Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Xander

He wanted to torment his victim more, but it was pointless Instead, he decided to grant the man a reprieve. Perhaps he would return later and finish him off. For now, they could starve as Shaun so kindly suggested. And compared to what Xander's mind was thinking up for them, it was truly a kind gesture. They would likely never realize that the poor fools. Xander spat on the man whose fingers he had broken before turning and leaving. He had no more use for them for now. They could take their reprieve and be glad for it. He doubted they would appreciate the gift that they had been given though. Stupid humans.

He and Shaun came back above in silence before going their separate ways. No doubt Shaun was going to relieve his particular tension. Xander often tormented and teased his friend for his need to satisfy his sexual cravings. Xander did not have such desires. Or rather, he kept them well in check. After being celibate for centuries it had gotten easy. He had no desire for the company of whores. He preferred his little Elizabeth no matter how innocent or ignorant she was. He preferred her that way. If she received an education in such matters ever it would be from him and him alone. He would never allow another to touch his queen and suffer the man (or woman) to live.

He opened the door to his chambers and found Elizabeth there already throwing herself into his arms. He held her close whispering softly into her ear until she seemed to calm some. "Let me look at ye Lizzielass," he said gently picking her up under the arms and pulling her away from him. He set her down gently and surveyed her. She had a dark, thick bruise on her arm. That was enough to infuriate him. The fear in her eyes though, that had him wishing he could just turn around and return to the dungeons for a little while longer. Instead he took a deep breath. "Let me bathe ye Lizzielass," he purred softly.

He watched the slightly startled look blossom on her face and took pride in that. She nodded her head in muted silence. He took her hand and pulled her into the room, across it, and to the bathroom. The bath was already filled with steaming water. The servants knew well when he came home that he always expected a hot bath on and waiting for him. It had likely been drawn as soon as word came that he was coming from the dungeons.

He kicked his shoes off and back into the bedroom relishing in the feeling of the cool stone tiles beneath his feet. Elizabeth reached down to untie her pajama shorts, but Xander caught her hand gently in his own. "Nay lass, tonight I serve my queen." He watched as a delicate blush spread across her features. His hands settled on her hips before slowly slipping up under her tank top. He began moving it up slowly revealing her body inch by inch until he pulled it off and tossed it aside. His hands slid back down her arms, keeping them from hiding herself from him as he moved and undid the tie on her shorts, tugging them down.

"Ach Elizabeth," he whispered softly. His own undressing was less ceremonious as he pulled off his clothes, unashamed of how he looked without them. There had been a time, after all, when he had been glad to go into battle wearing nothing at all. He picked his little queen up in his arms and carried her with him to the bath where he sank down and let the water surround them both. "Trust me Elizabeth," his lips found her neck and his tongue sought for the small scars where he had bitten her before. His fangs sank into her soft flesh and her sweet, rich blood flowed into him. It had been a long time since he had drank her blood. He had missed it.
♠ ♠ ♠
That would be the soft side of Xander! Hope you enjoyed what I call Xander fluff!

Comments? Subscriptions? Both?!