Status: Sequellllllllllll! :)

My Words Are a Matter of Pride

A day in the life of the band.

"Holly, wake up," Jake called through Holly's door. He bashed his hand against the wood loudly for a few minutes, and then moved on to Harlee's door. "Harlee, if I have to come in there again like I did at the last hotel, I'll ground you!"

"Your not my mum!" Holly heard Harlee yell back, so she started to giggle.

"I'll be your mom in a minute!" Jake yelled back. Holly heard Tadem and Avara giggling in their rooms. "Harlee, are you getting up?"

"Yesss!"

"I bet your not, Harlee it's eight o'clock!"

"On the rocket clock!" Holly heard Avara yell as she stood up and went to her bag. She chose to wear a pair of black skinny legged jeans, a purple shirt and her school leavers hoody, and then she made her way to the bathroom she shared with Avara, Tadem, Travis, Jake and Harlee.

After she was finished in the shower; and dressed, Holly wondered back through the lounge room to dump her things back in her room.

"Let me guess," she giggled when she went back to the lounge room and sat herself down on Tadem's lap. "Harlee's still sleeping, and Jake has grounded her." Tadem wrapped her arms around Holly's belly and rested her head on her shoulder.

"You know how Harlee is Holly," she laughed.

Avara came out of her room and sat down across from Holly and Tadem and frowned.

"Heard you guys got married yesterday."

"Yup," Holly shrugged.

"How come I wasn't invited?"

"You were with Mr. D." Holly started laughing, and soon enough, Tadem and Avara were giggling along with her. "Tadem, massage my back."

- † -


After breakfast, Jake was hitting Avara and Holly with a stick while chasing them out of the hotel lobby. Holly threw Avara in front of Jake and yelled.

"Take her! Take her and leave me!" She screamed, diving head first into the back of a taxi.

"Holly," Avara yelled, cowering as Jake hit her over the head with his stick, "You're such a traitor Holly!" Holly, who was holding the taxi door open for Avara, stuck her tongue out.

"Sometimes, you have to sacrifice the ones you love," Holly yelled back. Avara climbed into the back of the taxi and Jake gave the driver some money.

"And don't come back until you finish your acoustic set!" he said to Avara, who was hanging out the window as the taxi drove away.

Five minutes later, Jake was still standing outside the hotel. He had his arms crossed in a boss-man like way and had a look on his face that said 'Your in trouble'. He sighed and forced down a smile as the taxi the girls left in pulled up and Holly and Avara jumped out.

"-so if we get caught, you forgot you special singing lip gloss," Avara was saying, "And maybe Jakey will never find out."

"Unless he's standing in front of us with that look on his face that he has when Harlee eats his cake, you know, that one that usually means some ones in trouble," Holly said, swallowing nervously because she had seen Jake.

"Oh," Avara, who hadn't seen Jake, laughed, "And with his arms crossed like he's the boss and stuff, like that guy there- OH MY GOD WE'RE IN TROUBLE!" Avara ducked behind Holly and pointed at her. "It was hell her man I had nothing to do with it."

"You forgot your guitars, didn't you," Jake said in a level voice. He sighed and walked back into the hotel, and then back out again carrying two guitar cases. He wordlessly handed them to the girls and pointed to the taxi. Feeling like crap, the girls got back into the taxi and went to their acoustic set.

Meanwhile, Harlee was sitting on a piano bench in a music store while Tadem was testing out a drum kit. She heard someone clear their throat behind her and turned around. It was the kid who had been following them around the store all morning, the one that kept staring at Tadem while she tried out various drum kits.

"Excuse me," he said, looking at Tadem, she looked up and smiled. "I couldn't help but notice you from over there."

"She's not interested," Harlee said, wanting to protect her friend from this perverted creep. The kid ignored her and continued speaking to Tadem.

"You're Tadem Cefni, from Kill Barbie right?" He asked.

"That would be me," Tadem smiled, nervously playing with the drum sticks in her hands.

"My name is Christopher Ross, from-."

"Look kid, the girl isn't interested in dating fans, okay!" Harlee said. The kid turned around and paid attention to her for the first time and Halree saw that he wasn't a kid at all. Now that he was up close, she saw that he was about twenty-five, and good looking. He shot her a look that said' shut the fuck up I'm not talking to you' and turned back to Tadem.

