Status: Active, I'll update as much as possible

Open Your Eyes, I'm Watching You

05

The next day I woke up to the sound of my alarm. I groaned loudly and forced myself out of bed. I wasn't looking forward to today. I had school and work…and I wasn't going to be seeing Michael. It sounded like such a tragedy when I thought about it. I took a shower, blow dried my hair, then straightened it. I grabbed an outfit from my dresser. It was a slightly oversized black tee with a zipper pocket on the left breast, very light wash skinny jeans, a black belt, and black flats. I grabbed a fake pearl necklace and tied it around my neck. I did my makeup then grabbed my black fringe tote. I grabbed my cell phone and trotted down to the kitchen. I ate a quick breakfast before skipping to my car. I put in Santi by The Academy Is… and blared it. I sang along to the songs as I drove to school. I parked in my normal spot. I looked at the white two door Mazda 6 that was parked next to me and smiled. I climbed out after turning my car off and went to the drivers side of the Mazda.
"Sup bitch?" Shawn asked, grinning at me through the open window.
"Just dreading school." I said, "Now get your ass outta the car." I said, opening her door. She rolled her eyes. She hit the button to make the windows got up then turned the car off. She grabbed her bag and swung it over her shoulder. She slammed her door shut.
"Why are you dreading school, my love?" she asked as we walked up to the big school.
"I think it might have something to do with the fact that Michael won't be here." I mumbled. She grinned.
"You really like him, don't you?" she asked.
"I barely know him." I said. She laughed.
"Since when does Sealy Andrews go to the movies and go mini golfing with someone she barely knows?" she asked, grinning cockily. I pushed her.
"Shut up. He's cool. But…I don't like him like that. He's just really fun to hang out with." I shrugged.
"Sure," she said, rolling her eyes.
"God you sound like my mom." I complained.
"He met your mom!?" she squealed.
"Yes, she was off when he brought me home. He stayed for dinner." I blushed while explaining.
"Oh you are so in love with him!" she yelped.
"No, Shawn, I'm not." I told her. She rolled her eyes again.
"Whatever, don't admit it." She said, opening her locker. I sighed and opened my locker. They were next to each other. I grabbed my notebook and slammed it shut. I turned to Shawn. "What are you doing after school?" she asked.
"Working." I grumbled.
"God you suck." She said, "Well, I'm going to come and harass you. Are there any cute guys who work there?" she asked.
"Not really." I shrugged.
"Hmm, well, I need a boyfriend. Help me find one." She whined.
"I bet Michael has some cute college friends." I said, wiggling my eyebrows.
"Oooh, I bet he does!" she sang. "Have him hook me up!" she grinned.
"Uh no, when you officially meet him you can ask him." I said. She rolled her eyes.
"I already met him." She smiled.
"I mean when you meet him sober." I told her. She laughed.
"Your such a prude," she said. I rolled my eyes. The first bell rang just as we got to our first period. We went in and sat down. All of my classes dragged on. I ended up doodling in almost every class. By the end of school I had seven pieces of paper filled with things about Michael. I was embarrassed…even though no one had seen them. I shoved them deep into my bag. Shawn and I walked out to our cars after school. "When does your shift start?" Shawn asked.
"Uh, thirty minutes?" I guessed. She nodded.
"Do you have to go home and change?" she asked, opening her car door.
"Yep." I sighed. She nodded.
"I'll follow you." She decided. I rolled my eyes.
"Okay," I got in my car and started my drive home. When we got there she followed me to my room. I changed into some looser fitting jeans, and a black v-neck. I grabbed a black sweater then jogged downstairs. Shawn was on my tail. I locked the front door behind us. "Fuck, I think I'm gonna be late." I complained. She laughed.
"Stop worrying so much." She said. I glared at her.
"I'll make sure to make you late to work when you get a job and see how you like it." I said, getting into my car. She laughed obnoxiously. She followed me to work and walked in with me. I ran to the backroom and grabbed my nametag. I walked back out being met by Henry.
