Only You Could Love Me This Way

Dance

About an hour later things started to pick up. People were crowding in the kitchen and outside on the patio of the backyard. Sue had introduced me to a few people, some I had met before because of my jobs. Now I was just sitting at the far end of the wooden picnic table watching the bustling party group.

"Why are you just sitting here?" Seth's voice broke my concentration and I looked up at him. He was really buff for being only eighteen going on nineteen. Seth held out his hand to me and I stared at him for a second. "Come on I wanna introduce you to my friends." He smiled and I sighed in defeat taking hold of his hand. Seth easily pulled me to my feet and quickly dragged me across the patio.

We stopped at another table with those boys from earlier, except now they were dressed completely and not shirtless. I smiled weakly as they all turned their attention to Seth and me. All eyes were mainly on me though, all of them male eyes with the exception of one woman.

Her face was disfigured by three long scars going across the left side of her face. I stared for a moment wondering what had happened to her, but my eyes then shifted to Paul. He turned away quickly and Seth furrowed his brows in confusion. I hated meeting new people; I wasn't really good at it even though it is an easy thing to do.

"Guys and Emily," Seth smiled to the woman with long silk hair and scars on her face. She smiled back at him laughing lightly. "This is Miss Lauren, she moved in next door." Seth introduced gesturing to me. Everyone stared at me in a silence and I started to feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Welcome to Forks," a tall muscular boy with short cropped hair said with a kind smile. He held out a hand and I smiled at him giving it a firm shake. However his hands were so huge that I bet he barely felt my firm shake. "I'm Jacob Black." He said after releasing my hand.

"Nice to meet you Lauren James," I said pointing to myself. Jacob smiled at me. A few moments later someone called his name and he turned around seeing Leah. My eyes drifted from him then to her. She gestured for him to come over and he sighed getting up from his seat. Leah took hold of his muscled arm and tugged him into the house. I raised my eyebrow slightly confused. "I don't think you're sister likes me very much." I commented looking at Seth.

"Leah doesn't like anyone." The teen sitting next to Paul spoke. The one across from him flinched slightly and Emily frowned patting his arm gently. I guess there was some hidden history under that guy's flinch and Emily's frown. "Don't worry about her, I'm Quil." He said holding his hand out to me. I shook it and noticed his hand was very warm, hot almost.

"Oh good you're meeting everyone," Sue spoke coming over with a plate of burgers. She placed them down on the table and looked at me. "Are you having a nice time?" she asked me.

"Yes." I nodded.

"Why don't you dance with someone, everyone here is a bachelor aside from Sam." She told me gesturing to the man sitting beside Emily. He smiled at Sue and shook his head while Emily giggled softly.

"Bachelor? Miss C I brought a date," another boy with short-cropped hair that was a tad on the spiky side smirked. "So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go dance with her. Nice to meet you Lauren." Seth told me his name was Jared and he quickly left going over to a beautiful girl with wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes sparkled the moment he looked into her eyes. How I wished to have something as sweet as that.

"Well you still have these boys," Sue gestured to Paul, Quil, and another who I had yet to met. "So one of you be a gentlemen and dance with her." Sue snapped before walking away. I blushed slightly embarrassed, I don't know why, but it was weird for a random woman I had just met ushering guys to dance with me.

"Sorry about my mom." Seth chuckled lightly rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's okay." I said in a quiet voice.

"I'll dance with you." Paul said standing up.

"Embry did I hear that right?" Quil asked the guy on the other side of Paul. He nodded in response and Quil gasped looking up at Paul. I stared at him and he smiled weakly holding his hand out to me.

"May I?" he asked.

"You may." I spoke taking hold of his hand as he led me over to the small dance floor area. Seth plopped down in the chair between Quil and Embry not believing what he was seeing.

"That is Paul right?" Embry asked pointing to the guy beside me as we got to the center of the floor. I didn't hear the rest of the conversation, but I knew they were still talking about us.

"You know how to salsa?" Paul asked me and I looked up at him as he placed his hand on my mid back and his other held my hand. He smirked and twirled me around and pulled me back into him.

"Not really." I answered and he chuckled softly as he lead the dance. He spun me around again and pulled me back to him. My back pressed against him and I giggled softly as our bodies swayed back and forth. Once again Paul spun me out an pulled me back into him gently.

"You're not too bad." He told me as I came back to him.

"You don't say?" I asked with a warm smile as we continued to dance with the beat of the music. Of course I was dazed by Paul and I didn't even notice the eyes on us as we twirled around.

After another minute the song came to its end. Paul smiled at me and let go of my hand and my back. I smiled at him and nodded lightly. He was truly a good-looking guy in a black button up shirt with baggy dark blue jeans with rips in the knees. Taking hold of my hand he kissed it gently and a blush took over my entire face.

"I had fun." He said letting go of my hand and walked back towards the house. Leaving me in the middle of the dance floor with my heart spinning in circles and my stomach filled with butterflies. Had all that just happened to me.

"Wow," Seth said walking over to me. "Paul's got you all charmed up." He chuckled and I snapped out of my gaze looking up at the teen.

"It was just a dance." I muttered before walking off the dance floor.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love all of you!
I was amazed by the ammount of comments, it was just so amazing!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Oh wow, I got like eight comments and it made me so happy.

Like I have three chapters prepared now to put up.
However I would love to see those same results.

If I get them I will seriously update again today!
So if I get five or more comments I will have another update up today!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

-Mimi