Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 31.

“This is your car?” I asked, holding Henry’s hand.
“Yeah.” he nodded.
“Wow, expensive.”
He laughed. “My parents are rich bitches. I asked for some music but they got me a car instead.”
Nice for some.
He unlocked it and we got in. We belted up and he pulled out of the school, several girls giving me envious looks. Hah.
“How were the leaders of cheer?” he asked, looking at me, then back to the road.
“Honestly? I can’t stand them. They won’t let me eat, but I didn’t really feel like sitting with Ryan and Harriet.”
“Why won’t they let you eat?”
“Because, I quote, they don’t want anything to ‘wobble’.”
He laughed quietly. “That’s just charming.”
“I know!”
“So did you eat in the end?”
“No.” I sighed. “I tried but they physically wouldn’t let me eat.”
“That must suck. They pretty much force feed us on the football team. As much as I love food, there’s only so much a guy can take.”
I think this is why we clicked. We were on the two ‘popular’ teams, but didn’t want to be. So we could sympathize when we complained about them, but couldn’t leave them for one reason or another.
“How was football practice?”
“Same old.” he shrugged. “Nothing great, but hey, I shouldn’t complain, it helps with the application form for college.”
So that’s why he did it.
“Can I put some music on?” he asked.
“Sure, it’s your car.” I smiled.
“If it’s too hardcore then just say.”
Rage Against The Machine played through the speakers at a low volume.
“Too hardcore? Did you see the shirts I used to wear?”
“I know, but I thought you may have changed to like Pitbull and Jay Sean like everyone else.”
“No.” I laughed quietly. “I’m still a RATM fan.”
“Oh really? So tell me the singer’s name.”
“Tom Morello.” I said quickly.
“I misjudged you, I’m sorry.”
I laughed again. “S’okay. But it’s not really singing, is it?”
“True.”
We soon arrived at the hospital and he parked.
“You look very pallid.” he stated. “Are you okay?”
“I’m fine.” I swallowed. “But I may cry.”
“Oh.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. “I’ll be there for you.”
I nodded and we got out of the car. He locked it and we walked inside, his arm around my shoulders. The assistant nodded at me as she knew who I was here for, and we headed up the stairs to Brendon’s room.
We soon got there and Henry’s mouth hung in awe. “Damn, the poor kid…”
I sat down and took a deep breath. Brendon’s chest went up and down with each breath and I held his hand in my own.
“Bdon?” I said, stroking his hand softly.
His eyes fluttered open and I gasped. “Bren?”
He looked at me and smiled. “Hey.” he choked out, spluttering. “I was hoping you’d come.”
“When did you wake up?”
“Yesterday night.” he whispered, still laying down.
I hugged him, but not tightly, as it would hurt him. “Oh thank goodness. I thought you were going to die.” I mumbled into his neck, letting the tears fall.
“Um, I’ll go get a drink.” nodded Henry, walking off towards the vending machine.
“Don’t cry babe.” he coughed. “I’m here now. You don’t need to kill yourself.”
I let go of him and wiped my eyes. “You heard that?”
“Mmm. I didn’t know you cared about me that much.”
“Me neither.” I laughed a little. “But I really do.”
He squeezed my hand. “I really do, too.”
“Does your mom know that you’re awake?”
“No, not yet. Only you and the nurses know. I want to surprise her.”
I smiled and continued crying. “I’m so happy.”
“Don’t, you’ll make me cry too.” he laughed then groaned as it caused him pain. “Who’s the guy?”
“Henry Jacobs.”
“The football dude?”
“Yeah.”
“Why is he here?”
“He offered to drive me here last Friday. And I nearly got expelled that day.”
“What?”
“Mmm, I swore at Mr. Joury and he thought I was lying when I said you were in a coma, that’s why I’d missed his lessons. So I got sent to the principal, who believed me and fired Mr. Joury.”
“Hah! No way!”
“Yeah way.” I smiled. “Damn, you’ve no idea how good it feels to talk to you.”
He smiled and let a few tears fall. “My goodness, you are a beautiful person. I’m so glad you’re my best friend.”
