Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 21.

I blinked a few times, coughing as I smelled smoke. I had a pair of warm arms around me, and I was awfully stiff. I looked up and saw Brendon.
“I didn’t know you smoked, Bdon.”
“A temps en temps.” he smirked. “That means from time to time in french.”
“I know what it means. But why do you smoke?”
“Why don’t you smoke?”
“Because it kills the smoker, the people surrounding them and the atmosphere.”
“True that.” he nodded and stubbed it out. “I don’t want to kill you with my second hand smoke.”
I only just realized it was dark.
“Fuck, how long have we been here?”
“It’s… 2am right now.”
“Shit! Why the hell didn’t you wake me up?”
“You looked peaceful, plus, you needed the sleep.”
I sighed and hit him around the head. “Do my parents know where I am?”
“I told them you were sleeping at mine. My parents are out of town so it doesn’t matter that I lied, they’ll never find out.”
“Oh.” I said. “I’m sorry for hitting you.”
“No worries.” he shrugged and stood up, holding out his hand. I took it and thanked him, standing up. He let go of my hand and we started to walk back. Once we were out of the school grounds he started talking.
“Relationships are funny things, aren’t they?”
“In what way, bear?”
“Like how people commit themselves to one person, and that person only?”
“That’s generally what a relationship entails.”
“I know, but then some people feel that they can break the rules and have more than one person. What’s up with that?”
“I don’t know, I’ve never cheated on someone before, so I can’t answer.”
“How would you react if someone cheated on you?”
“I… I suppose I’d be pretty angry? I’d break up with them straight away.”
“Okay, that’s all I needed to know.”
“For what?”
“Just wondered, you know I ask weird things.”
“Right, okay.”
He moved a little closer and put his arm around my shoulders and breathed out deeply. I looked at him briefly and his eyes appeared to be watery, from what I could see in the poorly lit street. I assumed it was ‘one of those days’ and left it.
We arrived at his house first. He fumbled around for his keys, but couldn’t seem to find them. “Fuck!” he screamed and fell down to the floor, crying hysterically.
Okay, maybe it was a little worse than ‘one of those days’.
I sat down next to him and held his hands. “Oh, Bren, what’s wrong?”
He looked up at me and whispered: “I’m so sorry.”
“About what…?”
“Ugh! I can’t even fucking tell you because he’d kill me! Fuck my life!”
“Brendon, what is it?”
“Or you won’t believe me and then I’m fucked because I’ll be friendless…” he murmured to himself.
“Bren! Pull yourself together!”
“Promise to believe me, yeah?”
“I promise.” I nodded and wiped away a few of his tears. “I’ll always believe you.”
He smiled. “That’s what I’m worried about.”
“About my trust in you? That’s why you’re crying?”
“No, it’s just…” he sighed. “Emma, Ryan’s cheating on you. He hasn’t been coming to band practices, he’s been seeing Keltie. I’m so sorry.”
“No.” I said, dropping his hands. “No, Ryan is the sweetest guy known to man, he cares for me, he wouldn’t cheat on me. No.”
“He’s had no time for you because he’s been with her. Have you had sex with him every time you’ve seen him?”
“Well, yeah, but-”
“So he comes to you for the sex, and Keltie for the… well the rest of the girlfriend bit.”
I blinked a few times to try and get rid of the tears. I don’t cry, and didn’t plan on starting now.
“He said he’d really fallen for me.” I whispered. “I gave my virginity to him.”
“Emma I’m so sorry.”
“How… how long has this been going on?”
“Six weeks.”
“Oh.”
“Do you want a hug?”
“You kept this from me for six weeks?”
“No! I w-wouldn’t dare! I’ve only known for a week. I told him to end it with Keltie or I’d tell you, and he didn’t end it…”
“I’m so stupid not to have realized. I knew that I was undatable. I can’t even keep one of my closest friends as a boyfriend. I’ve got no hope.”
“Don’t you dare say that, okay? Don’t put yourself down, it’s not your fault.”
“I can’t even keep one boyfriend, and he managed to have two girlfriends? I’m really that unappealing, aren’t I? At least I was good at sex, I suppose.”
“Emma, you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met and you don’t deserve any of this. Come on, let’s go inside and I can get you some hot chocolate or something.”
I looked up at him, and then I did it.
I actually cried.
♠ ♠ ♠
To the commenter who guessed correctly.... BAM YOU WIN.
Whatever it is that you win, anyway. (: <3
Just been round another college looking at the subjects, and for once they give you the option of taking five subjects instead of four, which I'm pretty excited about because I'm a nerd like that.

Comments make a nerd love you?
=D x

P.S. I love these kids.
And I'm not actually in that video, but meh. LOOOOOVE.