Status: Active. You comment, I update.

Please Be Mine

The Date

Giselle’s POV

“Let’s go now, to your dream date.”
Oh My!

I just smiled at him and nodded. Ok I don’t really know where he’s taking me but I think it has to do with the dream date we talked about yesterday while we walked home.

“Uhm, Joe?”

“Yes?” He said, not looking away from the road.

“Where are you taking me?” I said looking out the window.

“I’m not telling you.” He responded smirking, and looked at me from the corner of his eye.

“Does this have to do with the dream date we talked about yesterday?” I asked looking at him.

“Maybe. I don’t know. But, I hope you like it.” He said with an evil smirk.

“Really?” He just shrugged his shoulders.

We continued to talk until we arrived to where he was taking me.

Aha, I knew it!. We were at the beach and the sun was setting. I liked it, although I hope this isn’t too cliché. I mean, I do like it but… I don’t know. Joe stepped out of the car and went the way around, opened my door and helped me out. A gentleman… Ohh I like it.

He grabbed my hand and led me to the pier. We were walking hand by hand when suddenly the wind lifted my dress. I put my hands over it to stop it from going higher. It was so embarrassing. I felt my face flush red when I heard Joe laughing by my side. I glared at him and he stopped laughing.

“Sorry, I thought it was funny.” He said putting his hands up in defense.

“Well, if it had been you, you wouldn’t have found it that funny.”

“I’m sorry. It just reminded me of the time when we… Uhm, never mind. Forgive me?” He said giving me puppy eyes.

“Finee!”

“Great!” He said smiling at me and taking my hand again. This time I was very careful to not let that happen again. Then I remembered what he just told me. It reminded him of the time when… we? What was he going to tell me? I just met him yesterday. We don’t have any memories together.

We stood there on the pier looking at the sea.

“So, uhm you’re from here? I mean Los Angeles?”

“Noup. My family and I moved here when I was 14. But I like a lot here.” I like it more now that I met certain gorgeous guy here.

“Cool. Do you miss something from where you moved from?” He said, and I can tell he looked kinda anxious.

“Yeah, I miss some friends I had there. But, you know, I actually don’t remember much. We had a car accident when we just arrived here and I suffered from amnesia. I remember a lot of things now, but I don’t remember everything so I sort of forgot about my friends from Jersey and other stuff. That’s where I’m from, by the way.”

“Oh.” That was all he said, and turned his gaze to the sea.

A moment later he took my hand and finally broke the silence.

“Let’s go. This is beautiful and everything but I want to take you to the real date.” I grinned wide and walked beside him.

*Joe’s POV*

“So, uhm, you really don’t remember your friends from Jersey?” I asked.

“No. I wish I could. My mom has told me a little about them. I know I had very close friends there. I know my best friends were my neighbors and they also were my parents’ best friends’ children. I guess it was awesome. It’s kinda sad that we don’t talk anymore. I mean, after the accident the doctor said it was better for me to remember everything slowly. That when it was the right time my parents should let me see them or talk to them. So until now, I just hear stories about them from my parents. It’s really sad, you know?”

“I bet it is. And I’m also sure that your friends must have had a really hard time.” I said looking at my feet. If you only knew how hard.

“I guess. But you know, I’m a little mad at them.”

“Why?” I looked at her with a horrified look.

Because, they never called me. You know, they never even tried to talk to me after I moved.”

“How do you know that? Maybe they knew about what happened and didn’t want to rush things. Maybe if they had called things could have been harder for you.”

“I never thought about that.” She looked really sad.

“You know what? Let’s drop that subject. But just have in mind that your friends are always your friends. And, I’m sure you’ll see them really soon.” She smiled at me, not needing to look up to do so. Then I felt her arms sneak around my waist, and she gave me a hug, which I, without doubting, gladly returned.

“Thanks Joe. Thanks for listening to me, for caring.” She let go but I kept one arm around her. We walked like that until we reached the dock where the surprise waited. I let go of her.

“Mademoiselle.” I said extending my arm in the direction of the yacht. She looked at me with wide eyes. “Come on, let’s get in.”
“Joe, this is the surprise?”

“Yes. Don’t you like it? We’re gonna have dinner here.”

“Yes, I love it! But, isn’t this too much for a first date? This all looks very expensive.”

“Don’t worry about that. And no, it is not too much for a date.” And this is not the first one.

We had dinner and talked about a lot of things. We talked, laughed, ate, and of course there was a lot of flirting going on during all those, at least from me.

We went outside and watched the stars for a while before we returned to the dock. We decided to walk down the shore. I enjoyed watching her have fun. She looked so happy, relaxed, free. We talked a lot and we really got to know each other. At least she did. We returned to the car and this time we couldn’t hold hands because I was carrying the thousand seashells she recollected.
We arrived her house, and I walked her to the door.

“Thanks Joe, for everything. This was for sure the best date ever. Thank you so much!”

“Is OK. This was the best date ever for me too.” I smiled.

“Ok. Night.”

“Night.” I gave her a hug but didn’t let go. I leaned in to kiss her…

“Joe?” I opened my eyes instantly and felt my face flush red.
“I am really sorry. I…”

“Don’t worry, it’s ok. I’m sorry. It’s not that I don’t want, it’s just… Joe we just met. I don’t want to rush things.”

“It’s OK. You’re right, I don’t want to rush things either.”

“Great. Good night.” She gave me a kiss on the cheek ant entered the house.

I stood there. She doesn’t remember anything, she doesn’t remember… Just then the door opened.

“Joseph.”

“Oh. Hi Mrs. Starr. ” I greeted G’s mom. I couldn’t help the sad look I had.

“Joseph, I’m sorry. I know how much this is hurting you right now. I know how much you want to tell her, but please take things slow.” I gave her a confused look. “I saw you tried to kiss her. Joe, I know how much you love my daughter, but please don’t rush it.”

“Oh. I’m really sorry. It’s just… when do you think it will be the right time?”

“I’m not sure. But I can tell you she’ll remember really soon. Now, Goodnight son.”

“Goodnight.” She gave me a motherly hug and entered the house.

I drove home with just one thing on my mind. Why don’t you remember? Why don’t you remember me baby? I'll make sure you remember, and everything's gonna be like before. I promise you.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!!! I hope you had a great time!

Ok so here's your update! I hope you liked it! Please tell me what you think!! Leave comments people please!! It doesn't take much time!!

What do you think is happening in the story? Did you expect that? What do you think Joe's talking about at the end? Haha let me know!!

COMMENT & SUBSCRIBE

-Giselle