To the End of Sweet Revenge

Taking it's Toll

Jay's Pov

Gerard looked up at me and smiled. "Sure" was his sweet reply.

Leading him to the front of the bus we sat on a couple of chairs where we both smiled yet again at one another.

Starting the talking Gerard spoke yet again. "So what's up?"

I couldn’t believe it out of all people I was getting cold feet, this never happened to me.

I was known to be straight up; as the girls told me I was the peacemaker of the group always wanting to solve any issues or problems.

Looking at Gerard I smiled yet again but said nothing, nothing would come out of my mouth my lips were stuck together like super glue.

I knew I had to say something and from Gerard's facial expression he looked confused as to what was going on, I know I must have looked ridiculous just sitting there and staring.

"Ahh…I just wanted to know how you felt about Dakota?"

"Um…I like her but I don’t think she like's me anymore…I was a jerk to her, so really can’t
blame her" Gerard sweetly replied.

I wanted to choke on the words he was saying as he didn’t know the real Dakota and I don’t think he ever would.

"So what did you want to tell me?"

"Ahh it was mainly about Dakota" I whispered, trying to tell him everything but nothing was still coming out.

"What about her?"

"Um…I think you should stay away, she's not good for you."

I could see Gerard was shocked by what I had to say due to the look in his eyes, thought the glistened, at the same time he still looked shocked.

"Oh…I wasn’t expecting that, why?"

"There are things you don’t know about her which are better left off unsaid and I think it's best you stay away" I replied still wanting to spill the beans but at the same time unable to say anything as guilt racked through my body knowing Gerard would be hurt.

You could genuinely see that he truly liked her and wanted to get to know her further. But I couldn’t allow it he deserved better then the treatment he was going to get ,only at the same time I couldn’t bring my self to do it.

"Thanks for the advice Jay, but I think I know what is best for me" Gerard softly replied.

Getting up from where I was sitting I could see Dakota stare at me with hurtful eyes; I could only assume that she thought I was telling Gerard. But as she looked towards Gerard he smiled towards her, which gave it all away.

Quickly she turned to me and gave me a look as if to say thank you, but at the same time I knew she was pissed and that eventually I would feel her wrath as well.

Dakota's POV

Standing and watching Jay talk to Gerard, I had nothing to think besides she was telling him what was happening and then that was going to cause a huge argument.

But as Gerard and I made contact, he smiled towards me ever so warmly and I knew that she hadn’t.

As much as I was angry at her, I knew she was only trying to do the right thing but whether she liked it or not I wanted her to butt out of my issues.

Eventually I crawled in to the bunk I was now getting used to, as Frank already lay there softly snoring, turning around to get comfy I was staring directly at Gerard as he read a book,

Placing his book down he turned to face me and whispered.

"Do you wanna sleep in here?"

Nodding in agreement, I quietly crept out of my bunk and slid in to Gerard's where he wrapped his arm around me; once again I was getting the feeling that was warm and fuzzy.

It was starting to make me question myself and I hated that thought.

"Jay spoke to me earlier and told me I should stay away from you, Why are you so distant
with me, what have I done…"

I was hating all this loved up mushy crap, I needed to extract pain but I wasn’t sure how too.

"You were a pig" I declared.

"How was I a pig, was it the way I was a few days ago?"

"Yeh it was Gerard and people like that don’t interest me, especially when all they want is
one thing" I replied.

"Oh..It wasn’t meant to be like that, I thought you wanted it as well."

"Well Gerard you thought wrong" I snapped.

"I'm sorry Dakota…I feel so mean that I really hurt you would think of me as nothing."

I couldn’t believe Gerard was wanting to have a deep and meaning full with me, I wasn’t ready for this and didn’t want this type of connection with him. It was getting to be too much.

"I gotta go" I replied as I pushed him back emotionally and once again shut myself off, he was starting to remind me of my past and how I couldn’t handle it.

I was getting too close which wasn’t a good thing if anything I needed to further distance myself and strike at the best possible time when he was down the most, what was messing with me the most was I really wasn’t sure how I could I break his heart.

My only thoughts were to get close to him and then break his heart that way, to become his girlfriend. But I wasn’t sure if I could. As soon as I got close I felt like I needed to pull away.

It was getting to be too much for me. Maybe it was finally my conscience kicking in I really don’t know.

All I knew was that I had to hold on and get the full satisfaction that I deserved.