I cuddled into him again and kissed his cheek. “Don’t nearly die on me again, yeah?”
“I’ll try.”
“Oh, and before he comes back, Henry is my boyfriend…”
“What?!” he shout-whispered.
I let go of him.
“Since when?”
“Since yesterday when he asked me out…”
He sighed. “He better treat you nicely.”
“You’ll like him, and he’s a nice guy, I wouldn’t go for someone who wan’t nice.”
“Ryan was nice, and look where that got you.”
“I can handle this myself thank you.”
He sighed again. “I suppose. As long as you’re happy.”
“I am.”
Henry came back, clutching a bottle of water and a bar of chocolate.
“Brendon are you allowed chocolate?” he asked.
“Well they’re currently feeding me through a drip as I can’t move, but I assume so.”
“Great.” he smiled and broke it up into pieces whilst still into the wrapping, un-did it and put it into Brendon’s hand.
“Thanks.” he muttered and sucked on a piece of chocolate. “Damn that’s good.”
Henry laughed. “I thought so. You want some water, Em?”
“No, I’m alright thank you.”
He nodded and took a sip himself. “How you holding up?”
“In a shit load of pain, but I’m high on morphine so it’s not too bad.”
“I can empathize, I had to do that when I broke my leg. Great stuff, morphine.”
“Yeah.” laughed Brendon.
“I hope you get better soon.”
“Thanks dude.”
“Well… I have to get back home, I’m cooking tonight. So I’ll have to take Emma with me, sorry.”
“Don’t worry.” he smiled. “I’ll see you around, and give me a hug Em.”
I smiled and hugged my broken best friend. “I miss you.” he whispered.
“I miss you too, Bren.”
He kissed my cheek then I let go of him. “See you soon!”
“You better!”
I held Henry’s hand and we walked back to the car. Just before we got in, he hugged me tightly, stroking my hair.
“You really did cry.”
“Mmm. I’m sorry.”
“There’s no need to be sorry, it’s sweet that you care so much for him. It’d be nice to have a best friend like that.”
I smiled against his chest and he kissed my forehead. “He seemed like a nice kid.”
“Yeah, he is.” I nodded and let go of him. He pulled a tissue out of his pocket and passed it to me.
“Don’t worry, it’s clean.”
I laughed, thanked him and wiped my eyes, sorting out my make-up, then getting into the car. We belted up and he pulled onto the freeway.
“Is he really gay?”
“Why do you ask that?”
“I heard all of the ‘Urie is a cock-sucker’ trash and he seems quite… flamboyant?”
I laughed. “That’s certainly one way of looking at it. He’s bisexual.”
“Oh.” he nodded. “That makes sense. Cool.”
“You’re very accepting of a lot of things.”
He shrugged. “As long as no one gets hurt, I don’t judge anything.”
I smiled in response.
We arrived at my house first, so he parked outside of it. He stretched over the seat and kissed my cheek. I put my hand on the back of his neck and pulled him into a soft and tender kiss. He broke away after a few seconds, smiling and biting his bottom lip. “I’ll see you tomorrow, Em.”
“That you will. Thank you for driving me.”
“Anytime.” he nodded. I grabbed my bag and hopped out of his car, running into the house. He didn’t drive away until the door was firmly shut.
Kat walked past me and smiled.
“Kat! Guess what?”
“What?”
“Brendon woke up!”
“That’s great!” she smiled. “Is he okay?”
“In a lot of pain, but he’s awake so that’s the main thing.”
I smiled.
“I’m happy for you.” she nodded and walked off. I skipped into the kitchen and saw my mom.
“Mom! Brendon’s awake!”
“That’s amazing!”
“I know right?” I smiled. “He’s not going to die on me.” I said, hugging her.
“His mom must be over the moon.”
“Mmm.” I nodded.
Screw his mom, I was over the moon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay.... yeah :D
Got a few more subscribers since the last chapter, so hey new readers (:
And hey old ones too, I love you just as much.
It's my best friend's sixteenth tomorrow. So I have to dress up as a fairy... no doubt hilarity will ensue. (:

As per usual, comments would be lovely and I appreciate all you awesome people :D
Because you are. Awesome, that is.

:D <3