"Hello Sealy," he smiled.
"Hey Henry." I smiled back.
"I have a cart of books by the history section for you to put away…and yes your friend can help you." He said. I blushed.
"Thanks. And sorry about her, she followed me." I told him. He laughed.
"It's not a big deal. Now hurry along." He said. I nodded and went over to the cart. Shawn skipped up to me.
"Your boss is totes nice." She told me, grinning.
"I know, he lets me get away with everything." I laughed. She helped me put some books away. A half hour later we were buying coffees drinks from the little café. My boss decided I could have a break.
"Hi," someone said from behind me. I turned around and my face broke out in a grin.
"Michael!" I sang happily. He hugged me. When he pulled away he looked at Shawn.
"Hi," she smiled, "I'm Shawn!" she said, shoving her hand out. He laughed and shook.
"We've already kind of met." He told her. She grinned.
"Right, but I was totally shit-faced." She said. He laughed again. They let go of each other's hands.
"I'm Michael." He said.
"Oh, I know." She smirked looking at me. I sent her a quick death glare, causing her to giggle.
"You on break?" he asked me.
"yep," I sang. He nodded.
"I decided to come visit you, in case work was too boring. Apparently it's not boring today though." He said, nodding towards Shawn…who was currently flirting with the guy behind the counter.
"Yea…she followed me here." I said, watching her.
"Vanilla frappuccino." A girl sang. I turned and grabbed it then thanked her. I turned back to Michael.
"Let's grab a table." I said. He followed me over to a three-seater table. Shawn joined us a few minutes later.
"So Michael, I hear your in college." Shawn said, smiling brightly.
"That I am," he said.
"Mhm, do you have any hot single friends?" she asked. He laughed.
"I have single friends…I don't think any of them are hot though." He said. She nodded.
"Can you introduce me to some of them?" she asked. He smiled.
"of course." He said.
"So, you planning on asking Sealy out?" Shawn asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I blushed.
"Shawn, don't you have homework to do?" I asked, narrowing my eyes. She laughed loudly.
"Yea, I do. I'll see you two later! Have fun!" she sang, jumping out of her seat. I shook my head and watched her leave.
"I have a question." Michael said.
"Shoot," I smiled.
"Okay, how does a nice shy girl like you end up friends with a loud party girl? No offense to her though, she's cool." He said.
"Oh well, we went to kindergarten together. One day she didn't have lunch so I shared with her and ever since then we've been best friends. I like hanging out with someone who's crazy. It's fun." I told him with a grin. He laughed.
"I have plenty of friends like that." He said.
"So, your not a crazy party boy?" I asked. He smiled.
"Sometimes…" he said, shrugging. I laughed. "When do you have to get back to work?" I checked my phone.
"Like…now." I groaned.
"Alright, then I guess I'll see you later." He said, standing up. I nodded and stood up too. We hugged tightly. I pulled back slowly. I was starting to like hugging him. "Bye," he said.
"Bye," I smiled. I watched him leave then went back to work. When it was finally time to go home I was glad. I got home to find myself alone…but that didn't surprise me. I took a hot shower then pulled on some pajamas. I went down to the kitchen and made myself some dinner. There was a note from my mom on the counter.
Hey Sealy, I had to go to work early, and I'll probably be working a little later then usual. Sorry if I don't see you before school tomorrow. I love you! <3 Mom I sighed a little. I hate that my mom works so late. I hardly ever get to see her anymore. It sucks. I ate dinner then went to my room. I watched a movie, did some homework, then decided it was time to go to sleep. The clock read 9:30. I sighed and snuggled up under my covers. My phone vibrated next to me, so I grabbed it. I had a new text message from Michael.
Sweet dreams Seal (:
I smiled widely and wrote back.
Night Mike (:
I went to sleep happily. It had been a pretty good day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope everyone liked it(:
And happy belated new year to everyone!

Copyright 2010 ; Hey Miss Lexi