “Of course I will!” he caught me and then pressed his lips to mine. I grinned into the kiss, and when he pulled away, he kissed my nose.

“Good. I don’t know what I would’ve done if you would’ve said no.” I laughed, “What would make you think that I would say no?” he shrugged. "I don't know. Suddenly realizing that you're far too beautiful to be with me?" I shook my head rolling my eyes.

He picked me up and we laid in his-OUR- bed, and our lips brushed together heatedly. “I love you Bee.” I only smiled and he nodded, brushing my hair out of my face. He kissed me again, and then we got up and walked to the kitchen. “So when do you want to go to your place and get your stuff?” I bit my lip and grinned. “Right now?” he smiled and nodded, “Hoping you were going to say that too.”

That night, as I lay curled up in David’s arms, I felt as if nothing could ruin this. What we had...was special. And I would hurt ANYONE who would try and take that from me.


Unconsciously, I was saying his name in my sleep, the only person who heard was Abby. And what she heard was simply, “Davey...Oh, Davey...”

And to my unconscious knowledge that girl was plotting.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?