Status: Finit.

Boys Will Be Boys

808's And Heartbreaks.

“Are you sure that it’s okay?”
He grasps my head between his warm hands. “Yes, I’m sure. So will you stay?”
I smile widely at him. “Yes. I’ll stay.”
“Okay!” He yells, sitting us up properly. “You call your dad and I’ll call mine. Then I’ll order some pizza for us. He’s got a huge grin on his face.
“Calm down. It’s just me spending the night.”
“I know. “ He says, still grinning widely. “This is me being excited!” He kisses my cheek and runs out of the door screaming, “RAEGAN’S SPENDING THE NIGHT! RAEGAN’S SPENDING THE NIGHT!”

I laugh. But then I suddenly stop. I still have to call my father. Hopefully he's not drunk. Oh, gosh. Just imagine what he would think. Ever since my mother left him, he's taken unnecessary liking to the booze. I wish she hadn't left. He thinks it's my fault, but it's not. She left because of him. It was his fault. But that still doesn't stop him from blaming me. I'm, as he says, the little sorry behind faggot he has to call a son. He doesn't call me son. He barely considers me a human being, let alone his son.

I grab my phone, open it and scroll through the contacts. I finally come across the one that makes shivers run down my spine. Daddy - 252.731.8990. I take a deep breath and press send. I'm greeted by the sound of it ringing. My dad answers on the third ring.

"Hello?" His husky voice rings in my ear.
"D-dad?"
"Raegan?"
"Yeah. Uhm, I was w-wandering if I-I could stay at my f-fr-friends house tonight?"
"Is this a boy's house, Raegan." He's been drinking. Oh, no.
"Ye-yes. His name is Afton."
"Does he know you're a faggot? Do you think he'd like it if he knew?"
"Dad, please. Have you been drinking?"
"It's none of your concern what I do. You hear me?" I don't answer him. I can't because of the tears running down my face. " And yeah, go ahead and stay the night at your little boyfriend's house. Maybe he'll give you what you want. After all, you do like it up the backside, don't you, Raegan?" His words stab at my heart.
"You're a worthless faggot, Raegan. Too bad your momma isn't hear to help you. I'd beat her to a pulp for leaving me with you. I don't even know why I'm wasting my breath!" Then I'm greeted with the click of the phone, signaling he's hung up.

I drop to my knees in the middle of Afton's floor. Why does it have to be me? Why can't he at least try to love me? I've never disobeyed, I always did what I was told. I never talked back. I never cried in front of him. I stood tall, taller than tall. And most importantly, I never spoke a word of his beatings. I took them like a man. I never told him to stop, never even spoke up. I took the hits, the kicks, everything he had to give. And the beatings just get worse everyday. But do I say anything? No. Maybe I really am worthless?

D'you think Afton would still want to be with me if he knew?

Afton

I walk up the stairs and head to my room. My dad said it was okay for Raegan to stay over and the pizza should be here in thirty minutes. As I near my door, I hear sniffling. The first thing that runs through my mind is Raegan, I run to my door and see him curled up in a ball on the floor.

"Raegan, baby. What's wrong?"
"N-n-nothing." He stutters through tears.
"Oh, baby." I take him within my arms and cuddle him to me. "Was it your dad?"
He nods and snuggles his head into my chest. "He....he....he..."
"Shhh, baby. We can talk about it later if you want. But for right now, just shh. Relax. I'm here. Shhh." I stroke his back and begin rocking in an attempt to comfort him. His sobs get a little louder before the start to die down.

Ten minutes later, Raegan looks up at me with a tear stained face. How could someone ever hurt this beautiful creature? Especially his own father? I would never dream of hurting him. He's too beautiful. Too innocent. How could you hurt such a beauty? A sweet, loving, caring, young boy.

I stroke his cheeks, wiping away tears in the process. "You're so beautiful. Did you know that?"
"I'm not beautiful. I'm a worthless faggot, just like my father said."
"What?!" I ask. No. Not my Raegan. "Oh, baby, no! Don't say that! You are beautiful.... so beautiful..." I trail off and kiss his forehead.
He looks at me with dark gray eyes. "Do you really thank so?"
"Yes, I do. I don't want you to ever think different. Okay?"

He nestles into my chest and I pet his hair. A few seconds later, four words fall from his perfect lips and shatter my heart. "Afton," he begins, "he beats me."
♠ ♠ ♠
I think this is the saddest thing I've ever written.
I actually cried.
What do you guys think?
Is it too sappy?