Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 28.

“Ezme, wake up.” I heard, someone shaking me.
“Ugh.” I muttered, rubbing my eyes.
“Ezme, I’ve gotta go to work, but I’ll come back later okay?”
I looked up and saw my mom. I nodded and she left. I looked back down and saw my hand still holding Brendon’s.
“Bear.” I mumbled, kissing his hand. “Good morning. I hope you slept well. I didn’t, but that’s mainly because I fell asleep on my cell phone, which is kinda painful. Never mind.” I smiled.
“Emma you should go home, get some rest. Then you can go to school tomorrow and explain the situation to the teachers. You’ve got exams coming up, you shouldn’t have to miss them.” said Mrs. Urie.
“But I have to stay here.”
“He’ll be okay. If anything happens I’ll call you straight away via Brendon’s cell and you can come here. And you can visit him after school too. You have to live your life as if nothing happened, but visit him occasionally.”
I’d been here for a week and a half now. I’d barely moved and I felt disgusting, but I needed to be by my Brendon.
“But Brendon…”
“Go home.” she smiled. “It’ll do you help. And Brendon, knowing that your sleeping and getting on with things as usual, would be pleased.”
I squeezed his hand once and kissed his forehead. “Are you sure?” I whispered.
His hand twinged.
“Okay.” I nodded. “I’ll go home. But I’ll visit, if that’s alright Mrs. Urie.”
“That’s quite alright.” she smiled. “Now go catch up on some sleep.”
I let go of Brendon’s hand and placed it on his chest, which I hadn’t let go of for 8 days except for when I needed to go to the toilet or something.
I slowly walked out and pulled twenty dollars out of my pocket to get a cab home. When he arrived back at my place he refused to let me pay, considering my state. I thanked him for being so kind and walked in as fast as my skinny legs would take me. I’d barely eaten a thing since being in hospital and I’d lost weight drastically, I really did look awful.
I looked in the mirror and sighed, then collapsed onto the bed, falling asleep instantly and wrapping the sheets around my cold, aching body, praying Brendon would be okay when I woke up.

