Sequel: Queens of the Night

Kings of War

Eli

Pain.

It was hard to think about anything else. It was hard to breath. Actually, she couldn't even remember the last time she had breathed. She seemed to forget how to breath. She couldn't move either. Her limbs were heavy and full of fire. The things around her were meaningless. The last thing she remembered was hearing Shaun whisper to her. She held onto that. Sometimes she wondered if it was the only thing that kept her mind together as wave after wave of pain bombarded her body. She knew that she was dying. She had never thought it would be this painful though.

She tried to scream, to make some sort of sound, but nothing would come. She couldn't even whimper, moan, or sigh. She wasn't aware of anything going on around her. She was trapped in her mind. A very lonely and dark place it was becoming too. She just wanted out. She wanted to be able to move, to breath, to laugh. How long had she been in this state? How long was she going to continue remaining like this? Somewhere the thoughts buzzed around in her mind, but they were beyond her.

Pain.

Just pain.

Then it stopped. It wasn't abrupt as that, it was more a slow dulling. Something she didn't even notice until the pain was almost entirely gone. Then she felt as if she could breath again. She felt different. Her eyes fluttered open. Everything looked different. It wasn't the sheen of survival either. She really was different. She felt it in the hunger that gnawed at her gut. She sighed softly, but the sound was loud to her ears. She could hear people moving around and speaking, though their voices were just a buzz. She ran her tongue along her teeth to make certain she wasn't dreaming. It wasn't a dream. She knew it the moment her tongue touched a fang.

She was a vampire. Shaun had turned her to save her. She sat up and looked around. The room was dark, but she could see the details. She knew these rooms. The Upper Chambers were used for fledglings who hadn't woken up. How long had it taken her body to heal and then make the change? The thought ran through her with thrill of terror. She stood up and stumbled, grabbing onto the bed post to keep herself upright. Her legs didn't want to work as hunger seemed to eat at her. She could smell someone, Shaun. He had been here. She new it was him even though she couldn't sort out the other scents. She knew she would always know Shaun's scent.

She fell back on the bed, as hungry as she was, she knew she wasn't going to make it anywhere without hurting herself or someone else. She had to wait for Shaun to come back for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
And we are coming to the conclusion. Only a few more chapters left my darlings. But as has been said before, we are promising a sequel just because we love these four so much!

Comments? We love them!