Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 29.

“Where in the hospital is he?” asked Mrs. Davis.
We were now at the hospital.
“Intensive Care ward, third floor, bed 142.” I nodded and she followed me there. “Thank you Mrs. Davis, for believing me and coming all the way here.”
She smiled. “Don’t worry about it. I’ve seen him with you at school and he really cares for you.”
I smiled and walked to his bed. My smile soon disappeared, but I didn’t cry, I was going to be strong this time. His mother wasn’t there, she had to work because she needed to pay for the hospital bills. I’d get my grandparents to pay for a lot of it.
“My goodness…” gasped Mrs. Davis. “You poor child.” she said, putting her hand on my shoulder.
I bit my wobbling lip.
“I wouldn’t lie about something like this.” I mumbled and sat down.
She nodded sympathetically. “My husband had cancer, you know.” she said, sitting down on the other side. “Before I had this job, I was working in another school as a teacher. I took some time off to be by his side, and when I’d gone back, they’d replaced me and I was job-less.”
“I’m so sorry.”
“Don’t be.” she smiled.
“Did… did he get better?”
She shook her head. “No, unfortunately not. But everything happens for a reason, doesn’t it? I found this job and I love it. I’m with a new man, who I have no intentions of marrying, but to keep me company. His wife died too, so it’s nice to be with someone who knows what you’re going through.”
“That’s so sad, but at the same time, quite comforting.”
She laughed lightly. “Yes, I suppose it is.”
We stayed silent for a while and I held Brendon’s hand, stroking it with my thumb lightly.
“I assume you know that you’re not in trouble now?”
“Yes, thank you.” I smiled.
“And when we go back, tell Mr. Joury that I want to see him.”
I smirked inside. “Okay.”
“Well, we best be getting back.”
“Thank you for letting me prove yourself.”
“Any time.” she smiled and stood up. I kissed Brendon’s, now a little less swollen, forehead and we got into her car, driving back to the school. The last few minutes of Preparation was still going on, so I walked back into class (after thanking Mrs. Davis) and sat down.
“What are you doing here?” he spat.
I smirked. “Mrs. Davis came with me to visit Brendon in hospital. Oh, and she told me that she wants to see you. Now.”
He snarled, put down the whiteboard pen then he walked out of the classroom.
Everyone turned to look at me.
“What did she say?” they asked.
“She basically said I was off the hook, because I didn’t lie. And I’m praying that she’s gonna fire that jack ass.”
“So he’s really in a coma?”
I nodded slowly.
People returned to their conversations and Henry sat down in front of me.
“Way to stick it to the man.” he laughed.
“He had it coming.” I smiled.
“Our whole lesson was based upon you two and how a couple shouldn’t be like you. So I kinda swore at him too.”
“You did?” I smiled wider.
“Yeah.” he blushed lightly again.
“Wow, thanks Henry.”
“No problem.” he smiled.
The bell rang and people packed up.
“I’ll drive you to the hospital after school of you wanna see him.” he nodded, putting his backpack on his shoulder.
“I’ve already seen him once today.”
He looked a little crest-fallen, so I picked up my sentence.
“But if you’re free on Monday I’d really appreciate that.”
“Great! It’s a date! I mean, well, not a date, but Monday is a date in time, and I’m waffling aren’t I?”
I laughed lightly. “Yes you are.”
“Sorry.” he smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
....Do you guys hate me for doing that?
Gah, I don't know.
I've had a shitty day, so I'm sorry if you hate it.
You know when you really feel like you have no purpose, and all this effort really isn't worth it?
Yeah, I'm like that.

Fuck you, bi-polar disorder.

I'm sorry for venting. :( Love. <3