Only You Could Love Me This Way

Rage

Two days had passed since the party. I hadn't seen any of Seth's friends since then, but it wasn't that big of a deal. I had to work and that kept my mind occupied. I was sitting on the steps of the front entrance of the daycare I worked at. The kids ran around in the fenced area playing on the jungle gym and swings.

I smiled watching as they laughed and played tag with each other. However my smile faltered when a little girl fell down and started to cry. Pushing myself up I walked over to make sure she was okay.

"Are you okay?" I asked helping her up looking at her knee. She had a small scrape, but nothing a bit of love and a Band-Aid couldn't fix. Her tears slowed as I helped her back inside. "You'll be fine." I told her with a warm smile.

"It hurts." She sniffled.

"I know sweetie," I said coming over to her with some antiseptic and a box of Hello Kitty bandages. She sat patiently as I wiped away the dirt with a wet cotton swab. "Hold still ok." I said as I wiped the medicine over her knee. She tried to move away and hissed because of the stinging. I quickly blew on the wound to make it feel a bit better.

"Owie!" she whined and I held up three bandages.

"Now, now. Which one would you like?" I asked. She pointed to the middle one, which was pink with Hello Kitty's face printed on it. "Good choice." I smiled pressing the bandage onto her cut. Picking her up from the small table I took her back outside. Within a few moments she was up and running again like nothing had ever happened. I smiled happily and sat back down on the porch steps.

The kids would have to go back inside for lunch in about ten minutes. I leaned back on my elbows watching them running around happily, it reminded me of her. A frown came to my face, but I quickly straightened myself out not wanting anyone to start worrying about me.

"Whatever Paul!" a voice snapped from my left. I looked out at the sidewalk seeing a girl storming down the path. She looked really angry all huffy and puffy. "First it was that Kate girl and then Taylor and now someone else! I don't care anymore." She hissed spinning around on her heels.

I spotted Paul standing there looking a bit angry as he walked after her. He grabbed hold of her arm and spun her around. She hit his chest trying to get away and I stood up becoming worried. Surely he wouldn't hurt her?

"Listen Sarah," Paul said pleadingly. She finally stopped trying to break away and let out a heavy breath. Paul released her and stroked the side of her face gently. Sarah pushed his hand away and shook her head a bitter scowl on her face and tears coming to her eyes. Paul seemed a bit distraught by her look. "I'm sorry about all of this, but things just happened." He said simply and Sarah glared at him shaking her head.

"Fuck you!" she screamed slapping him across the face and ran down the road. I placed a hand over my mouth and Paul started to shake a bit. Quickly I ran across the small yard and went up to the fence.

"Paul." I said his name gently and he looked over at me. His eyes widened and he started to back away as if he was afraid of me.

"I'm sorry." He whispered quickly running down the street. I watched him as he took off his gray t-shirt and hooked a corner heading for the forest. What had just happened?

"Okay kids lunch is ready!" Miranda, my boss called out opening the front doors. All the kids cheered happily and darted inside the small schoolhouse building. Pushing away from the fence I ran a hand through my hair. "Lauren are you alright?" she asked me a bit of worry in her voice.

"Can I have the rest of the day off?" I asked looking at her. She seemed a bit confused, but the pleading look on my face must have pushed her over the edge. With a heavy sigh Miranda ran her hand through her red curls and agreed. "Thank you!" I shouted as I ran over to the entrance of the gate and pushed it open. Miranda watched as I swiftly ran down the sidewalk heading where Paul had gone.

Why I was following Paul was beyond me, but something told me to go after him. Only meeting him once and I felt like I needed to be with him. Why did I feel this way? I came to a walk and tried to think. Looking down the path I spotted the corner Paul had ran around. It led straight for the forest heading to the reservation, maybe he had just ran home. However that look in his eyes and the way he was shaking told me otherwise.

Panting slightly I looked back down towards Forks. Why did I care if Paul took off so suddenly anyways? It not like it mattered, we weren't even friends. We just somewhat knew each other.

Well I had come this far no point in turning back now. Although I wish I had taken my Jeep to work. But how did I know I would end up chasing Paul to the reservation. Walking down the road I saw something on the side of the road. Jogging over to it I knelt down on the ground and picked it up.

"Paul's shirt?" I wondered aloud looking around. By a tree I found his shoes and raised an eyebrow, was he running around naked or something? "What the hell?" I asked nothing in particular as I started walking into the forest. I threw his shirt over my shoulder and held his shoes in my right hand.

Thankfully it was sunny for once, so the forest wasn't foggy and wet. The leaves and fallen tree branches crunched under my feet as I walked further and further into the forest. Why did Paul run away?

The wind blew heavily and soon the clouds covered up the sun and the forest darkened.

I reached a small clearing and stopped. Obviously I wasn't going to find him and if I kept going I would probably get lost. Wherever he went was probably far away from me. I wondered who that girl Sarah and the other names she shouted. Was Paul a player or something? He was hot enough to be one.

Huffing I decided I would turn around and just give his clothes to Seth. Right when I turned around I heard a low growl and stopped. Slowly I turned around and gasped stumbling backwards as a huge dark gray wolf lurched forward.

"Oh God," I breathed as I continued to backtrack. "Nice wolf." I said softly hoping it wouldn't attack. I'd never seen such a huge wolf in all my life. It was so terrifying as it's tail whipped back and forth. The wolf lowered its head, its dark brown eyes staring at me. Its ears flattened against its head and growled once. Its muzzle lifted revealing his fangs. Was he going to attack?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you, thank you!
For reading, subscribing, commenting, and sticking with me on this story!
Thank you!

I loved all the comments I recieved and I can't wait until I get the next chapter up.
Please tell me what you think so far.
=)

-Mimi