Sequel: Until The End
Status: Finished- read the sequel "Until The End"

A Little Piece of Heaven

Ex's and Oh's

I sighed and got in Jacoby's car. Johnny was hopefully at the reception already, and I remembered that Jimmy had wanted him to drive them to the car for them. I wasn't comforted by this though, because I'd seen how he looked through the wedding. Like someone had punched him in the gut. I shook the thoughts from my head as Jacoby started the car.

"You alright?" he asked.

"I'm fine," I said, trying to smile.

When we got to the reception, everybody was already there- including Johnny. I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. I looked around. Brian was chatting up a girl near the DJ booth, and Matt was taking shots at the bar. Zacky and Jerry were talking with Tobin and Tony at their table. I saw Naomi and Jimmy come in through the door, and the place erupted in applause. I met them at the table, giving them both a hug. Naomi was smiling from ear to ear, and I knew I would never see a happier bride.

"Get out there and dance, Mrs. Sullivan," I said, directing her to the dance floor.

She hugged me again, and she and pulled Jimmy out to the dance floor. The room grew quiet until Jacoby jumped onstage. He motioned for Jerry, Tobin, and Tony to join him, and they did. I smiled. This hadn't been planned, but I figured Jacoby had said something to the others.

"Alright- this song is for two of the best people in the world," said Jacoby. "I wanna wish Jimmy and Naomi Sullivan the happiest life together they could possibly have."

Naomi and Jimmy took hands and kissed. The place clapped again as they started to dance to the beat of the music.

It feels like I'm looking at life
Through a telescope because I'm so high
And the ground never seemed so far away
Truth shall be told one day
I'll be underground one day


I looked at Johnny from across the room. He took a drink of his rum and coke. I felt a tear forming in the pit of my eye, and I wiped it away. I saw his expression was dark, almost sad, and my heart sank.

I've got a woman that'll put roses on my grave
I've got a woman that'll put roses on my grave
Roses on my grave


I pulled my hair behind my ears and turned my attention back to the happy couple. I tried to smile as Johnny sat down at the table next to Zacky.

It feels like I'm looking at life
Through a telescope because I'm so high
And the ground never seemed so far away
Truth shall be told one day
I'll be underground one day


I crossed the room to Johnny and sat down beside him. He smiled a bit to me, but he didn't say anything. I wondered if he was thinking the same thing I was- we weren't ready for this. We could never fully be ready for it. Maybe now was a good time to start being ready.

I've got a woman that'll put roses on my grave
I've got a woman that'll put roses on my grave
Roses on my grave


Johnny took my hand an kissed my cheek. I rested my head on his shoulder, but he still didn't seem happy.

Don't forget me
Don't forget me
Please forgive me
Don't forget me


A few other couples had made their way to join Jimmy and Naomi in their dance, and I longed for Johnny to take me out with them, but I knew he wouldn't. He would have a few hours ago, before I'd told him. Before any of this.

It's my redemption, time for redemption
Time for redemption, it's my redemption
It's my redemption, time for redemption
Time for redemption


I took a deep breath and looked up at Johnny.

"I love you," I said.

He didn't say anything. Instead, he stood up and left. My eyes filled with tears, and I lay my head down on the table, crying.

I'll see you on the other side
I'm waiting on the other side
I'll see you on the other side
I'm waiting on the other side
♠ ♠ ♠
Roses On My Grave by Papa Roach- if you didn't catch that.

Comments? Questions? Concerns?

Watch for more coming later!