Don't Let Them Grind You Down

Temptation heat beats like a drum

Gerard P.O.V

I finally understood. I finally understood what had been up with Frank, this poor innocent boy had been living in a private hell.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Frank fall. Rushing over to him I shook him.

"Shit!...Frank?" No answer

Shaking him once again I watched his bruised face wince as he let he eyelids flutter open.

"Gee?"

"Oh God...Come On Frankie, I need to get you to Ray's so I can clean you up. I whispered softly in his ear. He groaned slighly as I left his side.

I picked up the rest of his things then managed to pick him up.

"Come on Frank, you're gunna be okay."

"I'm sorry Gee" I heard him say as he buried his face in my chest

"I didn't mean to get you involved" he sighed sadly

Looking deep into his eyes I almost cried. Frank was broken, he had given up, his eye's where filled with sorrow.

"Shhh, Don't you dare Frankie, this is not your fault okay?"

He sobbed into my T shirt and I decided the faster we get to Ray's, the better.

I kicked Jeff's disgusting form as we left.

The journey to Ray's was one of the worst of my life for two reasons; one was that people kept staring at us, and we didn't need attention. Secondly Frank's eye's slid closed half way there and no matter hwat I did I couldn't wake him up.

Pulling out my cell, I thought of calling 911, but remembering my promise to Frank I decided to call Ray instead, let him know we where coming.

It rang twice before he answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Ray, It's Gerard."

"Yeah, I know. So what's up?"

"Dude who's in your house right now?"

"Uuuh me, myself and Ray"

"Good, mind if me and Frank come over?"

"Since when did you start asking?" laughed Ray

"Ray, something bad has happened something really bad and I don't know what to do..."

"What's happened? Are you alright? What about Frank?"

"I'm fine, Frank's hurt though"

"What? Why, what happened???"

"I can see your house, I'll explain when I get there.

As soon as I knocked on Ray's door, it flung open, revealing a very worried Ray. He glanced down at Frankie's beaten form and quickly took the bags off me and led me inside.

We wen't upstairs to the spare room and I lay Frank on the bed.

"Now what the hell happened?" asked Ray closing the door and pulling up two chairs.