Sequel: Arizona Skyline

She Won't Kiss and Tell

04

I stood aside stage and bit my nails as I watched The Maine’s set. it was kind of frustrating to see Garrett and Kennedy glared at each other when their eyes met, and I could see that John sense something was wrong. Oh boy.

“Hey, Amanda.”

I turned around and saw Martin. “Hey, Martin. What’s up?”

“I heard about you and Kennedy.”

“Yeah.”, I nodded. It reminds me of what Sarah told me earlier, about Martin’s “crush” on me.

“Well, I hope you guys are happy together.”, he put on a fake smile.

“Thanks.”, I smiled and turned my attention back to the stage. Kennedy was explaining why he broke his nose, and again, he told them that he fell face planted to the asphalt.

Martin’s eyes were burning a hole on the side of my head and I broke his stare when I looked over to him. “What?”, I asked.

“Nothing.”, he grinned and walked towards his crews. I raised a brow and huffed. When the guys walked off the stage, Garrett shoved my shoulder and stomped off towards the bus.

“Dick.”, I muttered as I rubbed the spot where he shoved me. he shoved me hard.

“Hey, you okay?”, Kennedy asked as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

“Yeah, think so.”

“Okay, can one of you explain to me why you and Garrett wants to strangle each other on stage?”, John glared at us.

I looked down to my feet and played my hand nervously. “Well, I—“

“It’s because he stole my snacks.”, Kennedy answered before I could stutter. I looked up to him and he just smiled down to me.

“You guys are suspicious, but whatever.”, John sighed.

Kennedy pulled me out from the stage and towards the grassy lot where I was there yesterday. He sat down and pulled me down too. We stayed quiet, an awkward silent. I peeked to him from the corner of my eyes and his face were the shades of red.

“Kenny? Are you okay?”, I asked quietly.

“Not really.”

“Do you want to tell me about it?”

“It’s about you, Amanda.”

“What about me?”

He looked over to me and cupped my face in his hands. “I know that you hate Garrett, but he still loves you.”

“I think I know that too.”

“No, you don’t.”, he shook his head. “Garrett loves you for real, maybe he don’t want to tell everybody about it, but he really loves you.”

“Stop it!”, I yanked off his hands. “Just drop it, Kennedy!”

“I’m sorry.”, he muttered.

“Good.”, I snapped as I stood up, leaving him alone there. I need to get away from everyone, so I ran towards an empty, abandoned park, a little far from the buses. I sat on the creaky swing and zoned out. I don’t know how long I was there, but suddenly, fat droplets fell from the sky.

“Shit!”, I stood up and ran to the buses. Before I could reach the bus, the rain already washed me. I sighed, looking down to my clothes, consisting of tanktop and skinny jeans. The droplets touched my arms, making me shivers of cold. I don’t know why, but my legs weren’t moving.

“What are you still doing here?!”, I can’t turned my head around to see who was it, but he pulled me closer and wrapped his arms around me. “We gotta get you to the bus!”

He ran to the bus with me on his arms, and I just wrapped my arms around his waist. I still don’t know who was he, but I just can’t looked up. When we got into the bus, I realized it was Boys Like Girls’ bus.

“Mandy?!”, Sarah’s eyes widened and pulled me inside. “What happened to you?”

“I found her outside.”, I looked around and realized it was Martin who saves me. “She just stood there.”

“Oh god, come on.”, Sarah led me to the bathroom and lent me some of her clothes. I got into the shower and turn on the warm water. It felt good.

“Are you okay? Did something happen?”, Sarah asked. She was sitting on the toilet cover.

I opened the shower door a bit and sighed. “I got into a fight with Kenny.”

“Why?”

“He was bringing up about Garrett.”

“Oh, not a good topic to talk about with you.”

I nodded and turned off the shower, wrapping up a towel around my body. “And he said that Garrett still loves me.”

“Well, that’s true, right?”

“Sadly, yes.”, I sighed and stepped out from the shower.

“Do you want to stay here for the night?”, Sarah asked as she handed me the clothes. I nodded again and she walked out from the bathroom. I dried up and put on the clothes before walking out.

“Yeah, here she is.”, Sarah handed me her phone and I pressed it against my ear.

“Hello?”

“Amanda! Why were you on their bus?!”, John asked on the other line, he sounds worried.

“I was drenched because of the rain, and Martin saved me.”

“Yeah, and what have you done to Kennedy?”

“I didn’t do anything.”

“Then tell me why he just lay there in his bunk, not wanting to talk or anything?”

A rush of guilt hit me. I was too hard on him, but he was the one who brought up about Garrett! “I’ll talk to him tomorrow.”

“No, the rain’s gone, I’ll pick you up.”, then he hung up. I handed the phone back to Sarah and sat down on the couch.

“What did John say?”

“He’s going to pick me up.”

“What? Why? You could’ve stayed here.”

“He wanted me to talk to Kennedy.”
***************
“Kenny?”, I whispered when I was climbing up the built-in steps, up to his and Jared’s bunks.

He opened his curtain a bit. “Amanda?”

“Yeah, can you let me in?”

He nodded and opened the curtain fully. I slid in and I closed it again. It was dimmed inside, just a little wall lamp as the light source. “I’m sorry, for being a bitch.”

“No, I’m sorry for bringing up about Garrett.”

“Okay, we both did something that hurts each other, but we forgive each other, right?”, he laughed softly.

I grinned at the dark and pulled him in. our lips met and moved in synchronized.