Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

Unexpected

I froze. I was still. I felt my entire body tense and go numb. I was surely planing on not telling her about the whole Nick situation ant let it go. My cousin had this thing for Nick and he does too. Right now I just think he's too scared to admit it to her. He's always been shy when it comes to things like that. I believe that because he knew me so well it was different and he opened up at ease.

I felt eveyone's eyes on me and mine went directly and instantly to Nick. He was looking at me too, directly into my eyes. He had a worried look on his face. He also looked really scared. I watched him gulp hard. I gave him a look asking for help and he just shook his head.

"Are you gonna tell me what the hell is this?!?!" Nathaly yelled at us again, me and Nick. I felt Joe's arms fall from my body. I looked at him and his face had a different look. It was a mix of confusion, anger, and sadness.

"What's it, Nathaly?" Joe asked.

"That's what I'm trying to find out, Joseph. Maybe you should ask your girlfriend or your brother. What's going on between you two?" she said. I had to admit I'd never seen my cousin so angry before. She wasn't like that.

"Giselle, mind to explain?" Joe asked. I was still dazed. I couldn't find the words to speak at that moment.

"I found this in her purse, Joe. I think you should give it a look," she said handing him the envelope. I still couldn't move. I was fighting to reach out and grab it from Joe but I couldn't. I was froze. Joe started reading it. I couldn't exactly read his expression at this moment.

"Stop!" Nick's voice broke the silence. "Joe, stop. That's not for you to read," he walked to him and tried to take it from him, but Joe rapidly rose from the couch and stopped him. He lifted his hand for the letter to be out of reach.

"Joe," I whispered. Joe! that's all that could leave my mouth. Great! I saw then, when Joe looked me in the eyes, that his eyes were watery. It broke my heart. Afterall, it was all my fault. I've barely seen Joe cry, and he doesn't cry for stupid things. I know him too well to know that he only cries when he's really hurt, but most of all, when his hurt by someone he really loves.

Joe looked at me and I just shook my head slightly. "Let me explain," I semi whispered. Finally some voice came out. He shook his head and handed me the letter.

"I thought you said it was nothing. I thought you said he meant nothing. I thought you said it was me. Not him," a small tear escaped his eye and ran down his cheek. He wiped it with his hand and left the room.

I was mad now. Not at him. At her. "You," I started.

"What?" she said furrowing her eyes and crossing her arms across her chest.

"This is all your fault. You don't even know what has happened and you just burst in screaming at us when you don't have a clue what's going on!" I yelled at her. Anger raising now in me. She pressed too much buttons tonight. Last one, Joe.

"What?! Well I think the letter spoke for itself. What's wrong with you? Joe wasn't enough for you so you decided to go on Nick too? Huh?!" she spat.

"What the heck Nathaly?! Seriously what's wrong with you?! You should really try to inform before you say something. This is not your business anyways!"

"Yes it is!"

"No it's not! Last time I checked you weren't dating nor Joe nor Nick! So shut your f***ing mouth!" with that I left. Completely angry with my cousin. She really acted like a bitch! I just couldn't believe it. I was angry with Nick too for giving up so easily and not saying a word when he saw she was telling me all that BS!

I went upstairs hoping to find Joe in his room. Nothing. I went to check in the bathroom. Nothing. I went downstairs again and directly to the backyard. My cousin and Nick where who knows where. Just perfect right now, I honestly don't need to see her face right now. I walked past the kitchen door and saw Denise cleaning up an entire mess from the corner of my eye. I sighed and entered the kitchen.

"Can I help you, Denise?" I offered.

"Yes, please," she said and turned around to put some plates in the sink. I grabbed a towel and sprayed it with cleanser and started cleaning the island.

Denise turned around and wiped her hands on the apron she had on. "No, honey. Thank you but I need you to help me with something else," she said. I nodded and folded the towel leaving it there. "Go check up on Joseph, please. I know he's really hurt right now. He feels betrayed, I can tell."

"Denise I am so sorry. I-"

"Dont apologize. It's not your fault. It's just the circumstances. And I don't know what's gotten into Nicholas either," she rubbed my arm and gave me a hug. "Go talk to him, sweetheart," I nodded again and went to the backyard.

I noticed Joe sitting by the tree. He had his back resting on it, his knees folded up to his chest, his eyes were closed and his face in his hands. I put my hand on his shoulder and he looked up at me. He had been crying.

"Oh Joe, I am so sorry. I swear I was not hiding it from you. It's just he just gave it to me and I was planing on telling you but in the right time. And I'm compl-" he hushed me and shook his head.

"I'm sorry I left like that. It's just- I let my emotions take control of myself. I just can't believe Nick would do such things. I mean he's my brother and you're my girlfriend and he's supposed to respect that. He knows how long I waited for you. He know how hard that was. But I'm worried about Nathaly," he said opening his arms for me to sit by him.

I took a place beside him and let my arms wrap around him. His were instantly around me. I felt safe. As always in his arms. "I'm worried too. I mean, they're not even dating and she's acting like a frenetic girlfriend. I think they both just need to hook up already," I said closing my eyes and just taking in the moment.

I realized then that what Joe and I have is strong enough to face anything. I felt his cologne fill my nostrils along with the night scent. It was a beautiful moment. All wrapped around his arms, the night was wonderful, it was chill, just perfect.

"Giselle, I want to tell you something," Joe said breaking the silence. He unwrapped his arms and faced me. He took my hands and stared directly into my eyes. I felt my heart start beating faster and faster every second. He was starting to make me feel worried. "I've loved you for so long now, I've loved you for my entire life. You're someone really special to me. I can't go a day without gearing your voice now. Those two years were hell for me. I just want you to know that you're the best thing in my life and I love you more than anything. I've always loved you and I know I always will. I want to spend every moment in my life with you. I want to share it with you forever," he sfuffed his hand in his pocket and pulled out a blue velvet box, he opened it and there was the most beautiful piece of jewelry I'd never seen before. My hands immediatly covered my mouth and the hit tears escaped my eyes and covered my cheeks.

"Giselle, I know you're the love of my life. I want to marry you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait. I hope you like it. Leave your comments, they're always very welcome.

Hey, btw, my Joe Jonas one-shot won second place :) I'm really happy bout that. If you haven't read it yet you should give it a try.

Leave you love ppl!! You know comments = updates

-Giselle.

P.S Special thanks to my lovely reader BSMGirl08. She's a very loyal reader. Thank you girl, I really appreciate it :)