-<3-

I woke up and stretched, yawning loudly. I sat up and saw the time. Two hours until school. I squinted and looked again, it was half six on a Friday.
I’d gone to sleep on a Wednesday and woken up on a Friday. Wow, I’d slept a long time.
I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower, throwing off my clothes. I sighed with pleasure as the hot water hit my dirty body, washing me clean and waking me up at the same time. I lathered my hair and body in products and washed it all of, then turned off the shower. I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my hair and body, then walked back into my room. I quickly dried my body then threw the towel down to the floor, putting on some underwear. I looked in the mirror and did my make-up, adding extra foundation under my eyes to disguise the tired/worried lines. I pulled on whatever outfit I could find, then dried my hair and brushed it.
I walked downstairs and saw Kat sat at the table, eating a protein bar. She saw me and pulled me into a hug; I don’t think we’ve ever hugged before.
“You’re being so brave.” she whispered. “I’d break down if my best friend was in the same situation.”
“Thank you.” I sniffed and let go of her, blinking back the tears. “And I did break down.” I laughed quietly.
“We’re all here for you, okay?”
“Thank you, again.” I smiled. “And why are you up this early? You don’t go to school anymore.”
“Yeah, but I got a job at the boutique in the city, the morning shift.”
“Oh.” I nodded. “Well, have fun.”
“I’ll try.” she laughed. “I hope Brendon gets better soon.”
“I thought you said he’s a useless twerp?”
“He is.” she nodded, then broke into a smile. “But he makes you really happy and treats you really well. I suspect you’ll end up living with him as room mates so I need you to stay friends with him, that way I get your room.”
I laughed quietly. “Okay then.”
I quickly ate a bowl of fruit salad and some natural yogurt, the packed my bag and pulled on my shoes. I didn’t feel like skating today, it wouldn’t feel right.
I left the house and walked to school. I looked at my timetable whilst I was walking and sighed when I saw that my first lesson was ‘Preparation’. Way to bring down the mood.
I tripped over something on the ground, falling to the floor and my books spilling everywhere. “Shit.” I cursed and gathered up my papers. Someone else bent down and scooped up my books too and smiled. “Need some help?”
I looked up and smiled too. “Hey, Henry. Yes please.”
He stood up and offered his hand, which I took and brushed myself down. I took my books from him and put them all back in my bag. “Thanks.”
“No problem.” he nodded. “So where you been these past few days?”
“I didn’t think anyone would notice that I’d gone.”
“I did.” he smiled and his cheeks went a little red. “So you went…?”
“I was in hospital.”
His eyes widened. “Oh my goodness, are you okay?”
“I’m fine, well, physically. It’s Brendon, he’s in a c-coma.” I choked out.
“Damn, that’s horrible. Is he improving?”
I shook my head.
“Man. Emma I’m so sorry, I hope he gets better soon.”
“Thanks, and yeah, me too.”
“Do you… want a hug? If that’s weird then I’m totally cool with that but you seem pretty upset.”
I smiled and nodded, letting the friendly guy beside me hug me. I refrained from crying and hugged back, sighing lightly. After a few seconds he let go and smiled sympathetically.
“Thanks Henry, I needed that.”
“Anytime.” he smiled widely. We walked the rest of the distance to school and he held open the door for me. I thanked him and we walked to our individual lockers.
I opened it and felt a little upset that there was no note, they always cheered me up and I really needed one now.
I put all my books into my locker except for the things I would need for Preparation. I walked to class, and everyone else was sat down. Mr. Joury was sat behind his desk, smirking at me.
“Oh, Miss. Graziella, so glad you finally decided to turn up!”
The rest of the class snickered.
“I ha-”
“Let me guess, you were on a honeymoon with your husband? Maybe he cheated on you and you needed time apart?”
More snickering.
“Did one of you kill the baby? Is that why you don’t have it today? Is Brendon at home, mourning over the loss of your baby?”
Snicker after fucking snicker.
“Stop it.” I mumbled.
“What was that?” he chuckled.
“I said stop it!” I shouted and the class went silent.
“Don’t you dare speak to me like that, remember who’s the student here!”
Everyone stared at me. “I know very well who’s the student, but don’t you talk about Brendon like that!”
“He never listens in my class and never does any work, tell me one good reason why I shouldn’t!”
“Because he’s in a coma you fucking jerk!” I screamed. “I’ve been with him in hospital so just shut up!”
The class stayed silent, and even Mr. Joury went silent.
He sighed and pulled out a purple slip, writing on it.
What the hell? He was writing me up to go to the principal! He’s completely and utterly heartless.
“Go to the principal.”
“But I-”
“Just do it!”
“Sir, she shouldn’t have to do that.”
“Yeah, cut her some slack, you were being a jerk and her best friend is in hospital.”
“I don’t care!” he shouted. “Now go!”
He thrust the note into my hand. I ripped it in two and sat down.
“What an Earth do you think you’re doing?!”
“I’m not going to the principal when you’re the one in the wrong.” I shrugged.
“Fine, then you’re suspended!”
“You can’t suspend me, you’re not high enough up to do that.”
He laughed bitterly. “I can fail you in this subject so you have to re-take the whole year.”
“What exactly am I being sent to the principal for?”
“For bunking out of my classes, and then lying about the reason why you weren’t here, then swearing to my face.”
I shook my head and smiled. “Fine, I’ll go the principal. And you’ll get sacked, because Brendon really is in a coma.”
I stood up, took a note then slammed the door. As soon as the door was shut, there was uproar against Mr. Joury as all of the students shouted at him. Hah.
I walked to the principal’s office and knocked on the door.
“Come in.” she beckoned.
I opened the door and she smiled. “Oh hello Emma, how can I help you?”
I lifted up my slip and she raised her eyebrows. “It’s not like you to get in trouble. Well, close the door and sit down.”
I did as Mrs. Davis said and sat down, putting the slip on her desk.
“Bunking lessons, lying and swearing. Good grief, what did you do?”
“I haven’t been in school for the past two weeks except for today. Mr. Joury was sure that I’d been bunking his lessons with Brendon, as he hasn’t been here either. So I told him the real reason and accidentally swore at him.”
“And the real reason is…”
“Brendon got hit by a car.” I gulped. “And he’s in a coma and he’s not improving. I st-stayed by his side just in case he got better…”
“But he hasn’t.”
I nodded. “He was mocking Brendon and considering he’s in a life threatening position I may have got very angry and swore.”
“Mr. Urie, is he your best friend?”
I nodded again.
“Right, okay. And Mr. Joury doesn’t believe that Mr. Urie is in a coma?”
I shook my head.
“You do realize that if he’s not, then you could be suspended or even expelled?”
“I do.”
“Good. I think we may have to pay a visit to the hospital.”
“Really?” I smiled.
“You’re one of my best students Miss. Graziella, you wouldn’t do this unless you had a very good reason to do so.”
Hah, Mr. Joury was going to get fired. Fucker.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long, no?
I hope you like it :D
And I'm sorry for putting Brendon is hospital... What do you want me to do?
1. Kill him.
2. Make him wake up, get better really quickly and confess everything to Emma about how he feels.
3. Make him wake up from his coma, but he stays in hospital for a while, and when he gets out he's still in denial.

FYI, I won't necessarily go with what you guys choose, because it could ruin the plot line, but it would be interesting to find out your thoughts. (:

LOVE YOU LONG TIME. :D x