Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Shaun

Shaun was bound and determined to win. he wasn't a man that liked to lose, and the stakes here were particularly high. This wasn't a game and he wasn't going to let anybody get the best of him. It was hard to leave Jason, harder not to think about it and worry. He couldn't let anything distract him though-- this was far too serious, and everyone's lives were at stake if mistakes were maid. he wasn't about to get into that and have it be his fault, his slip up that meant that people died, or worse, their opponents slipped past them.

He stood and listened to Xander speak, nodding in agreement to everything he said, despite Eli's little protest. Of course, Shaun was in full agreement with Xander. Now was no time for foolish chances and he wouldn't send Eli out into battle without being fully trained. She didn't know what she was doing and if she thought he was just going to let her out there and hope that things turned out okay, then she was clearly insane.

He looked over at the red haired woman when she was finished her little complaint. "I agree with Xander. Neither of us have the time to keep an eye on you, and you're not trained to fight. If you knew what you were doing, maybe I'd change my mind, but you have absolutely no expeirence. It would be fucking stupid to send you out there. It's not going to happen. I won't let you be another casualty of this mess. You'll do was we say, and I say it's safest for you to be in the nursing camp. You'd be helping plenty. Besides, you're no good to Jason if you're dead."\

Eli scowled, opened her mouth like she was going to argue with him some more but seemed to think better of it, crossing her arms instead and turning her attention back to the Scottish vampire.

Xander nodded curtly, turning his attention to Shaun. "Ye and I'll be takin' the front. We'll lead everything, the first round, be on the field and handle things." Shaun nodded in agreement. He was never one to want to sit up on his high horse and watch the fight going on. No, he liked to be in the middle of it, getting things done and being a part of it. He would never be okay to sit back and watch. Because of that, he understood why Eli was upset-- but that was just too bad for her, wasn't it? She was staying because he said so, for her own safety.

Xander looked to Ajax. "Ye'll be leading the second round, making sure ye catch things that Shaun and I miss." The instructions were simple enough. Shaun was raring to go. This was war, full out war, and he was ready to get messy. There was no backing out now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will our faithful heroes prevail?

comment/subscribe?!