To the End of Sweet Revenge

Keep Holding On

The rest of the evening was a blur and all I could remember was waking up the next morning with Gerard having his arms wrapped around me, I felt so safe I didnt want to leave.

He still had no idea what had happened to me and I felt that it was time for him to finally know. To know the truth.

My feelings were Gerard were taking over and I didnt want to control them but I still felt I need to and I was going to follow my head, as I’d learnt never to follow your heart.

Waking up I softly kissed Gerard on the lips which made his stir, where he slowly opened his eyes and looked towards me with a smile.

“Morning” I whispered as I once again leant in and kissed Gerard softly on the lips.

“Morning” he replied. “Are you feeling better?”

“Yeh I am, But there’s something I need to tell you in order for you to understand what I’m going through”

Gerard eyes opened quickly like he was trying to tell me he was fully awake and ready to give his undivided attention. “What, What do you wanna tell me?” He asked ever so sweetly.

Taking in a deep breath I really didnt want to say anything but I felt like I was obliged to, that he at least deserved that.

“Well a few years ago a terrible thing happened to me” I said as I looked in to his face as the memories came back in to my mind and tears started to well up in my eyes.

I never thought I’d find it so hard to talk about it. But then thinking about it, I’d only ever really told Coco the truth she knew everything from what happened to the way I felt.

Jay and Mac got the light version as I had felt at the time I couldn’t relive what had happened. I’d been missing for just over 3 weeks when I’d escaped and everyone had thought I was dead.

Coco had told me that when she’d gone to wake me the next morning and not seen me there she had honestly thought nothing of it as she thought that maybe I’d gotten up early to go and get some coffee, and that it wasnt till later in the day.

When I still hadn’t shown up for our first band practice that she was worried and had gone to the police.

I’d always told Coco it wasnt her fault and she seem to take it but deep down I still think she blamed herself as she hadn’t called the police that morning.

Looking back at Gerard I could see that he was still waiting for me to finish what I had to say and was looking on with anticipation to know what I wanted to say.

“What happened?” Gerard asked.

“I was um....how do I put it...lets say attacked. I was missing for 3 weeks.” I replied as the tears started to once again flow freely down my face.

Gerard looked on as he wiped the tears away from my face and looked on shocked as I continued to speak. “I had no idea where I was nor how I got there, I was taken away from my family and friends where the masked man, raped me and tortured my body.”

“Oh Dakota....I never knew”

“It’s ok...I don’t want your sympathy please.”

“How old were you when this happened?” Gerard asked.

“I would have been turning 20" I replied.

“You were so young.”

Gerard looked on at me with a smile while his mind as I could see was working over time and then he softly spoke. “You were the girl on the Jersey news I remember now, who had been tortured by the serial rapist and with you testimony you put the bastard away as they found DNA matching his on you. Oh my god Dakota, what you must have gone through.”

I couldn’t believe Gerard knew who I was and what had happened to me. “But one thing I don’t understand...If that’s you why do you have a different name?”

“Different name?”

“It’s not Dakota Ackerson is it?” Gerard asked yet again.

Gerard had uncovered another one of my secrets that I’d kept to myself beside the girls who knew the reasoning behind it. “Ahh...no it’s not, it’s really Grace Ackerson, but I don’t go by that name any more that’s in the past and that’s not who I am, she died along time ago” I replied.

“It’s ok Dakota I understand, I wanna help you the best I can, I care for you...more then you actually know”

Telling Gerard the truth felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders and I was grateful that I was able to tell him and glad that he wasnt angry at me.

But I still had my thoughts in my mind on how he needed to suffer like every male that thought they could be with me. Gerard was no better then the masked man and while I was still alive I was still going to break his heart and show him what pain was all about.

Wrapping his arms around me he kissed me on the cheek and whispered “I love you Dakota.”

I was shocked to hear the words and unable to fathom that I’d captured his heart, what he saw in me I had no idea.

But there was something as no upon hearing them words I had him right where I needed him to be in order to execute the last bit of my plan out. Where I’d be able to see Gerard crumble and hopefully get my sweet relief.