"From Kick it Drums," he said a little smugly. Probably to show Harlee that he wasn't a creepy stalker who wanted to ask Tadem out on a date. He did want to ask Tadem out on a date, but he was also a legit person. "Anyway," he said, "I noticed that you were looking for a new kit, and I thought I might be able to help you out." Tadem narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Go on," she said.

"Wanna design your own drum kit?" Christopher grinned. Tadem dropped the drum sticks she was holding.

"Yes. Yes, I do."

Forty minutes later, Holly was singing the end of their last song.

"Streets sound, home bound, three in the morning.
Bare feet, and a deflated heart.
Aint nothing but a bad feeling,
In the middle of my chest.
Streets dark, homes a start, three in the morning.

'He's hot,' that's the words their saying.
Zips down, that's the way they're playing.
Work hard, head down, a month or so more,
To get away from here.
Get started, get goin,

You know, you know." The audience clapped and Avara did a half bow over her guitar the best she could on the stool she was sitting on.

"Thank you," Holly beamed, "Hasn't this been fun?"

"Stick around if you'd like," Avara said, "because our other band peeps will be here in a jiffy to do a meet and greet with us.

As the time was nearing 11:30, and the girls were meeting and greeting the last few fans, they became nervous. Today was the day they were having their conference with Pete Wentz.

- † -


"Just wondering," a red headed girl asked Holly and Avara after she approached them at the meet and greet after the acoustic set, "if you guys would ever rap B.o.B's part in his song with Hayley Williams?" Holly pouted her lips in a thinkingly sort of way before she grinned and turned and began to frantically look for Avara. She found her standing with Harlee beside a table filled with drinks and cookies.

"Avara, come here!" She saw Avara lift her head up and look in her direction, "this chika here want's us to rap B.o.B's part in Airplanes." Avara's face lit up as she grinned at Holly and the girl. She excused herself from Harlee, and walked over to Holly and the red-headed girl.

"I think we should bring this up with Hayley-kins, and do it tonight instead of one of our oldies." Holly laughed and nodded while she got her phone out of her pocket.

HollyBurmingKB @yelyahwilliams, fan just came up with a gnarly idea. me and Vara will rap to Airplanes, and you can sing your part. My hotel room, 3 o'clock.

"Thank's for the idea man, what's your name?" Avara was saying.

"I'm Alyson Whyte."

"We'll talk about you on stage." The girl grinned and waved goodbye as Jake turned on the loudspeaker and began to tell everyone that the meet and greet was over, and that the girls were leaving.

On the way back to the hotel, Holly and Avara told Harlee, Tadem and Jake all about Alyson's idea. Jake thought they should call B.o.B and ask if they could use his song, but Tadem and Harlee loved the idea.

"When I turn the huge screen on, I want you all to smile," Jake told the girls after they'd stopped laughing and talking about covering Hayley's RnB song. "Yes Harlee, you have to smile too."

"But Jakey," she whined, "I'm tired!"

"Harlee, your a guitar player in a fast rising band, think about it. You play your guitar, you sleep in till whenever you want, you play in a band with your best friends, you go on tours with other great bands and you have a really hot gay tour manager." Harlee rolled her eyes while Holly, Avara and Tadem howled with laughter.

"Except," she told him, "you wake us up at ungodly hours of the morning. Your slowly killing me man."

"That'll be $14.95." Jake handed the man the money, and the five of them got out of the taxi.

"Father Jake, "Holly sighed, "I'm scared." Jake wrapped an arm around her shoulder and smiled.

"You'll be fine Holly, just be yourself and answer his questions honestly. I think you'll be signed before you go on stage tonight."

"Really?"

"I sure do. Which means we'll have to go to America so you can meet him in person. So technically, you'll be put on probation until Pete think's your worth his time and his money."

The four girls and one boy trooped into the hotel elevator and into Travis's room where they were greeted with Travis and his camera, which he had used to follow Kill Barbie around and succeed in pissing them off to the extent that Harlee nearly pushed him out of a window. Jake told him to put it away, and he did as he was told. Tadem patted him on the back with fake sympathy while Travis set up his lap top and did some techno buff things to make it work. After about five minutes, he called the girls over and they all sat in front of the lap top on Jakes bed, staring gob smacked at the face of Pete Wentz on the screen.

