Snow White and the Sevenfold

Chapter 7

The following morning, I walked down the stairs hand in hand with Snow. We weren’t even official a full day yet, but I couldn’t get enough of her. It was around 10am and it seemed pretty quiet in the house for that time of day, but then again we did go to be early. As we reached the bottom step, Whitney was standing in the doorway of the living room pulling her shirt down over her stomach. Her eyeliner was smudged and she had “just been fucked” hair. When she saw the two of us, she made no further attempt to fix herself; she just walked past us and out the door.

We walked into the living room just in time to see Matt and Brian waking up. Matt had started to sit up on the couch and Brian was getting up from the floor. Both looked like they had hangovers from hell. “You could have at least got rid of the condoms,” I nodded towards the discarded latex that sat in the middle of the living room floor as we passed them on our way to the kitchen. I could hear them laughing as we walked through the swinging door. “So, what would you like for breakfast?” I asked Snow as she sat down at the table. “Coffee,” she said running her hands over her face. “Just coffee?”

“Yeah, I’m not hungry yet.”

“Ok,” I shrugged and walked over to the coffee pot to get her a cup. “We have a photo shoot this afternoon, so you’ll probably be hanging with the Berry brothers for most of the afternoon until we’re done.” She nodded as I set the cup down in front of her. “I think Shadows has some stuff for you to do today also. Get ready to get busy, our new album is coming out soon so things should get crazy quick.”

We hadn’t spoke like this before. Granted she was our assistant, I had never talked business with her. It was kind of different being her boss than it was when I was being her boyfriend. “So, what’s it called?”

“The album?” I asked.

“Yeah,” she nodded. “Well, it’s self titled. Avenged Sevenfold.”

“Kinda boring.”

“Not really if you knew why we did it, but enough about that. I want to hang with my girl before work starts and I don’t want to talk shop.” Snow laughed when I sat down next to her and nudged her with my elbow. Not long after I sat down Jimmy and Johnny came into the kitchen.

Johnny walked over to the coffee pot like a zombie clearly half asleep still. “Hey bring me a cup too,” Jimmy yelled out and sat down at the table. “So, Snow, how do you like California so far?” he asked.

She shrugged. “I don’t know. Other than this house and the airport, I really haven’t seen California yet to know if I like it.”

“What the fuck, dude, take the girl out!” Johnny said to me as he set two cups of coffee down on the table. “Yeah, she’s not your prisoner!” Jimmy added.

“Ok ok, Geeze. I hadn’t thought about taking her anywhere until she was acclimated with the house and her job. Relax.” I turned to face Snow and she was looking at me with tired eyes. “I promise after the shoot today I will take you out and show you around.”

“mmm hmm, he means show you off.” Jimmy said and snow laughed.

Matt and Brian had finally decided to join us in the kitchen. “That girl could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.” Brian was saying to Matt who laughed in response and I knew they were talking about Whitney. I just wish they didn’t do it in front of Snow. “I’m going to go take a shower.” Snow told me and stood from her chair. “Want to come with me?” I didn’t have to respond. I stood up and took the hand that she extended to me knowing that Matt and Brian were watching jealously as I left the kitchen with her.

Some time later…..

I sat in the chair anxious while Whitney did my make up and hair. She seemed to be taking a hell of a lot longer on me than she did with everyone else and I knew it was just to piss of Snow.

Matt had Snow running errands with Jason and Matt Berry. The release party was coming in a few days and everything had to be perfect. We all knew how anal Matt could be, but Snow was only getting just a small taste of that. I’d had enough of Whitney’s paws on me and her not so subtle way of bending over in front of me so I could see down her shirt. I stood up out of the chair and brushed past her and she shouted after me. “I’m not finished with you yet.”

“Well, I am finished with you.” I didn’t even look back at her to know that she understood what I meant. After joining the other guys in the photo studio, we had all of our group shots taken and then the solo ones. We were just finishing up when Snow came back with Matt and Jason. Conveniently, as they were walking in the door Whitney just happened to smack into Snow and spilled a full glass of what looked like tomato juice on her shirt.

“Way to go Titney,” Jason said sarcastically. “It’s Whitney, you moron,” she replied.

“You did this on purpose,” Snow said with a glare that could have killed. “It was an accident,” Whitney replied trying to look desperate, but I saw right through her. I stepped right off the set and took off my shirt and gave it Snow. “Thanks,” she said as she took it from me. Just for pure spite, Snow took off her shirt right then and there and put on the one I gave her. “Mine are real,” she said looking right at Whitney as she leaned into my chest.

Jason and Matt stood there laughing at Whitney and the shocked expression on her face. While Shadows and Brian were standing there with their mouths hanging open. “Ready to go, baby?”

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” she smiled. I took Snow by the hand and walked her out of the studio to my car. When we got inside I looked at her and wondered what she was thinking. “Can you reach into the back seat, I think I have a shirt in there.”

She nodded and reached back to get me a shirt and I put it on before pulling out of the parking space. I took Snow to the pier ad we walked along hand in hand taking in the sun as it set along the beach.

“So, tell me something about you,” I said as I swung her hand in mine.

“Like what?” she asked.

“I don’t know, like why did your father send you all the way from New York to work here when he could have found us someone local? I’m not complaining, just curious.”

She sighed and sat down on a bench on the pier. “I got in some trouble back home and my father didn’t want to deal with it anymore.”

“What kind of trouble?”

“I got arrested for public intoxication and that was the last straw for my parents. They told me I had to get a job and start supporting myself and when I refused to look for one, my father sent me here. If I get into trouble out here, I’ll be disowned and completely cut off for good.”

“Harsh.”

“Yeah,” she nodded. “I wasn’t exactly a goodie two shoes and it wasn’t the first time I was arrested either.”

“So, you’re a little trouble maker, huh.” I teased her and she laughed slightly.

“ I suppose.”

“Well, would the trouble maker like some ice cream?”

“She would love some!” Snow stood up and I took her hand and led her over to an ice cream stand on the pier. She got vanilla soft serve with rainbow sprinkles and I got chocolate with chocolate sprinkles.

We continued to walk along the pier back to where my car was parked and Snow decided it was her turn to ask the questions. “What’s the deal with Whitney?” She asked.

“Well, as you already know, She’s our stylist. That’s how we met. We hired her about three years ago and about six months after she was hired we started dating. It got heavy pretty quick and we were inseparable for nearly two years.”

“What happened?” Snow wiped her mouth with her napkin and put her other hand in mine.

“Six months ago, she cheated. As you have also seen, Whitney has no shame when it comes to sex.”

I opened the passenger side door for her and shut it when she got inside. When I got in the driver’s seat she was quick with another thought. “Well, I can understand why you dumped her, but I don’t get why you didn’t fire her.”

I leaned my head back against the seat and looked up at the sky through the windshield. “It wasn’t my decision to make. I couldn’t fire her because our relationship didn’t work out because Whitney is smart enough to sue for sexual harassment. So, I really cant fire her unless she fucks up something job related.”

“That makes sense, I guess,” she nodded.

“Don’t worry about her.” I winked and started the car. “Ok,” she sighed and I drove off in the direction of the house. When we got home everyone else was already there looking at proofs from the photo shoot. Snow sat down on the couch and rested her head on Jimmy’s shoulder while I went into the kitchen to grab a beer.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” Whitney was standing at the counter putting on lipstick like she lived here. Fuck my life.