Snow White and the Sevenfold

Chapter 1

I sat at my computer letting the tears roll down my face. I touched the face in the photo on the screen remembering the day it was taken.

Flashback

I knew he wasn’t far behind me I could hear him getting closer. I tried to run faster, but I was getting out of breath. We had been at the bar celebrating and having fun when I decide to liven things up a bit. I dangled the box in front of him and every time he tried to grab it I would snatch it away. He laughed so hard, I loved to hear him laugh and more importantly, I loved to make him laugh.

“You want this?” I asked dangling the box in front of him again.

“Give it to me” he said trying to be serious, but he failed.

“Come and get it!” I yelled and ran away from him.

I ran out of the bar and down the pier as fast as I could with him following behind. I could hear him laughing behind me as he ran after me. When he finally caught up to me, he grabbed me around the waist.

“Gotcha!” he laughed

“Really now? And now that you’ve got me, what ever will you do with me?” I said in a mocked coy voice.

He was out of breath and between panting said “If you don’t give me that box, I am going to tickle it out of you!”

“Don’t you dare!” I warned

“oh oh, I feel my fingers getting itchy…here they go!” before I could protest I was being tickled unmercifully.

“Stop! Please! I’ll give you the box” I shouted though my laugher and he stopped ticking me and turned me around to face him. He held out his hand and waited.

I pulled the box out of my pocket and placed it in his hand.

“Thanks!” he said and put the box in his pocket

“What the fuck? You have to open it, retard!” I said.

“Oh, you mean you didn’t get me a box?” he laughed making me laugh right along with him. He took the box out of his pocket and unwrapped it.

“It’s beautiful!” he said looking at me with a goofy smile.

“Open it or I’ll take it back!” I warned.

He laughed and proceeded to open the box and when he looked inside his face went from happy to confused.

“It’s a piece of paper” he said

“Yeah, open the paper and look at it.”

He took the piece of paper out of the box and unfolded it. On the paper was a heart drawn in crayons and colored in every color imaginable.

“It’s my heart. I didn’t know what to get you for your birthday, so I’m giving you my heart. I filled it with all of the colors in the crayon box because you make me see things in so many colors and it was the only way I could think to express how I felt. I love you.”

I watched him and waited for a response. He didn’t say anything; instead he put the paper back in the box and put it in his pocket. He wouldn’t even look at me.

“It’s stupid, just forget it.” I said and turned to walk back to the bar.

He grabbed me and turned me back to face him. It was only then that I could see why he wouldn’t look at me. His eyes were filled with water.

“This is the best present anyone has every given me and I truly mean that. I love you too”

I hugged him tightly and when I tried to move back he pulled me in to him and wouldn’t let me go. “I’ll never let you take this back you know” he said

“I don’t want it back” I smiled and he kissed me softly.

“Happy Birthday Zacky” I smiled.

“Thank You, I’ll race you back to the bar” he said with a devilish smile.

“ok, but if I win, I get a lap dance!” I said

“Ok, and If I win I get a lap dance! Now, on the count of 7 we run ok?” he said

“Ok” I said and waited for him to start counting.

“1…2…7!” and he took of running!

“Hey you cheated!” I shouted running after him. I could hear him laughing in the distance. This was the happiest night of my life. The night we said “I love you” for the first time.


I felt someone watching me and I turned my gaze to the door to see Zacky standing there.
I wiped the tears from my eyes when I saw him looking at me.

“What’s your problem?” he asked

Instead of responding, I got up and walked passed him to the staircase that led to my bedroom.

Zacky walked over to the computer to see what it was that had me in tears. When he saw the picture on the screen. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of paper. He opened it and looked down at the heart in the middle. After shaking his head he put the paper back in his pocket and walked down the hall to the studio.

Now you are probably wondering how a night like the one I just recounted for you could make me cry like that and you are probably wondering how Zacky could speak to me that way too. Well, I’ll get to that in the next few chapters.