Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 15.

I was stood in front of Brendon’s house, having just rung the door bell. The rest of the guys were there and so was Harriet, so I’d get to see all my best friends. Ryan was there too, but he hadn’t said a thing.
The door swung open and there stood Brendon. He had a big smile on, which diminished when he saw me.
“Can I help you…?”
“Nice to see you too, bastard.”
His mouth dropped. “Em?”
“The one and only.”
“No way! Fuck, you’re gorgeous!” he chimed and pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and smiled. He let go after a while and chuckled. “Give me a twirl.”
I did as I said and he continued laughing.
“What are those?” he asked, pointing to my chest. “And what is that?” he pointed to my butt.
“Curves, Bren.”
“You guys, come see Emma, she’s got boobs!”
I laughed. “Thanks Brendon, thanks.”
They rushed in and all of their mouths dropped, except Ryan’s, but he still smiled widely.
“Shit, you scrub up good Em!” said Spencer, giving me a hug. “You look amazing.”
“Thanks, Spence.”
I let go and gave Brent a quick hug, and then Harriet one.
“You look stunning.” nodded Harry, smiling. “I’m super jealous.”
“Can we move away from the hall way and stop gawping at me please?”
“Uh, sure, come on!” ushered Brendon and we all sat in the living room. His mom walked in and gasped. I have a feeling this would be happening a lot once I got back to school.
“Emma?”
“That would be me.” I smiled.
“Wow, you look very pretty.” she nodded and walked into the back yard.
I sat next to Ryan and he put an arm around my shoulders out of habit. Brent raised an eyebrow but dismissed the thought after a few seconds.
“So how was Italy?”
“Ah-mazing.” smiled Ryan. “Easily the best summer of my life. Her grandparents are freaking millionaires, so we slept in this kick ass mansion. And there was this skate-off thing and Ezme kicked their asses.” he laughed.
“Yeah.” I smiled, remembering. “And obviously I got a make-over… my mom actually likes me now and we got some mean tans. How was warped?”
“From what I can remember, it was amazing.” laughed Brendon.
“You must have been high at least 50% of the time.” said Harry, smiling but obviously a little bit annoyed.
“Mmm. I’m sorry babe, if you didn’t want me to, you should’ve said.”
“It’s fine.” she shrugged.
“Oh, and thank you guys so much for the tickets!” I beamed.
They all said: “No problem.”
“Something else pretty crucial happened too.” said Ryan, scratching the back of his neck.
“Oh yeah?” asked Spencer, intrigued.
“I’ll give you two guesses.” he smiled.
“You… got laid?”
He laughed. “Kinda, but that’s not the crucial part.”
I blushed and hid my face. I can’t believe he’d just confessed that he’d had sex, now they’ll all know about me too. Fuck.
“Em, you okay?” asked Brendon.
“Yeah yeah, I’m fine.”
“Okay.” he smiled. “So I’m guessing you got a girlfriend, Ry?”
“Ding ding ding, we have a winner.”
“Who?”
I covered my face and Ryan pointed at me, chuckling and pulling me into a side hug.
“Well you were certainly busy this summer, Em.” smirked Brendon.
I hit Ryan’s arm hard. “You didn’t have to agree to the getting laid part, Ry!”
He smiled and kissed my lips once. “You loved it.”
I blushed an even deeper shade of red and it suddenly went quiet. I looked up and saw that Brendon and Harry had gone.
“Where did they go?”
“Bdon ran away when Ryan kissed you and Harriet followed him.” shrugged Brent. “And now that you two are dating, don’t do a Brendon and ignore us for weeks on end because you’re too caught up in your own relationship.”
“We won’t.” I smiled and cuddled into Ryan. “I promise. Otherwise you can punch me.”
“You’re too pretty to punch.” laughed Brent. “You really do look great.”
“Thanks, Brent. Ahh, I missed you guys.”
Ryan kissed my forehead and let go of me, getting up. “I’m gonna see Bdon, make sure he’s okay.”
I nodded and he went up the stairs to find him. Harriet walked in and sat next to me, sighing. “He won’t tell me what’s wrong. Did I do something to upset him?”
“Not that I noticed.” I said, shaking my head.
She bit her lip nervously and Brent disappeared to go get a soda.
Spencer edged closer. “I’m sure it’s nothing Harry, he gets like this sometimes, don’t worry.”
“Okay, thanks.” she smiled.
We sat there awkwardly for quite a while, so I turned on the TV and saw that Nightmare At The Museum was on, so I put that on and we sat comfortably, watching it. Ryan didn’t come down until it was nearly over, and Brendon didn’t come down at all.
He looked at me and smiled half-heartedly. “Em, you’re his best friend, maybe you should see him.”
“Okay.” I said, kissing his cheek and running up the stairs. I tapped on the door lightly. “Bren? It’s me.”
The door opened slowly and I walked in. He was sat on the bed, with red puffy eyes from crying. I sat down next to him and put a hand on his knee. “One of those days?” I asked.
He nodded and I pulled him into a tight hug.
Brendon was bi-polar, and sometimes certain things triggered his emotions. I was the only one who knew this, it was like his version of PMS.
I rubbed his back and made soothing noises. “Hey, it’s okay. Let it all out.”
He sniffed and wiped his eyes, then quickly pushed me away.
“Just get out.” he mumbled.
What? What the hell had I done?
“Bren, what did I do?”
He mumbled something.
“I didn’t quite catch that, sorry.”
“Get the fuck out, you back stabbing bitch!” he screamed at me, anger burning in his eyes. “You’re still here!” he shouted.
I stood up and wanted to slap him, but I couldn’t quite bring myself to do it. He looked so vulnerable.
I nodded and left his room, shutting the door behind me and walking down the stairs, into the living room.
“I’m gonna go. See you guys around.” I said, picking up my bag and beginning to leave. Just as I was leaving, an arm slipped around my waist. I turned around and half-smiled when I saw Ryan.
“What did he say to you?” he whispered.
“It’s nothing, don’t worry.”
He raised his eyebrows and I sighed. “He told me to get the fuck out, you back-stabbing bitch.”
An angry expression took over his face. “I’ll kill him.”
I put a hand on his chest. “No, Ry, I don’t mind honestly.”
“He has no right to lump his problems onto you!”
“It’s fine.” I said, kissing his lips once. “Don’t worry.”
He sighed. “If you’re sure. And if he does something like that again, you tell me, yeah?”
I nodded.
I have a feeling Ryan may know what’s up with Brendon.
“Come on babe, I’ll walk you home.” he smiled and put his arm around my shoulders, walking out.
I leaned into him and sighed.
“Ignore Brendon, he’s being an ass-hole.”
“But why?” I asked.
“I don’t know, maybe Harry isn’t putting out? Maybe his goldfish died? It could be literally anything with Brendon.”
“That’s true. He’s a difficult character. I love him to pieces but he’s difficult.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first of all, I just got an article published and I'm a little bit (try a lot) ecstatic that the editors chose to publish it. If you would be so courteous as to read it I will love you long time. (:

And how much does this take you back? XD

Comment, s'il vous plait. More comments = two chapters tomorrow.

OH! And it was a snow day today, and it will be hopefully again tomorrow, so I can update for you guys. Love! x