Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 33.

I opened up my locker and smiled when I saw another note.
Hope you’re okay. And what did I say? Ryan was a jerk and now you have Henry. He seems nice enough.
Not me though, but I can wait a while.
x

I smiled and folded it up, placing it in the envelope with the other notes.
I wonder who this person is. I kinda like not knowing.
A pair of toned arms slipped around my waist and someone kissed my cheek.
“Hello you.” he beamed.
“Hey, Henry. What are you doing?”
“Can I not hug my girlfriend from behind without seeming suspicious?”
“No.”
He chuckled and let go. “I was wondering if you had that CD.”
I nodded and pulled it out of my bag, giving it to him.
“Thank you!” he chimed and put it in his own bag. “I was also wondering something else.”
“Which is…”
“If you’d wanna see a movie with me tonight. If you haven’t got too much homework, of course, it being a Thursday.”
“I’d love to.” I smiled. “When and what?”
“If I pick you up at seven you can be back by half ten, and whatever takes our fancy when we get there.”
“Okay, cool, I’d like that.”
“Great.” he grinned and kissed my lips softly.
“NO KISSING IN THE HALLWAY.” growled some stubborn old teacher.
I smiled into the kiss and broke away. “We can pick this up later. Anyway, I better get going, see you at seven?”
“You shall.” he nodded.
“Do I need to wear anything in particular?”
“Whatever you feel comfortable in.” he smiled and kissed my cheek. “Bye, Em.”
He walked off and I sighed happily. Henry was just… lovely. There’s no other way to describe it; plain lovely.

