Only You Could Love Me This Way

Missing

Three days. That's how long it has been since I had heard or ran into anyone of Paul's friends. I hadn't even seen Sue, which was odd since she usually tracked me down. Charlie had told me the other day Seth was sick and so she hadn't had time to come around, but I found that hard to believe. Unless maybe he was running around in the rain like I did a couple of days ago.

Sinking lower into the light golden colored couch I stared out towards the bay windows. It was a Thursday afternoon and in about two hours I would be heading off to work as a waitress. I could call in sick though, that's what I did yesterday for the daycare. It wouldn't be a lie either I truly did have a headache and my nose was a little runny. Who wants a sick waitress to serve them anyways?

The days seemed to just drag on now, like they'd never end. Three days ago I was fine, perfectly fine in every possible way. Now though it felt like something was missing. For a moment I had thought everything was going to get better, but I was sadly mistaken. Just when everything seemed to be looking up the glum of my life caught up with me once again. I may sound like a really depressed person, but I'm really not I'm just whining. The thing is I just needed to learn how to move on with my life.

My phone started to ring. Groaning I pushed myself off of the couch and let the white and blue patched comforter fall onto the ground. Running over to the phone I read the caller ID and groaned once again. The number was unfortunately my mother's.

"Hi mom." I said as I placed the phone between my shoulder and ear. Turning back to the couch I picked up the blanket and plopped down.

"How are you sweetheart?" she asked with a loving voice. We talked twice a week for about an hour, she hated me being so far away.

"Like I said last week mom, I'm doing fine." I told her rolling my eyes. Of course I knew she only called to make sure I was alive and to let me know that she loved me and that I could come home. However at twenty-one years of age I think its time I learned how to stick it on my own.

"Well it's just getting close to that time and I wanted to be sure." She mumbled a bit and I took in a sharp breath. I had almost forgotten about that, but now it all came screaming back at me. Sitting up on the couch I ran a hand through my messy hair and tried not to think about the date that was coming up.

"It's gonna be hard," I paused for a moment trying to get my voice together before it started to crack. "But I'll be fine." I promised her.

"Sweetheart," she said softly and I so badly wanted to tell her to stop. "You can still come home." I knew those words would come out of her mouth. She was worried about me and I could picture her face now, bright red lipstick, lightly tanned skin with a rosy blush on her cheeks all meshed together because of her worry lines for me.

"I know mom, but I think I should try to be on my own for a while." I said sadly staring down at the shiny wooden floors.

"Okay." She was probably doing her little head bob thing, something she did when she wasn't satisfied with the answer.

"I have to go." I whispered into the phone.

"Okay, I love you." She said and hung up. I hung up next and dropped the phone onto the couch and fell onto the back of it. My eyes started to sting a bit, but I shook it away. Blinking away the tears that threatened to fall, if I thought about it now it would stay on my mind for days.

"Keep it together." I said to myself cradling my face in the palms of my hands. Three soft knocks came to my door and I let out a breath. Licking my lips I pushed myself up and walked to the door.

I didn't bother to look at who it was. Unlocking the door I pulled it open and looked to my surprise visitor. The rain was pouring down outside and the skies were really dark and gray. My mouth slowly opened as I saw Jacob standing before me soaking wet and half naked aside from his shorts. No shoes, no shirt, just his bare skin. His muscles were flexed all over and he looked very tense as he panted lightly.

"Jacob, what are you doing here?" I asked in surprise leaning against the door. He stared at me for a moment before looking down at the ground.

"Have you seen Paul?" he asked and I furrowed my brows.

"Not since Monday." I replied.

"You're sure?" he questioned seeming very worried and very serious. It was making me nervous, why would he have come to me? Paul and I barely knew each other it made no sense for him to come to me. Jacob ran a hand through his short hair and turned around. His back faced me and I watched as the water dripped from his hair and slid smoothly down his bare back.

"What happened Jacob?" I asked him and he glanced at me over his shoulder.

"He's missing, Lauren." Jacob responded before quickly darting off down the street. I ran down my porch steps and watched as Jacob picked up crazy speed jumping straight into the woods. Missing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading everyone!
And I love the comments.

Just wanted to tell you this story is probably gonna be only about 25 chapters long.
So just be forewarned.

Also I have a new wolf pack story: Let Me Be Your Hero please give it a read and some comments would be amazing!

Also if you haven't yet check out my Jacob story: Our Last First Kiss