Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

Serenade

Nick stood there at my door with a shy look on his face, asking me to talk with him.

"Sure, come in," I let him in as I zipped my bag.

"Thanks," he said and sat on the bed.

"You should've knocked. Not to be rude, but I could've been undressing or something," I said as I sat on the bed in front of Nick.

"Sorry. I figured you wouldn't let me in if I did," he said.

"Okay. What did you want to talk about?" I asked playing with the sleeves of Joe's sweater I had put on.

"Uhm, I wanted to apologize for what happened at the restaurant. I'm really sorry I made you go through that," Nick apologized.

"Okay. But you know Nick, I'm not the one you should apologize to. You should talk to Joe and tell him you're sorry. You crossed the line," I said staring directly in his eyes.

"I know. I just wanted to talk to you first and explain everything," he let out a heavy sigh. "The thing is G, I'm dating Nathaly now and believe me, I'm really happy. It's just- Everytime I look at you and Joe together I can't help this feeling I get. I thought it was because I was alone and needed a girlfriend but now I have Nathaly and I enjoy spending time with her and everything. But there's something about you I can't get over it. And I know this isn't right because you're with my brother. But I can't help it, I've tryed but I can't. And tonight- that was just- I had had enough. I felt so angry with Joe. I know it's not his fault, that you're his not mine. But everytime I look at you all he does is be all over you. He does that on purpose. And I understand him I guess. He's just warning me you're his or something. But I just wish- I wish you hadn't recovered your memory or- I- I'm so sorry G. Uhm and there's something I want you to hear," he paused after a long time. I was speechless. I couldn't believe we were going through this again. I had happily left it behind. He bent down next to the bed and pulled a guitar out from under it. He sat back on the bed and started strumming.

"I wrote this for you," he said.

"Nick, don't," that's all I managed to whisper but he didn't hear me. I shook my head still not believing it. Then he started singing.

I shouldn't love you but I want to
I just can't turn away
I shouldn't see you but I can't move
I can't look away

I shouldn't love you but I want to
I just can't turn away
I shouldn't see you but I can't move
I can't look away

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

It's getting hard to be around you
There's so much I can't say
Do you want me to hide the feelings
And look the other way

And I don't know how to be fine when I'm not
'Cause I don't know how to make a feeling stop

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know

This emptiness is killing me
And I'm wondering why I've waited so long
Looking back I realize
It was always there just never spoken
I'm waiting here...been waiting here

Just so you know
This feeling's taking control of me
And I can't help it
I won't sit around, I can't let him win now
Thought you should know
I've tried my best to let go of you
But I don't want to
I just gotta say it all
Before I go
Just so you know


I felt a huge knot in my thoat. I wanted to cry so badly. I heard clapping from the door and through my watery eyes I saw who it was.

"Great song, Nick. I wonder how Nathaly's gonna like it. You know you should start writing songs about your girlfriend and to your girlfriend and stop stepping in our relationship. I'm sick and tired of you trying to break us apart. Get over that little crush you have on my girlfriend already! And if you don't tell Nathaly I will. I'm not letting you hurt her, too. Stop being so selfish. Don't you see all the damage you've made already?"

"Joe, I'm sorry alright. But this is not just a crush. I-" Nick started.

"Oh, so now you're gonna tell me you love her?! Just leave us alone Nick! Get your own life!" Joe yelled angry.

"Look, Joe. That's not what I was going to say," Nick stood up. "You don't even know shit of what goes on between Giselle and I. And you should ask her first about her feelings and what she wants before you start talking for the two of you!"

Joe took a few steps toward Nick. "Oh, so now what? You want me to ask her if she loves you back? She might, bust just like a little baby brother. You're just so immature Nick! And let me get this clear for you," Joe said pointing Nick's chest with his finger. I knew something so I stood up. "You don't ever think of getting near my girlfriend and try to 'win her heart' because I'm going to bit the crap out of you! Get it?!" Joe grabbed a fistful of Nick's shirt.

I rushed to the two if them and tryed to break them apart. No results.

Nick pushed Joe off him. "You don't tell me what to do! I just want to love her! And you just can't keep it in you pants any longer! That's why you're-"

Pow!.

