Status: Active, I'll update as much as possible

Open Your Eyes, I'm Watching You

03

A week went by and I still hadn't heard from Michael. But who could blame him. I'm awkward, I don't date, and I don't party. What kind of college guy would want to talk to a girl like that? I shook my head of those thoughts. It doesn't even matter, I don't date! I shouldn't be thinking about it. Besides…I'm technically illegal. He's in college, I'm 17, we couldn't date…right? I chewed on my lip and put some books on the shelves. I felt a light tap on my shoulder. I jumped a little and turned to see Michael.
"Michael…" I said, a smile forming on my face.
"Hey," he smiled back.
"What are you doing here?" I asked.
"Buying books. Talking to pretty…librarians?" he guessed. I laughed.
"I'm pretty sure there aren't any librarians here." I said, turning back to the shelf.
"And I'm pretty sure you know what I meant," he said with a smirk. I laughed again.
"Do you need help finding any books?" I asked, looking at him once more.
"Uh yea, I need a book on how to convince girls to date you." He said. I gave him a confused look.
"I highly doubt you have trouble getting girls to date you." I joked.
"I don't, but the girl I'm interested in doesn't date, I need to convince her to change her mind about that." He explained. I blushed.
"I can help with that book…but I wouldn't pressure the girl if I were you." I started walking to the section where there were books about dating and such. I grabbed a book and handed it to him. He smiled.
"Thanks, and no pressure," he winked at me and walked to the counter to buy his books. He came back over to me. "What are you doing after work?" he asked me.
"I haven't decided yet. I might hang out with Shawn." I mumbled.
"Or…you could hang out with me." He offered.
"Alright," I smiled.
"Want to see a movie?" he asked, following me over to my cart full of books.
"Sure, what do you want to see?" I asked.
"How about…Inglorious Basterds?" he looked hopeful.
"Oh definitely, I love Quentin Tarantino movies!" I sang happily.
"Sweet, do you want to meet at the theatre, or should I pick you up?" he asked, helping me put away some of the books.
"I can text you my address when I get off." I said. He grinned. I guess he was hoping I would want him to pick me up.
"Alright, I'll talk to you then." He hugged me quickly then left. I was in slight shock. I was also totally happy. I pulled my phone out and quickly texted Shawn, telling her I was going to the movies with Michael. Someone cleared their throat. I jumped and turned to see my boss. His name is Henry, and he's actually really nice.
"Texting?" he asked me. I blushed.
"Sorry, it was my mom." I lied quickly. He shrugged.
"it's not a big deal really. Just don't let the customers see. I don't want them to think we don't work hard." He laughed a little and winked. He's kind of…a dork. I faked a laugh to make him think he was funny. "Alright, well, continue with your work." He said, then walked away. I turned back to the bookshelf. I got off at five. When I got home I texted Michael my address. While I awaited his reply I changed into something more casual. I pulled on "tie-dyed" skinny jeans, a black racer back tank top, and black Converse. I slid a belt through my belt loops. I tied a flower necklace around my neck, put a cross bracelet on my wrist then went to do my hair and makeup. I straightened my hair to perfection, then put on makeup. I heard my phone vibrate. I grabbed it and smiled.
Almost there (:
I texted Michael back quickly.
Okay (:
To say I was excited was an understatement, even though it's not a date. I heard a honk. I grabbed my keys, money and phone then ran downstairs. I locked the door behind me then jogged to the passenger side of the big black Ford F150. I climbed in then buckled up.
"hey," I sang.
"Hey. So are you excited?" he asked.
"Yea, I've been wanting to see this movie for months! I saw a preview and it's been killing me that it took so long to come out!" I complained. He laughed.
"You like music, right?" he reached for the radio as I nodded. He turned the volume up and Jars by Chevelle came on. We both sang along to it. When we got to the movies he bought both tickets. He also bought us drinks, and popcorn. We grabbed a good seat and talked while we waited for the movie to start. I found out that he loves baseball, and got into the University of Miami on a scholarship. I also found out that he had a motorcycle. "So, I want to know all about you." He said, turning to me. I laughed a little.
"Well, I'm 17, my name is Sealy Mallory Andrews. I've lived in Miami all my life. I have a puppy named Kipper. Shawn has been my best friend since kindergarten. I've had three boyfriends, all of which were complete jerks, which is why I no longer date. I play the guitar. I have an '07 black Dodge Charger. I adore Converse. And my favorite bands are The Used and Blink 182." I told him.
He nodded, "You know…not all guys are jerks." He said.
"I know, but I don't want to take any chances." I whispered as the previews started. Our conversation dropped as we watched the screen. The movie was bloody, gory and fucking awesome! I loved it! Michael liked it too. We were talking about all the gory parts as we walked out to his truck. He drove back to my house. We were sitting in the driveway when he turned to me.
"Can I text you tonight?" he asked.
"of course." I smiled.
"Alright, I'll talk to you soon." He hugged me to him. I hugged back then got out. I waved goodbye and jogged up to my room. I collapsed on my bed. My phone vibrated ten minutes later. I pulled it out.
Hey (: What're you doing?
I texted back.
Hello(: I'm not doing anything, lol, are you home already?
I waited for his reply.
Yep, I live not too far from you. I have an apartment(=
I texted back again.
Very cool. You'll have to invite me over sometime!
He texted back a few moments later.
You should have come over tonight. But…I guess it's kind of late.
I bit my lip. I would have jumped at the opportunity if he had invited me over.
I would have come over(: So do you have anything planned for tomorrow?
He was quick when texting back.
Nope, why?
I chewed my lip again.
Just wondering. I thought that if you weren't too busy we could hang out?
I was totally nervous about asking that.
Yea we should! I'll pick you up in the morning, if that's okay.
I texted back quickly and excitedly.
Okay! Just let me know when your on your way! (:
I hoped I didn't sound to desperate.
Will do. You should probably go to bed now. I don't want you tired while we're hanging out.
He was right, I should go to bed.
Ha, alright. Goodnight (:
He wrote back.
Sweet dreams Sealy (:
I changed into pajamas and laid down. I fell asleep smiling
♠ ♠ ♠
chapter three. enjoy(:
-Lexi

copyright 2009 ; Hey Miss Lexi