"I love you, Adrienne..." "I love you too, Mike"

Dreams and reality.

- MIKE’S P.O.V. -

“You know what, drunk people say the truth.”
“Yeah? Why’s that?”
“’Cause alcohol stops their brain thinking what’s right and what’s wrong saying.”
“I don’t get it…”
“You see, Mike, they say what they think, they don’t stop thinking if what they’re saying it’s right or wrong, embarrassing or not, you know what I mean? They just say what they feel.”
“Like, alcohol kills your common sense when you’re drunk?”
“Yeah there’s a connection that goes from your heart and brain directly to you mouth.”

This was part of the chat Billie and I had, the night before Tre got drunk.
And now that he was gone, they kept coming back in my mind… I was confused… if drunk people always say what they feel… then Tre feels something… no, no that just can’t be true.
I slowly drifted to sleep, and my thoughts soon became dreams…

*knock-knock-knock*

“Damn, who’s that, at 10pm?” I thought.
I opened the door, and in the dark doorway I saw a pair of blue eyes sparkling. He stepped in and closed the door behind him, his eyes connected with mine, and his gaze never left me.
He put his hand on my chest and pushed me backward till I hit the wall. I felt his left arm wrapping around my waist and his right hand behind my neck. I instinctively put my arms around his neck, and with a last look at me, he held me closer. We closed eyes in unison and shared a soft kiss.
“Tre, I can’t…” I said, but didn’t have the time to say more ‘cause he kissed me again, this time pressing his lips harder. I let out a soft moan and right then I felt his tongue on my lips. I slowly opened my mouth to let him in.
He was a damn good kisser… his hand moved to my belt while my hand unconsciously took off his tie…

“Mike!”
I jumped up. What the fuck.
“Mike!?”
“Oh damn, that was just a dream” I thought.
“Mike!”
I jumped out of my bed, put on my shorts and flew downstairs.
“Mike!!”
I knew that voice. As soon as I stepped down the stairs I saw him. I stopped in my tracks. The dream was still fresh in my mind and my heart was pounding in my chest. The silence was so… silent, I asked myself if he hadn’t heard my heart beating yet.