I did a double-take when I saw Harriet giggling with some other guy, her hand on his chest. She was blatantly flirting with him.
I walked over to them, wearing a fake smile. “Harriet, can I borrow you for a minute?”
“I’m kinda busy I-”
“Great, follow me.” I said and grabbed her wrist, pulling her over to my locker.
“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I shout-whispered.
“What do you mean…”
“Flirting with that guy! If you haven’t forgotten, you’ve got Brendon!”
“Yeah but he’s in hospital…” she sighed, twirling her hair. “And what use is that to me?”
“Are you actually being serious?”
“He can’t take me on dates and buy me presents when in hospital, can he?”
“No, but-”
“Exactly. So he’s no use to me anymore.”
“I thought you were nice…” I said, trailing off.
She laughed. “I’m a good actress, no? It’s so easy to take advantage of you people.”
“Take advantage of?”
“Brendon is as good as gold and the sweetest kid. As long as I keep on kissing him he’ll do what I want, he’s a lovesick puppy. It’s kind of pathetic really. If it means this much to you, I’ll dump him. Look, I’ll text him. ‘Hey Brenny, you’re dumped, have fun! xo’. Better?”
I slapped the bitch. And I slapped her good.
“What the hell are you doing?” she screamed.
I pushed her to the floor. “You dare treat him like that again and I’ll get an electric sander to remove your fucking ugly face and do the whole world a favor. Now you back the hell off of him if you like breathing.” I spat, slammed my locker and stormed out, getting the bus straight to the hospital.
I ran to Brendon’s bed and saw him sat up, clutching his phone.
“Bren?”
He looked up at me, completely emotionless. “What did I do wrong?”
I sat down on the side of his bed and held his hand. “Nothing. You did nothing wrong.”
“I know I talked about breaking up with her, but it was because I was scared. I was scared that maybe I was becoming attached to someone, to Harriet and she dumps me by fucking text. I treated that girl like a fucking princess!”
“B, don’t worry about her, she’s worthless.”
He rested his head on my shoulder. “I did everything she asked, Emma. Everything.”
“I know Bdon, you must’ve been a wonderful boyfriend, so that just proves she was the crap one.”
“But whenever something goes wrong, it’s always me.” he mumbled, his eyes becoming watery.
“Oh don’t be silly. It’s never you, you’re one of the nicest people I’ve ever met. She’s the fucked up one, I promise.”
He sniffed and squeezed my hand. “I love you, Em.”
“I love you too. Now you should get some rest, you need to get better as soon as possible.”
“But I wanna stay here with you…” he whined.
“I’ve gotta go home.” I nodded and kissed his nose. “But if I could stay, I would. Don’t dwell on Harriet, she’s not important. Have the doctors told you when they think you could be let out?”
“Before Christmas.” he sighed. “Which is a while.”
“You’ll be fine.” I smiled. “I’ll visit you again soon. And if you can, call me!”
He nodded and smiled, kissed my hand then I walked off. I waited for a few minutes then a bus came. I paid for my fare and as soon as I got off, ran home. It was nearly six, so I didn’t have long.
“Hey mom, I’m going on a date at seven, I’ll be back before half ten, I’m just gonna get ready then Henry will pick me up here.”
“Wait, what?”
I repeated it a little more slowly.
“Oh, um, okay. Be safe.”
“Mom.” I whined. “It’s not like that with me and Henry. We haven’t even made out yet.”
“A mother doesn’t need to know these things.” she cringed. “Go get ready.”
“Thank you!” I smiled and ran up the stairs into my room. I quickly changed into something a little nicer, brushed my hair and made my make-up a little more heavy. I put whatever I would need into a purse, brushed my teeth then double-checked my appearance.
Meh, it’ll do.
The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to get it. I opened the door and saw a smiling Henry in some jeans and a blue button up shirt. He looked very nice. “Hello.”
“Hey.” I smiled.
“You look pretty. And, um, I got you a rose.” he blushed and held out the flower.
“Wow. Thank you very much.” I said and kissed his cheek.
There was acetane wrapped around the bottom with a little water in it, so it wouldn’t die.
“You may want to leave it here.” he nodded and I agreed, putting the rose on the kitchen counter gently.
I held his hand and we got into the car. I crossed my legs and belted up.
Henry put on my Metallica CD and I smiled.
“What’s on at the movie theater?”
“Something with Matt Damon, something with Jennifer Anniston, some Tarantino movie… yeah I’m awful at names.”
“If it’s a Bourne one, Matt Damon, otherwise the Tarantino.”
He smiled. “Not the Anniston chick flick?”
“I hate chick flicks. Unless Hugh Grant is in them.”
He laughed. “Right, okay. I forgot you weren’t the atypical girl. Face like an angel, mind like a football team.”
I raised my eyebrows and he blushed furiously.
“I really just said that, didn’t I?”
I nodded.
“Yeah. Well, what I meant to say was that you’re not super girly, like, in your outlook…”
“But have the face of an angel?”
He blushed an ever deeper red. “Mmm.”
I blushed a little too and smiled. “Um, well, thank you Henry.”
We parked at the move theater and unbelted. “That’s alright. And I honestly think you’re beautiful.”
This time, I blushed a deep red. “You’re so modest.” he smiled. “It’s adorable. Come on, let’s get inside.”
We got out and he put an arm around my shoulders. I leaned into him and he squeezed me lightly. We walked into the theater and got into the queue.
“Looks like it’s not a Bourne one, so Tarantino?”
“Yes please.” I nodded, getting out some money.
“Don’t worry, I’m paying.”
“But you-”
“Shh.” he smiled and kissed me once. “You don’t have a choice.”
“At least let me buy the popcorn.”
“If it’s salty then sure.”
“You like salty?” I asked. “Everyone I go with likes sweet.”
“I know right? I don’t it, personally.”
I smiled. “Good, because I love salty. I’ll get it whilst you get the tickets.”
“Okay.” he nodded and I walked in the other direction. I bought a bottle of water and some salty popcorn, then returned to Henry, who now had the tickets.
We walked into the theater and sat down relatively near the front, about five or six rows away. I put the food/drink between us and he smiled at me.
“Thank you for this.”
“No problem, Em.”
I kissed his cheek and sat comfortably, eating a few pieces of popcorn at a time. Our hands brushed a few times, but that was fine. We weren’t twelve, our hands touching didn’t make us blush as we held hands anyway.
About half way through the movie, Henry kissed me again. Now, I’m that person in the cinema who gets really pissed off at the smoochy couple. But now it’s me as part of the couple, I don’t mind at all.
He put a hand on the back of my neck and flicked his tongue across my bottom lip. I slowly parted and he took advantage of this, exploring my mouth. I kissed back softly, getting a little closer to him and massaging his tongue with my own. After a few minutes or so we broke away, me biting my bottom lip. He smiled at me, kissed my cheek then returned to the film.
It seems weird, we’ve been dating for two and a half weeks, and that was the first time we’d made out. It was within a few hours with Ryan. Maybe rushing into things isn’t good for a relationship, so taking it at this pace was good.
The movie soon finished, and it was excellent. Not my favorite, but not far off.
I picked up the trash and we walked out of the theater, putting it into the trash can. Henry put his arm around my waist and we walked out. We continued walking along the sidewalk, away from his car. I didn’t bother asking as he seemed to know where we were going.
We walked into the near by park and sat down on the grass by the fountains, with white lights spurting out of them with the water, dimly lighting its surroundings.
“It’s beautiful here.” I said.
“Mmm.” he nodded. “It is.”
He laid down on the grass and I did the same. “When I need to chill out I come here, makes me forget about everything else.”
“What is it that you need to forget right now?”
A pained expression took over his face.
“I’m sorry, that’s personal, I shouldn’t have asked.”
For once, he wasn’t smiling.
“No, it’s not your fault, I basically asked you to ask me. I’m worried about my brother, is all. Nothing awful.”
“My assumption is that you don’t want to talk about this anymore, so I’ll drop it.”
He smiled again. “Thank you. I’ll tell you in time.”
He hugged me tightly and I kissed his nose. “This is nice. Just you, me and the moon.”
“It is.” I agreed. “Makes me feel a little sleepy.”
He stood up and he suddenly picked me up, making me squeal.
“Come on, I’ll give you a piggy back, you can sleep if you want.”
“I’m not all that sleepy…”
“Tough. Now climb on.”
I put my arms around his shoulders and my legs around his waist, resting my head on his shoulder. “You’re too nice to me.” I said.
“I don’t think I am. I think you’re as nice to me as I am to you, so that means you’re too nice to me too.”
“It’s amazing I understood that.” I laughed quietly and sighed happily.
We arrived back at the car and he smiled as he slowly put me back on my feet. We got into the car and he started it, turning the music down a little bit and driving away.
“You can fall asleep if you want, I won’t be offended.”
“No, I’m okay thanks Henry. I’m really not that tired.”
He smiled again and nodded. We arrived at my house a few minutes later and he parked outside of it.
“Thank you very much for tonight.” I smiled.
“No problem. I had fun.”
“Me too. Well, I’ll see you tomorrow. Good night.” I said and kissed his lips. We let the kiss linger a few seconds, then he broke away.
“Good night Emma.”
I kissed his cheek and got out of the car, shutting the door carefully and walking into my house.
“I’m home!” I called out and took off my shoes. I walked into the living room and sat down next to Kat.
“Someone looks happy.” she smiled.
“Maybe a little.” I blushed and hugged my knees.
“Your date went well then?”
I nodded and smiled. “Yup. He even got me a rose.”
“I saw that. Damn, you’ve got a catch there Ezme.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is pretty long but I like it. (:

Who saw the Harriet thing coming? PUT YOUR HANDS UP PEOPLE

Anyway. Poor Brendon.
Comments are like Mint Aero.

(I.E. I love them.) ;)

And who is behind those damn notes?