Sequel: You're The Only One

Don't Hold Your Breath

A Beautiful Lie.

So, it's been about six weeks and things are kinda back to normal. I'm still not to trusting with Jon, but Kaela gets mad whenever I say anything, so I keep my mouth shut. But, I gotta say, he's been majorly kissing her ass since the incident, so I guess I won't be kicking his ass anytime soon.

The only thing that isn't normal is Brendon. He's been acting so weird lately. It's almost like he's not himself. Normally he's happy, bubbly, overly excited, affectionate, and just plain... Brendon. But lately he's been quiet, removed, and just not himself. And not to mention I hardly ever see him any more. 

Like now. I'm sitting in my new room, doing nothing while Karen is at work. Normally this is time spent with Brendon. 

He said he was spending time with his mother. 

He's been doing that a lot lately. 

What is this? The third time this week?  

I know that boy's a mamas boy, but this is just ridiculous. 

Now, a paranoid, obsessive, not trusting boyfriend would assume he's cheating. 

But I know better then that. I know Brendon, that's just not something he'd do. It's just not. Right?

My thoughts were interrupted by a soft knock on my door. 

"Come in....?" I called; it sounded more like a question. 

The door opened, revealing the face I've been missing all day. I smiled and got up off my bed. 

"Hey." I said slinging my arms around his shoulders. 

He winced when I did so. I gave him a questioning look. 

"I fell, and hurt my shoulder." He answered almost solemnly. 

My look turned sympathetic, and I pulled him in for a small hug mumbling the words "I'm sorry." in his ear. I gave him a kiss on the temple, then again on his jaw, and that's when I noticed a huge bruise starting on his neck then disappearing under his shirt. I stopped and pulled the collar of his shirt to the side, revealing that the bruise stretched all the way across his shoulder. I looked up at him, shock apparent on my face. 

"Bren-"

"When I fell, I fell on a rock. That's all. Don't worry about it." He mumbled. 

Fell on a rock? That doesn't even make sense. But I didn't question it. I just sighed and grabbed his hand, pulling him over to my bed. 

I sat him down and sat next to him. He looked emotionless. 

"Brendon, what's wrong? Seriously?" I asked him. Today he was even worse then before. 

"It's nothing. Really." He forced a smile.

I sighed again, and decided not to push it. If it was that important he'd tell me right?

"Okay. I believe you." Sort of. 

He forced another smile, and I leaned in to kiss him on the lips. This time I didn't pull away. At least not until I felt something wet hit my cheek. I pulled away and saw that he was crying. When I did so he let out a small sob. 

What was happening to my Brendon?

"Brendon, please tell me what's going on." I begged. 

He sniffed and mumbled something under his breath that sounded like "I can't do this." 

I looked at him expectantly waiting for further explanation. 

"I have to-" He cut off. "I mean, I am... B-breaking up wi-with y-you." He choked out through his tears.  

I didn't move. Those words... They didn't register in my head. 

"W-what?" 

"You heard me. I'm breaking up with you." He mumbled again. 

My mind wasn't working correctly. I felt confused, hurt, but also in too much shock for my mind to process this. 

"B-But W-w-why?" I finally spit out.

"I-I can't-" He cut himself off again. "You're too much. I can't stand you anymore. I don't love you. I need to get away from you. You've brought nothing but misery into my life. You're the reason my dad left. You're the reason my mom is unhappy. The reason I'm unhappy." He sounded so frustrated and miserable when he spoke through the tears and the sobs. 

With this, he ran out of the room leaving me there stunned, confused, shocked, and hurt. 

It took me a couple minutes to break down crying. 

He was right. Everything was because of me. It's all my fault.

He lied. He told me he loved me. He told me he'd always be there for me. He told me everything would be okay. He lied. 

I'm in love with a fucking liar. 

The only thing is, I don't understand. Things were perfectly fine until about a week ago. That's when he started acting weird. What brought this on? 

Although I guess it's not worth trying to fix now. He's gone. Not only is he gone, but the love of my life hates me.

More tears fell down my face. It got to the point where I started hyperventilating. I was freaking out. What am I going to do now that he's gone? He was my everything! He was my only reason for living. I- I need him and he's gone. What am I going to do?            
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN DUN DUN (sort of)

Okay, so before you freak out and stab me with a spork, I want you to look at what Brendon said, then look at the title.

Also. Brendon wasn't cheating.

I hope you're all still very confused. ;)

don't worry, things will be cleared up in the next chapter. Hopefully...