'Hey Jake,' Pete said. Harlee had to stifle a giggle because the sound and image weren't completely in sync.

"Pete," acknowledged Jake by nodding at the screen, "Meet Kill Barbie; Holly, Avara, Tadem and Harlee," he introduced, pointing to the girls in turn.

"I'm Harlee," Harlee said. Jake sighed.

"Yes Harlee, we have established that you are Harlee," he said.

"You did?" She frowned, "Oh, sorry. I wasn't listening, I was thinking about soup." Holly put her hand to her face in a face-palm gesture and Avara giggled nervously as she saw Pete raise his eyebrows. Jake pushed her, making her fall backwards on his bed and groan loudly.

"Ignore her," he said to the laptop as he readjusted it so all five were on the screen. "She's a little air-headed in the best way possible." At this, Harlee sat back up.

'Right.' Pete said, 'Well, anyway, I listened to the songs that Jake here sent me, and I'm impressed Ladies.' Holly grinned and pretended to wipe her fringe from her face.

"Thanks." Avara giggled and pushed her into Harlee's shoulder. Harlee fell backwards, and groaned once again, which sent Holly and Avara into a fit of giggles.

"Fuck up," Tadem hissed over Jake's shoulder. Holly and Avara shared a look, but stayed quiet and went back to watching and listening to what Pete and Jake were saying.

'So I'd like the four of you to play a few acoustic songs for me. They will probably sound a little digitalized to me because of the laptop, but I'd just like to get to know the way you play individually, and how you play as a team. Avara, Jake tells me that you've recently written a song called Pushing Daisy's?' Avara cleared her throat and looked at Jake.

"Why are you looking at me? Have a got something on my face?"

"No?"

"Oh," he said, then after a moment he sighed. "Avara, answer the man."

"Oh, right," she laughed nervously and nodded her head, "that is true... Holly wrote a song too..." Everybody turned to look at Holly, who then turned completely red and shook her hair over her face.

"Really Holly?" Tadem asked, "when? Where? And what's it called?" Holly looked at Tadem and shrugged.

"Haven't finished it yet..." She mumbled.

"Shut up and sing," Jake said.

"That doesn't make sense Jake," Avara laughed while Holly sighed as Travis handed her an acoustic guitar. She glanced around at everyone once more before she sighed again, and started strumming.

The group played another few songs, each one different from the last to show off each members talents, whether it was singing (for Holly), playing guitar, lyrics, drumming or tambourining. When they were finished, Pete looked even more impressed than before.

"Well..." Pete said, clearing his throat and grinning at the group who were on the other side of the planet. "Kill Barbie, Holly Burming, Avara Law, Tadem Cefni and Harlee Anchor... I'd like to welcome you all to the probationary stage of becoming part of the Decaydance family."

Holly jumped up and screamed. Avara and Harlee threw themselves at each other, and Tadem feeling left out from Avara and Harlee's hug, threw herself at Holly. Jake hugged himself and squealed like a fan girl.

"Jake, calm down." Jake cleared his throat and sat back down on the bed.

"Right, sorry boss."

"Okay, so to some up this conference call, I understand your Co-Headlining a tour called," They watched Pete shuffle through some papers and then look back at them, "the Stack Is The New Black Tour, correct?" Avara and Tadem nodded their heads. "Okay, so straight after this tour ends, that'll be what, two or three weeks before Christmas?" It was a rhetorical question, by Holly said 'yeah' anyway.

"Okay, so that being said, Jake, I'll organise a flight for the five of you, or six including your merch dude to come to California where I'll meet with you and we'll check you out live and then do a week of promotional stuff."

"That is incredible!" Harlee exclaimed, "like a year ago, we were just jamming out in Holly's lounge room on Guitar Hero!" Pete laughed at her and then his face turned serious once more.

"I'd just like to say before anything goes ahead, I'm taking a huge chance here trying to sign you girls, so please don't mess this shit up because it's a once in a lifetime opportunity." Holly thought that sounded a little mean, so opened her mouth to say something back, but Avara and Tadem saw this coming and quickly covered her mouth with their hands.

"Well it's been great talking to you, and I'll see you when your tours over. Bye ladies and Travis."

Avara and Harlee burst out laughing at Jake's red face at being called a girl.