Joe hit Nick so hardly in the face his nose was bleeding now. "Don't you dare to talk that way about her or me," Joe said to Nick furiously.

Nick looked at Joe and I could feel another fist coming. I stood in front of Joe looking at Nick.

"Stop it! Please just stop!" I cried. Tears had found their way down my cheeks by now. This time they heard me. I had been calling out for them to stop but they wouldn't hear me. "Guys! You're brothers! You can't be fighting with each other all the time! I'm sorry this is all my fault. Let's just- let's go to bed. I really don't want you guys to continue with this. Please."

"G, I'm sorry. I- I'll see you tomorrow. Night," Nick said and left the room.

I turned around to Joe. He embraced me tight in his strong arms. I cried in his chest as he rubbed my back. He soothed me until I wasn't crying anymore. I looked up at him and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"I'm so sorry, Joe. This is all my fault. All I've done is grow this family apart. First your dad, now Nick. I'm really sorry. Joe, I think it's best if we-" I gulped not wanting to let the words leave my mouth. Then Joe leaned in and put his lips on mine for a slow kiss.

"Don't you dare to finish that, and to say that again. It is not your fault, beautiful. I just can't believe my own brother could do something like this," Joe hugged me once more and pulled me toward the bed.

He sat on the bed and I went to my bag to get my pjs again. I went into the bathroom and closed the door. I looked in the mirror and I was a complete mess. All my make up was a mess because of the tears. I cleaned my face and decided to take a quick shower. I put my pjs on and walked out of the bathroom.

Joe had already changed into pajama pants and a white tee. He had his glasses on and I guess he also took a shower. Guess my shower wasn't that quick. He was strumming with the guitar Nick had played the song with.

"You know, this is actually mine," Joe said looking up at me.

"Really? Why do you keep it here?" I said laying next to him.

"I like to come here to write," he simply said and continued strumming the guitar. After a while he put it under the bed and lay with me. He lay on his left side looking at me.

"You have no idea how happy you make me, baby. And I don't blame Nick for liking you. I know you can drive every guy head over heals. You're so beatiful, and you're so smart, and passionate, and such a good person. And...and you're mine. Mine. You have no idea how much I love the sound of that," he said kissing my lips.

I slipped my arms around his torso and looked up at him. "I love you. Just you. And I'm going to be yours forever, baby," I assured him. We shared a long sweet kiss and then pulled away.

"G, have you ever thought of moving out?" Joe asked all of a sudden.

"What?" I asked confused.

"You know, moving out. Getting your own apartment. Living alone. Enjoying life with no parents at home. No more curfew, or eating food you don't like, or being told what to do. You know, being free!" he said excited.

I giggled. "You sound like a little kid," I said. He grinned. "But well, you know, I have. I just don't have money to right now. I mean, I graduated but I haven't finished college yet. And I have to. I also want to work at the same time I study. I mean just a little job. Have you? Have you thought of moving out?" I asked him letting my hands roam upwards his chest and tangle in his hair.

"Actually, I have. I just wanted your opinion," he smiled.

"I think you should if you want to and you're sure about it."

"Wanna go apartment haunting with me?" he grinned.

"Of course I want to," I pecked him lightly.

"Great. And hey, don't you want to work as a model again? You loved that."

"I'm not sure. I have to think about that," I said closing my eyes feeling tired. It had been a really long day. "Joe, you're staying here?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

"Yes," he responded.

"Aren't you going to get in trouble?"

"Dont think so. Don't care. Night, beautiful. I love so much," Joe said kissing my forehead.

"I love you so much, Joe. Goodnight," I hugged him tightly and he turned off the light. A little after we had drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy new year everybody! I hope you had a great time :)

Here's the first update of 2011 :) I'm really excited! I hope you liked this chapter. It's longer than usual I guess. There's a lot more coming in the next chapters.

The song Nick sang is Jesse McCartney's "Just So You Know". Full credit to that.

Please leave your comments and let me know what you think about this update :) I really really love reading every comment you leave and that makes me want to write longer and better updates for you :)

Much love,

-Giselle