To the End of Sweet Revenge

You Make Me

Gerard’s POV

Listening to what Dakota had to say was heart wrenching, the pain and torment she would have gone through would have been horrible and now it seemed she was living a life of misery and to me the only thing that kept her going was her love of music and her band.

It was all starting to make sense on how she had all these boundaries and not wanting to let one in, she was scared to let her guard down and I so badly wanted to be able help her.
It was like she felt she had no one to turn to and that she was on a path of self destruction. I was however grateful that she was now opening up to me but I could see how much of a burden this was for her.

How it was affecting her mentally was different, it seemed like she like to withdraw from people and rather take an observation of who they were, which for Dakota was bad, she needed to heal rather then let this terrible situation drag her down further.

What she'd gone through or how she had actually felt, only she would ever know. And she would have to live with that for the rest of her life, if anything I wanted her to release her inner demons, they had been bottled for too long and they were wanting to come out, to consume the person that she was.

How I was gonna get Dakota to forget I didnt know if I could or if she would allow me to. There were two types of things in Dakota’s life her past and her present, Her past which had been dormant for so long was now fully awake and wanting to escape with all it’s rage and hatred.
And then there was her present, trying to forget and get on with her life.

Which you could see was slowly tearing Dakota apart as she didnt know which way to go.

After sometime we both got out the bunk we had shared that night and went to the lounge area where no one was up, still asleep guessing as everyone had stayed awake after Dakota’s big ordeal. Sitting down after having poured myself and Dakota a cup of coffee, Dakota wondered to the bag of the bus where she rustled through her bag that was on the floor, flipping clothes everywhere trying to find something to wear.

After what seemed like ages she walked back out still in her panties and singlet holding some clothes in her hands.

“I’ve got nothing to wear...I should have bought more with me.” Dakota complained.

“I’m sure you’ve got heaps to wear...What do you have in your hands?” I asked.

“Rubbish” Dakota muttered.

“Dakota I’m sure you will find something to wear.”

Dakota walked off again and went to the back of the bus where I heard the bathroom door close, not thinking much of it I continued drinking my coffee while looking out the window and waiting for everyone else to get up.

Dakota must have been in the bathroom for ages as Frank had gotten up and started to bang on the door but yet there was no answer, walking to the back of the bus Frank had his legs crossed holding his privates and going red in the face.
I couldn’t help but laugh.

“Don’t laugh...I have to go badly” Frank whinged.

Banging on the door I yelled Dakota’s name. “DAKOTA!”

There was no answer, instantly feelings started to take over and I was getting worried. Yelling her name yet again I still heard no response while Frank was still standing cross-legged looking like a fool.

“Dakota open the FUCKING door” I yelled.

Before I knew what was happening the door opened and there was Dakota standing in front of me looking spaced out, saying nothing she pushed past Frank and I where Frank bolted in to the bathroom.

Following Dakota I was confused by her attitude and the way she was acting, I wasnt sure which personality I was going to get PAST or PRESENT.

“Dakota are you ok?” I asked.

“I’m Fine” Dakota snapped.

“What happened in the bathroom?”

“Nothing cant a girl get ready.” Dakota angrily replied.

It was so confusing seeing her like this, all I wanted to do was comfort her. I’d already told her I was in love with her, maybe it was really lust but it sure felt like love and I was willing to follow my heart.

Not that I was looking for love but I hoped that Dakota would be able to return the feelings that I had for her.

Not once had I heard from her that she was in love with me and I know that was a selfish tendency of mine, but I wanted her to be able to express her self towards me, but at the same time I knew I had the answers to my own questions. Dakota would never be able to love until she got past her own inner demons.

But I was willing to try and hopefully get her out of this situation where she could finally open her heart again, and finally bury Grace Ackerson and become Dakota Ackerson, the person who was vibrant and funny, who was sexy and caring all in one. The woman I wanted to give my heart to.

Dakota’s POV

Time passed quickly and before I knew it we were at the next venue...feelings were running rampant through me. Gerard finally knew about my past which I’d always told myself that I’d never reveal as it was in the past, but I could see that the past for myself was coming back to haunt me.

However the whole bus ride as I'd decided to do my own thing, he had his eye on me determined to find out what I'd done in the bathroom which was nothing, if anything I was just needing to be by myself to mull over everything that had happened.

All I wanted was my sweet relief and over the next week I’d make sure that I got it, Gerard was going down and there was nothing that anyone would be able to do in order to stop me. I was in control or so I thought.

We’d arrived at Bristow in VA at the Nissan Pavilion, and I was looking forward to today’s performance.I needed for even a few minutes to let my self go and be nobody beside the lyrics that were coming out of my mouth, a stage performer if anything. And to that I hope that Jay was finally gonna play with us, so far she’d missed a few shows and we’d put it down to her being ill.

At the same time I needed to stay away from Gerard he was getting closer to me then I liked and I needed space. Once the bus pulled up I was the first off the bus the one lighting my cigarette where I felt Gerard place his arm around me.

“What ya doing?” he asked.

“Just smoking” I replied with a short smile.

“Wanna hang with me?”

“I cant I have my band and practice” I couldn’t spend time with him as my head at the same time was out of control, I needed to be better then it.

My past was out and I was angry, maybe Gerard being my target wasnt right but I needed everyone to understand I felt he deserved it and well he was gonna get it.

“Dakota...What’s going on with us?” Gerard asked casually.

“What do you mean?” I asked knowing exactly where this was going.

“You and I, what are we?”

“Um...a woman and a man?” I replied stupidly.

“No I don’t mean that, I mean are we a couple like...um....boyfriend and girlfriend, are you my girlfriend?” Gerard shyly replied.

I had the opportunity to say yes but rather I took the nasty side. “I don’t like to be labelled” I knew he wanted a response but I wanted him to tell me what he truly wanted and slowly it was coming out.

“Oh...” Gerard replied as his arm slowly released from my waist and he started to step back, I could see the hurt in his eyes. What I didnt need was him backing away to far. I had him right where I wanted him, I just needed a little more time to execute my plan.

“Gerard...”

“Yeh?”

“Will you um...be my boyfriend?” I asked, regretting my words but I knew it needed to happen.

Before I could say anything, Gerard’s arms were once around me and his lips were on me, kissing me passionately.

Letting go I gave him a small kiss and said goodbye, I had to go to meet the girls along with Preston and Jeff to get ready for our show.

Yelling out “Watch me.”

Gerard nodded as I walked in to the distance, happy with where I had Gerard and knowing that soon, heartbreak would finally occur and for once it wouldn’t be mine.