"Bye Pete, thank you!" Holly and Tadem exclaimed together, and the screen went black. Holly and Tadem jumped up and started dancing and singing around the room, and soon enough Harlee and Avara were doing the same thing.

Five minutes of dancing later, Avara stopped and shouted; "La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La-La lunchtime!" Jake stood up and grabbed his wallet, he'd told the girls earlier if things went well with Pete, he'd buy them and Travis lunch.

"I want a stuffed spud with cheese and bacon and all that in it," Harlee yelled from the couch.

"McDonald's cheeseburger meal, large!" Holly and Avara yelled together.

"I," Tadem said in her normal voice, taking a seat between Holly and Avara on their colour in books, and laughing when they made faces at her, "something healthy, otherwise I'll have to go get Zack to run with me." Holly and Avara raised their eyebrows at each other behind Tadem's back, Zack was her ideal man. He was sensitive, muscly and handsome.

"Thank you for not yelling at me Tadem."

"That's okay."

"Your always so nice to me."

"I know Jake," she said kindly.

"I love you man."

"I love you too man."

"You guys are gay," Avara said, nodding her head. Jake and Tadem poked their tongues out at her, and left the hotel room together to get their lunches. "Aren't they just the cutest?" She laughed, turning around and expecting Holly and Harlee to laugh with her, instead, she found they were gaping at her. "What?"

"You just told Tadem and Jake they were gay..." Holly said.

"Together..." Harlee said after Holly. Avara frowned and then gasped. She jumped up, and ran out the door screaming; "Jake, I'm sorry!"

While Avara, Tadem and Jake were gone, Harlee went to see Bradie, Andy and Shaun, while Holly got her acoustic guitar out and went out to the balcony to finish her song that she'd started writing about Kyle. She strummed a few cords, and hummed a few tunes before she actually decided on some lyrics.

"We were oh-so-close and you were oh-so-nice and we were oh-so-in-like with each other. We had so-much-fun and I was lost-in your-eyes it was the hardest goodbye that ever happened to me. Kyle, I love you." A buzzing sound bought her out of her trance, and she fumbled around in her pocket trying to retrieve her phone.

Noah Ashtyn.
Hey Holly, long time no speak. I heard from Aaron West you girls were going to be home in the next few days. Do you wanna catch up? Maybe go out for dinner or something?


Holly gaped at her phone and felt the butterflies start fluttering around in her stomach. Noah was a boy she had, had a major crush on, in the last two years of high school. They'd almost dated once, but she'd gotten to scared and nervous to actually become his girlfriend.

Holly Burming.
Oh my god, Noah! It has been forever! Of course I'd like to catch up. We're coming home tomorrow, and leaving a week after that, so any time between tomorrow and next Wednesday is fine by me :)


Holly lent back against the wall and grinned. Maybe something could happen between her and Noah now that she'd gotten past her awkwardness with boys with Kyle. The hotel room door burst open, and the other three girls, Jake and Travis all trooped in with their lunches.

Holly got up and went in, taking her guitar with her, and leaning it up against the wall beside the bathroom door.

"Here," Tadem said to her, handing her a paper bag from McDonald's. Holly grinned at Tadem. "What?" She asked.

"Can I talk to you about something later?" She asked. Tadem gave her a confused look, but nodded her head. "Okay cool, thanks."

"What about?"

"I'll tell you later," she said, going to sit beside Harlee on the couch. Avara sat down on Holly's other side and picked up the remote for the TV from the coffee table. "Check if Family Guy's on." Avara nodded and went to check if it was on. It was.

- † -


An hour later, after the girls had, had their soundcheck, and while Harlee and Avara were at an interview, Holly sat beside Tadem and handed Tadem her phone with the message from Noah on it. Tadem read the message and grinned.

"Noah Ashtyn eh Holly?" Holly nodded.

"He want's to catch up!"

"I can see," Tadem laughed. "What're youse going to do?" Holly frowned. She hadn't thought about what they could do. "He drinks, you don't. Your famous, he's not." Holly punched Tadem's shoulder. "Ow, what was that for?!"

"Ruining my moment!" Tadem laughed and pulled Holly into a hug.

