To the End of Sweet Revenge

The Other Way

Gerard’s POV

Watching Dakota perform was great, Inside I was hurting immensely but seeing her up on the stage was taking it all away. I even found myself singing along to the words especially when never return came on.

But it all came to a haltering stop when without realising it, the set had finished and Dakota was walking right past me.

Gazing towards me the sadness returned as her smile disappeared. I had no idea what to do besides to turn away. My stomach began to churn as fear and anger swept over.

As much as I thought I was ready to see her I wasnt. Every ounce of anger I had felt was still there. now with her image planted firmly in my mind, my distrust in her had returned. I could no longer see her as the beautiful and stunning Dakota. She was now imprinted in my mind with the hurt and betrayal she had caused.

As the rest of the girls walked by, Jay looked towards me with disapproving eyes. Needing to get out I stormed off back to the bus. I wasnt going to let jay get to me, this was still Dakota’s fault.

As I saw it in the end I’d found out from Jay’s drunken mouth and I was gonna have some fun with it, but then Dakota had decided to spill everything. So maybe it was me being selfish but as I saw it I hadn’t done anything wrong.

On the bus before I knew it, I heard that ever so familiar voice and the giggle of a female, instantly I jumped up knowing it could only be one person. Running to the front of the bus I saw him, My brother Mikey.

With our eyes locked I ran off and gave him a big brotherly hug.

“Mikey” I screamed.

“Hey Gee...miss me?”

“Fuck yeh” seeing Alicia I gave her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

“Where’s Ma?” I asked.

“Uh she was looking around, we’ve been here a while but Ray said you and Frank were checking out a band.”

“Yeh I was “ I said as I lowered my voice.

Mikey looked at me surprisingly, he had no idea what had occurred nor that Dakota and I were ever an item, nor really the fact that I had hooked up with anybody. But I knew straight away that he was aware that something was up and something like this I wasnt going to be able to keep away from him, whether I wanted to or not.

He was my little brother and no matter what we always looked out for each other and never kept anything from each other.

“Ali I need to speak to Gee.”

Alicia got the hint and went on her merry way to find our mother who had gone looking around.

Up in the bus we both sat down, Mikey got straight to the point which I wasnt expecting.

“So Gee what’s going on?”

“A lot of shit.” I muttered.

“Like what, your not back on the drugs or alcohol are you?”

“Hell no, it’s to do with a girl, I fell in love and in the end she turned out to be nothing but a superficial bitch.”

“Woah...No way! Gee what happened.”

Knowing I was going to have to explain everything I got up and poured myself and Mikey a cup of coffee where I started to explain everything from how I had ever first met Dakota, to our first kiss, to the games we had played, to finding out the truth from Jay and then last but not least Dakota spilling the beans on her actions.

Mikey sat there, looking at him he was trying to take everything in and I was sure he was trying work it out in his head, after sitting there for a minute and not saying anything, his mouth opened but still said nothing.

“Mikes are you ok?”

I was stunned to hear the next lot of words. “Where is the bitch?” he asked as he stood up with anger in his eyes.

“Mikey it’s not worth it, she knows she has done wrong and she is already suffering.”

“Gee I don’t give a fuck, this bitch comes in messes with you and think its fucking ok, well guess what its not, I should get Ali to beat her up.”

“Mikey!” I yelled. “You don’t need to go that far, can we just drop it....tell me about your time off” I said as I tried to change the subject but it was to of no avail.

Mikey had already run out the bus, going after him. I wanted to be there before he got to Dakota but I had a feeling I was gonna be too late.

Dakota’s POV

Having seen Gerard and knowing that he had watched me, my heart cringed. There were feelings of hope that he could still possibly like me but I knew not to act upon it as I more then likely my heart would be crushed yet again.
I
f anything I knew I had to get Gerard out of my mind, and the only I could think of doing that was to get drunk and party hard.

So going over to Coco who was outside talking to Frank I interrupted them.

“Coco wanna go out tonight?” I asked still dressed in my slutty outfit.

“Hell yeh.” She replied with a giggle.

Frank looked towards he with a smile. “He still loves you Dakota, he’s just hurting as soon as I had told him that you guys were playing, he instantly wanted to see you.”

“Thanks for the words Frankie...but I know nothing is ever gonna come of Gerard and I, what I done was unthinkable and well this is my punishment for being such a selfish person.”

“Fucking right it is” A voice yelled as I finished saying what I’d said.

Looking around, now standing in front of me was the one and only Mikey Way and boy did he looked pissed, my only assumption was that Gerard had told him what had happened and he was now here to kick my ass.

Saying nothing I continued to stare for him to bite first, rather Frank did.

“Mikey you’re here.”

Mikey ignored Frank as he continued to give me daggers. This was now starting to piss me off as he said nothing.

“Can I help you with anything?” I asked sarcastically.

Before I knew it he started and I wasnt ready for it. “Who the FUCK do you think you are, treating my brother like that. Your inhumane and if I had my way I’d be kicking your ass. He was fucking in love with you and all you want to do is destroy him emotionally, do you even no what my brother has been through, drugs, alcohol, already a broken heart and I bet you knew this but still you went on your fucking merry way out to pull him down.”

Standing there I could say nothing as the yelling continued.

You’re a pathetic person who deserves no one, never ever will you be with my brother, I’ll make sure of it. You’re the last person who will ever be with him.”

“Mikey stop it please” Gerard yelled.

Spinning around my eyes were now locked with Gerard’s as the tears once again started to roll down my face, seeing him hurt and he was actually trying to defend me against his brother, who I couldn’t blame for going off at me cause if I had a brother or sister I’d be doing the same.

“No Gee, she needs to know what its like to be used and humiliated. Dakota....I hope you fucking rot in hell you stupid bitch”

With that it all ended as I ran back on to the bus unable to take anymore of the berating I was getting. Yes I deserved it but I wanted it to stop. I knew that Gerard was never coming back to me and I felt that was punishment in it’‘s self.

Before long after the yelling had died down, I heard footsteps and then someone kneeling down beside me. Looking up with the tears streaming down my face, a hand ran across my cheek. Making eye contact with them perfect orbs I looked in to them.

“Dakota I’m sorry” he whispered as he embraced me in his arms.

I didnt want to say anything to ruin the moment, rather he leant in as he pushed my hair out of my face and kissed me softly on the lips, it was magical and I didnt want it to end. I was in heaven and he was hear with me.

“Gerard I’m sorry....I love you”

“I know I love you too.” Gerard softly replied.

Opening my eyes I looked around, there was nothing. Where had he gone he was there just a minute ago. Getting up on the bus floor I looked and still saw nothing and then realised it had all been figment of my imagination.

Gerard had never been on the bus telling me he loved me, but Mikey and that yelling was certainly real.
This just broke my heart further.