Status: completed.

Losing Touch

seven

Five days later and I was weak as fuck. I was back to just lying there and barely speaking from all the chemo. John and Kennedy were so worried about me seeming so sick. But thankfully Olivia had been able to explain that this is normal and I’d be feeling better in about a week.

And today I was getting out of the hospital for my break. But I’d be back in two week for surgery, which would take about another two weeks for me to recover from.

“Okay, you’re signed out!” Olivia announced. I nodded slightly as John and Kennedy got up to help me. I rolled my eyes.

“It’s time to go, so put all your clothes on.” John sang, which caused me to chuckle lightly.

We all slowly made our way out of the godforsaken hospital and ended up out in the roundabout where Olivia’s car was waiting, along with Kennedy’s car shortly behind. I climbed in the passenger seat of Liv’s car while John got into Kennedy’s.

Before we drove away, I saw John watch me with worried eyes. I gave him a weak smile as I leaned the passenger seat back and relaxed on the drive back.

“John’s like a freakin’ puppy.” Olivia remarked. “But it’s pretty damn adorable. You can tell he cares about you so much. He loves you. He’d do anything for you. My boyfriend seems like a goober compared to John.”

I laughed. “You know Eric means well.”

“I know, but he needs to step it up! Okay, I’m actually kidding. He does everything for me. Ugh, I love him but sometimes he’s just so… dumb.” She said. The rest of the car ride was spent analyzing Halvo’s boyfriend abilities. He passed, which is probably a good thing considering he was at the house.

“Home! And you’re staying here for the next two and a half months! Minus the surgery.” Olivia said excited as she opened the car door for me. “Okay, I’m gonna let loverboy help you in.” John glared at her as he walked up to help me.

“Thanks John.” I said with a smile.

“No problem love.” He said as he led me up the driveway and to the front door which Olivia had opened for us. He led me to my room, which was the biggest and helped me lay down. “Comfy?”

I nodded. “Good.” He said and laid down next to me with his arms wrapped around me loosely.

“I love you.”

“I love you too.” I heard as I fell asleep.

John

Quickly, she fell asleep. So I very quietly and stealthily got up and walked out of the room.

I walked out in the living room where everyone else was and I flopped onto the couch next to Eric.

“She asleep?” Olivia asked.

“Yeah. It sucks seeing her so weak and tired. It fucking kills me.” I said honestly. I looked over at Kennedy; he just gave me a look of understanding. It is his baby sister; he’d do anything to protect her.

I just felt so bad for him. Yes, I was her husband and I loved her more than anyone else; but this was his sister. He had known her his whole life basically. He has obviously known her longer than I have, and now he has to watch her go through all of this. And for once, he can’t do anything to make it better.

Just like I can’t. We all just have to sit back and hope to God that all of this medicine and surgery rids all of the cancer from her body. I sighed, and ran my hand through my hair as I looked around the room.

Morgan was with Kennedy and Halvo was with Olivia. Just like it’s always been. But I was alone right now. I’m just so afraid that the future will look like this. Me alone while everyone else has their girlfriend or boyfriend. I looked back over at Morgan, and she smiled at me.

I smiled back and then Liv turned on the TV.

“Sooooooo…” Halvo said.

I laughed. “What, you dumbass?”

“Don’t call my boyfriend a dumbass! I’m the only one that can call him that!” Liv interjected.

“Yeah! She’s the only one who can - wait! Who said you can call me a dumbass!?”

We all laughed at Eric’s stupidity. “I did.” Liv said obviously.

“Okay then.” Halvo said and gave her a kiss on the cheek. I shook my head at how dysfunctional they were, but they were still so good for each other.

“How come you guys are throwing a party without me?” Zoe said meekly as she walked out. I immediately stood up and helped her to the couch. I sat down next to her, and took her hand as she laid her head on my shoulders, just like old times.

“When are the rest of the gu-” I was interrupted by a few knocks on the door.

“OPEN IT BASTARDS!” I heard Garrett yell. I shook my head.

“Coming! Damn!” I said as I got up and opened the door.

And then in came Garrett, Nina (his girlfriend), Jared, and Pat came in the house.

“Zoe!!” Pat exclaimed as he walked in. She smiled as big as she could, and the four new guests gathered around her and they all started catching up.

Even more just like old times.
♠ ♠ ♠
First: 23 comments 168 readers 51 subscribers YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING, THANK YOU. (And thank you everyone that left a comment about/mentioning my dad, it's not your fault whatsoever, but thanks. It's still really rough for me.)

I hate school. And I just went back today. And I had SO much homework. -_- Took me like... two and a half hours to complete it. Talk about make me angry. :| So, this is the result: a shitty filler but explains the fear that John has.

Well, all of the gang is gathered! Now what shenanigans can they get into? That sounded HORRIBLY cheesy...

- Rach (:

PS: WE HAVE A NEW GIRLFRIEND INTRODUCED IN THIS CHAPTER!! Say hola to Nina aka Lovergirl101 .... okay I'm done :D

PPS: Anyone wanna be Pat and Jared's girlfriends? It's depressing with them not having girlfriends... THEY NEED TO BE ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY. Oh gosh... this is what school does to me... help me (;

PPSS: Listen to All I Need by View From An Airplane, Do You Feel by The Rocket Summer, Come Back Down by Ivory (or John's cover), The Weight by John Ohhh, and We'll All Be... by The Maine for the basic inspiration songs behind this story. (Well, they help me write, hahah)