"How bout you and I talk about this later? I'm 110% sure if I miss my drum designing, Jake will kick my ass, and if your vocal coach leaves and you haven't done anything with your voice, Jake will kill you." Holly laughed.

"I'm holding you to it Tadie." Tadem laughed and gave Holly another hug. "See you later my love."

"Bye Harry." Holly waved goodbye, and left to go and track down her vocal coach for her lesson. She found him sitting with Jake and Bradie beside the stage picking out the lighting for their set.

"What are you guys doing?" She asked, wrapping her arms around Bradie from behind and resting her head on his shoulder. Jake looked up at her and smiled.

"Well, we're just getting the lighting perfected. I called Pete before, and we're going to get you girls a lighting tech. Pete's looking into it asap, and will send one over. he or she should be here before your home town show on Friday. Holly grinned and left Bradie, to hug Jake instead.

"We're actually going somewhere, aren't we Jakey?" Jake looked surprised for a moment before he kissed her forehead affectionately.

"Of course you are baby girl, now go with Marc and get your voice in tip-top shape." Holly hugged him a little tighter, and then let go and followed Marc away to a soundproof room she could sing in.

- † -


Meanwhile, Avara and Harlee were sitting down with the editor and chief of the magazine Guitars. Avara was playing with the bangles on her arm and Harlee was fixing her socks.

"All right," Max cleared his throat and looked at the two girls. "I'll just ask you four questions and then you can go." Harlee and Avara exchanged questioning glances.

"Okay," Harlee said after there was an awkward pause.

"What guitars do you use?" Harlee and Avara glanced at each other once again, before Avara opened her mouth to speak.

"Well," she said unsurely, "I own three guitars; two Les Paul's and a Gibson Firebird. Harlee?" Harlee smiled at Avara and began to talk.

"I own two Les Paul's."

"Great, what strings do you use?"

"The two of us and Holly mainly use Hexcore strings. I have no idea why, and I'm not sure if Harlee agree's, but they are the best strings I've ever used."

"Cool. Tell us which famous person in your opinion has the best guitar."

"I love Zack Merrick from All Time Low's bright pink bass. I've only seen it once, and haven't seen it up close so I'm not too sure what type it is, but it's so freaking awesome!" Harlee told Max excitedly. Max gave her a bored look, and turned to Avara. Avara gulped.

"I'm in love with Nick Wheeler, the guitarist from The All-American Rejects Gibson Firebird. It's beautiful."

"And the last question is; Who has the [ibest guitar out of the two of you?"

"Harlee," Avara said straight away, at the same time as Harlee said;

"Avara." Avara and Harlee looked at each other and laughed.

"Okay, that's all we need from you, you can go now." Max got up and left the room with out so much as a goodbye.

"Wow, he was so rude!" Harlee exclaimed.

- † -


Tadem sighed. She'd tried over and over and over again to get the design absolutely perfect for her brand new drum kit, but she couldn't get the last tiny bit right. She pulled her sticks from her pocket, and started drumming on her knees while she thought.

A few minutes into her thoughts, a ringing sound rang from her phone which was in her pocket.

Avara Law.
Where are you, Harlee and I finished our interview early so we'll come meet you for coffee or something. Is Holly with you?


She rubbed her hand through her hair and sighed again.

Tadem Cefni.
I'm at the music store down the road from the venue. Holly's on her way here, so we'll meet you at dome?


She placed her phone down on the table and went back to drumming.

Avara Law.
Okay, we'll order your drinks for you. Mocha for you, and hot chocolate for Holly?


Tadem sighed.

Tadem Cefni.
Yeah sure, whatever.


Holly smiled at the girl at the counter of the music shop, as she walked past her to get to Tadem in the back room.

"Miss Cefni, I'm here, let's go." Tadem looked up at Holly and made a face. "What's up your ass?" she asked.

"I can't get this fucking design right!" Holly patted Tadem's head and smiled.

"You'll get it my love, now come on, I wanna get back to the hotel."

"We can't, we have to go to dome and meet Harlee and Vara, they've already ordered us drinks." Holly smiled, come to think of it, she could go a hot chocolate.

"I hope they ordered me a hot chocolate!"

"They did."

"How do you know?"

"Avara told me."

"Oh." Tadem rolled her eyes, got up and grabbed Holly's weinus.

"Come on," she said, dragging Holly out of the shop.

