Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 30.

I was sat in my room, on my bed, writing a collection of lyrics. I always did this when I needed to vent, or I would go skating, but it was too cold to skate and they’d locked up the park until late February.
“EZME! SOMEONE IS HERE FOR YOU!” shouted Jemima. “IT’S A BOY!”
I laughed quietly and put my books under my bed, then ran downstairs.
“Oh, Henry, hi.” I smiled and walked to the door.
“Hey.” he smiled back.
Jemima was stood inbetween us.
“Uh, J, can you go somewhere else please?”
“Ooh, are you gonna kiss?” she said, making smoochy faces.
“No.” I smiled and pushed her away. “Sorry about her, she’s a little… juvenile.”
He smirked. “She’s a cute kid.”
“So, um, not to be rude, but why are you here?”
“Oh! Of course. Well I don’t really get our math homework and I was wondering if you could help me?”
“Can’t your friends help you?”
“I kinda thought we were friends…” he blushed. “I’ll g-go.”
He turned and I held his wrist. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. I meant it as in, why was I the first person you thought of?”
“My friends, well, the football team, are generally idiots and would get some innocent kid to do their work for them.”
“So I’m your innocent kid?”
“No, I di-”
“I know, I’m just messing with you.” I smiled. “Come in.”
He nodded politely and we went up to my room.
He opened up his math book and he was confused about some sine, cosine and tangent question, so I quickly explained it to him. He picked it up very rapidly, it was like he had no trouble with it anyway.
“So sine has opposite and hypoteneuse?”
“Yup.” I nodded. “You didn’t have any problems at all with this, did you?”
“Well, I kinda knew it…”
“What was the real reason for coming over?”
He gulped. “Honestly?”
“Sure, why not.”
“I, maybe, kinda, just wantedtoseeyou.” he mumbled, trailing off and murging his words together. He blushed lightly and it was adorable.
Big, strong, football player Henry was blushing because he just wanted to see me.
“Is that weird?” he asked, looking up at me with his green eyes.
“I think it’s maybe, kinda cute.” I smiled, mocking him.
“Oh thank goodness.” he sighed with relief and fell down onto the bed. “I thought you were gonna freak out then.”
“I don’t freak out unless people offend me. Then I’m pretty damn scary.”
He laughed quietly. “Okay, I’ll be wary.”
We stayed quiet for a while, then he sat back up. “Emma, I… I quite like you.” he blushed again.
“I quite like you too Henry.”
“You do?” he asked with big eyes.
I nodded and smiled, then he pulled me into a tight hug. “That’s great!”
I laughed, he was so damn cute. His personality didn’t fit his looks at all.
I loosened the hug and saw his smiling face. I put a hand on the side of his face and we both leant into kiss each other. My lips crushed against his chapped ones and a strange feeling developed in my stomach. It felt like butterflies.
I suppose this was the ‘sparks’ Brendon talked about.
Henry put his hands on the small of my back and pulled me a little closer, our lips moving in sync with each other.
“You lied! You are kissing!” squealed Jemima, stood outside my door.
I broke away for laughing and let go of him.
“Jemima, go away.”
“I’m gonna tell dad you were kissing Harold!”
“Henry.” he corrected.
“Jemima, I’ll give you some candy if you keep schtum.”
“Okay!” she chirped and skipped off.
He laughed and linked his hand with mine. “Should I be scared of your dad?”
“No, he wouldn’t hurt a fly, but he doesn’t need to know.”
“Fair enough.” he smiled. “I don’t believe I actually have your number.”
He passed me his cell phone and I keyed in my number.
“I’ll text you sometime then you’ll have mine.” nodded Henry.
“Alright.”
He kissed my lips once more, smiling. “So do you think you’d like to be my girlfriend, Miss. Graziella?”
“I would very much like that, Mr. Jacobs.”
He looked at the time. “Damn, I gotta get going, but I’ll see you at school, yeah?”
“You will.”
“And I’m taking you to the hospital as well?”
“If you want to, that’d be nice.”
“I want to.” he smiled. “Bye, Emma.”
I kissed him softly just before he left, then he broke away, flashed me a quick smile and ran out with his math books.
I sighed happily onto the bed, smiling widely. I stayed there for a good long while, staring at the ceiling and humming a Justin Timberlake tune, don’t judge me.
My cell started ringing so I flipped it up and answered. “Hallo?”
“Emma is it true?”
“Is what true, Harriet?”
“Is Brendon really in hospital?”
“Yes, I’m so sorry.”
“Oh thank goodness.” she sighed with relief.
“What?”
“We were meant to be going to the movies yesterday and he stood me up, so I’m relieved that it was a good reason why he wasn’t there. Anyway, bye!”
She hung up.
What a bitch! She was only concerned about their date, not his welfare! Ugh, Harriet’s changed. She should care about her boyfriend. She doesn’t deserve him.
Kat walked into my room, smiling. “A little birdie told me you just hooked up with a football player.”
“Jemima.” I sighed.
“He’s cute, I’m jealous.” she said, sitting down next to me. “Better than Ryan, anyway. Make sure this one doesn’t hurt you, okay? Don’t feel you have to put yourself out to try and keep him. Wait until ready.”
I nodded slowly, sitting up. “Henry is different to Ryan.”
“How so?”
“I don’t know all that much about him, so if we break up, I won’t lose a best friend. And Ryan only came to me for the physical part… so I know to be wary of that this time.”
She put her hand on my knee, smiling. “Don’t make the same mistakes I did. It’s taken me until now to finally appreciate things and grow up, luckily you’ve already reached that stage so you should be okay.”
“What stage…?”
“Not choosing people who you think will be good for your reputation, you’re choosing people who make you happy. But Henry won’t exactly look bad on your arm.” she smiled. “Anyway, I’ll leave you to your thoughts, see ya.”
She stood up, and just before she left, I spoke.
“Kat, thanks for bringing me clothes when I found out about Ryan.”
“No problem.” she nodded and walked out.

I think things are looking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah... I hope you like it!
Comments would be awesome :D
I know some people will be angry about what happened but pah. Sorry!

So... yeah. Listen to this because it's friggin' amazing.

LOVE <3