Status: Finit.

Boys Will Be Boys

You'll Always Be Beautiful To Me.

I sit on my bed staring at my wall. I'm choosing to skip school today. There's no way I could go in looking like this and not get questioned. And I'm so not in the mood for questions. My father beats me. So fricken what? Telling people wasn't going to change anything. It would only make it worse. So I'm going to stay home until my gashes scab over and my bruises aren't such a dark shade of purple.

I get up and limp my way over to the bathroom. I'm in desperate need of a shower. But my gracious did he eff me up real bad. I can't even see straight. But I manage. I grunt, twist and turn trying to pull off my clothes. Once they're off, I bend to turn on the shower water. I think my father came very close to cracking a rib. I hop in the shower and let the hot water stream down my naked body. Other than being with Afton, nothing has ever felt so good.

After trying really hard to cleanse my body and succeeding, I dry myself off. Wrapping myself in the towel, I limp the whole way back to my bedroom. Man, walking never hurt so bad. I fall onto my bed and instantly regret it. It only makes my back hurt more. I finally a comfortable position and let my muscles relax as much as I can. That's not too much since my muscles are naturally tense after a beating. A few minutes and a couple of Motrin later, I've slipped back into the darkness they call sleep.

-Dream/Flashback-

"Raegan, darling. Slow down." My mother said while laughing. Of course I didn't listen, I was determine to out run the dog.
"Honey, if you don't slow down, you're going to fall!" She yelled after me. Still, I didn't listen. I kept running, barely keeping up with my dog, Majik.
Suddenly, as I looked behind me, my mother's expression changed to one that held fear. "Raegan! Watch out."

But it was far too late. As I turned to look ahead of me, I slammed into a tree. It knocked my little four year old body to the ground. Of course my first reaction was to cry. And I did, very loudly at that. I could feel the scrapes on my face and hands. They weren't big enough to leave scars behind, but they hurt.

"Mommy!" I screamed.
She was by my side in a flash. "Darling. Raegan, are you okay?"
"Th-tha-that tr-tree hurt m-me."
She giggled and pulled me close, rocking my body with hers. "Oh, you silly little thing. Next time you listen to momma when she tells you to slow down, okay?"
I nodded my little head and hugged her tight. "I love you, momma."
"I love you too, baby."


My body jolts awake. It causes pain to shoot through me for a brief second. I haven't had a dream about her since I was ten. I kind of forced myself to forget she was ever here. I look down at myself and notice I'm coated in sweat and sticking to my sheets. I get up and throw on a pair of boxers, then I very slowly make my way downstairs. I go to get something to drink just as the door bell rings. I freeze.

Who would be coming here this time of day?

Afton

Here I am. I'm standing outside of Raegan's house looking like an idiot. Well, at least that's just the way I feel. I've already rung the door bell and now I'm waiting patiently for the door to open. I'm scared. What if he's hurt real bad? What if he can't move? I need to get to him now!

I ring the door bell again, hoping someone will answer. I need to see him. I need to know that he's alive. He may not be well and I want to help him. Inside my brain, I chant. Please be home.....Please be home.....Please, please, please answer the door.

About ten minutes later, when I've gone half out of my mind with worry, the door swings open. The sight before my eyes scares me. It's Raegan. His eyes are swollen, he has bruises covering him from chest to thigh. His lips and nose are also swollen. Instantly my gut tightens with anger. His father is dead.

Raegan's eyes widen at the sight of me. "Oh, no, Afton." He says and begins to close the door in my face. But I won't let him.
I catch it swiftly with my hand and push my way into his house. "Raegan, please don't shut me out again. Let me help you. I don't want to see you hurt like this. Give me a chance and I'll show you that I'm different. You never ever have to be afraid of me."

He nods and limps his way to me, closing the distance between us. I bring my arms around him, uneasily aware of his tender body. So I try my best not bring him anymore pain. As I look at him, I notice that even in his battered state, he's still the beautiful boy that he was two days ago. He sobs into my chest, gripping my shirt with all the strength he has. Even as broken as he may be, I still love him. Nothing can change that for me.

"Raegan," I whisper, my cheek resting atop his head. I know he probably won't care to hear this, but I want him to know. "Remember when I told you that you were beautiful the other day?"
He slowly nods his head, still sobbing. He manages to peek at me through his hair. "I want you to know that you still are. You're a beautiful boy, Raegan. And no matter what, you'll always be that way to me."
♠ ♠ ♠
Awh.

I want someone to be my hero.

And no, Raegan's dad is not really dead. Afton just really wants to kill him.