When Holly and Tadem got to dome, they found Avara, Harlee, Hayley, Caleb and Alex all sitting in a booth waiting for them. Holly waved, while her and Tadem weaved their way through the tables to where the others sat.

"Have any luck with your kit Tadem?" Harlee asked, taking a sip out of her cup. Holly sat down beside Alex and pulled Tadem down beside her.

"I have most of it down, but I can't for the life of me think of the last bit that's missing."

"So you've got most of it done then hey?" Avara asked. Tadem nodded, then put her head down on the desk.

"It's so frustrating!" She told them.

"That's show biz for ya," Hayley, Caleb and Alex said at the same time.

- † -


"I'm trying-" Holly sang.

"Louder," Marc exclaimed.

"I'm trying to move on, gotta get a hold of the things I'm-"

"Try deeper."

"I'm trying to move on, gotta-"

"Try higher."

"I'm trying to move on, gotta get a hold of the-"

"Now sing that whole verse."

"I'm trying to move on, gotta get a hold of the things that im not used to."

"Perfect," Marc beamed at her, "now remember that when your singing the high notes, keep your voice as steady as you can. If you mess up, you mess up. Just play it off as a joke or something, you don't need to strain your voice trying to make your fans happy." Holly nodded and thanked Marc. "Go out there and blow the roof off."

"Holly, get up here and check your guitar," Jake yelled from side stage. Holly smiled at Marc one last time and went up the steps to join the other members of her band.

"Good luck boys," Tadem called out as the Short Stack boys ran past them and onto the stage. Bradie smiled at them, Shaun wolf whistled at them and Andy waved at them.

"Harlee strum a few notes," Jake said. Harlee did as she was told and stopped when he raised his hand. "Avara." Avara did the same, and then so did Holly. "Awesome, Tadem I want you to go and get your sketches, and finish designing. Harlee and Avara, go and learn the cords for 'Kyle'. Holly, you need to come with me."

"Why?"

"Because tonight was your last night having Marc as your vocal coach. You have a new one that Pete's sent from the states. She landed and hour ago and is sitting in your dressing room with him as we speak learning as much as she can about your voice."

"Oh," she said, "why won't I have Marc any more?"

"Because Marc has a family, and he can't really travel the world when he has one."

"I totally get that." Holly followed Jake through the venue to the room they had gotten ready in. Inside, sat Marc and beside him a short and skinny blonde women with a septum piercing.

"Holly, this Vanesse Cane, she'll be taking over your vocal lessons from now on." Holly smiled at the girl and extended her hand.

"Hello," she smiled.

"Howdy," Vanesse smiled back.

"So your part of the crew now then?" Holly asked, "like Jake and Travis are?" Vanesse looked at Jake and then back at Holly.

"Damn straight," she told her. Holly grinned.

"I like you, and I'm sure everyone else will like you too." Vanesse let go of a breath that she'd obviously been holding in until she knew what Holly thought of her.

"I'm so glad."

"Well," Holly laughed, rocking back on her feet, "I gotta go pee, then head off to get my gee-tar and stuff, soo...." She waved and left the room.

Soon enough, it was time for the four girls to go on stage.

"Hey guys what's up," Holly breathed out into her microphone. The crowd went insane as the other three girls ambled on behind Holly. "You know I can't really hear you," she laughed, cupping her right hand over her right ear. The crowd screamed a little louder. "I believe tonight is the third last night of this tour."

"That's nothing to celebrate Holly," Avara laughed.

"Yeah, well the Perth show's are kinda like one, because it's our state and all that shiznizzle," Holly laughed back. "Okay, so I guess we should sing y'all a little song."

"Nice accent Holly."

"I'm getting ready for next Wednesday."

"Holly, your not supposed to say anything," Avara said seriously. Holly gasped, knowing she really wasn't.

"So any way," she said turning back to the audience, "this song's called Tears."
♠ ♠ ♠
I actually wrote a schedule for this day.
Haha.

Oh, and by the way. we made the girls a Formspring so that if any of you beautiful readers have any questions about the story, or have a question about Holly, Avara, Tadem, Harlee, Jake, Travis or Vanesse, you just have to ask there.

It'll kinda be like they are answering the questions themselves.

http://www.formspring.me/KillBarbieBand

<3 Kayla and Louise.