Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 34.

“Happy Halloween, Brendon.” I smiled and kissed his cheek.
He nodded and smiled in response, as his condition had weakened and he was pretty much banned from talking, unless it was ‘Help!’.
“So I’m going to Dani’s party tonight… that’ll be interesting. First party and all. And I’ve no idea what to wear, because I am not going as a slut, but I don’t want everyone to think I’m a freak if I dress up as Jack Skellington.”
He nodded again and made grabby motions with his hands, looking at the pad of paper next to him. I got the hint and placed the paper and pencil on his lap.
He scribbled something down and showed me.
Go as a witch, or the woman in Watchmen.
“There’ll be a ton of witches and no one will know Watchmen, plus she wears a leather cat suit for the most part.”
He smirked.
True. Um… I can’t think of anything else. Super Woman?
“Yeah that’d be good.” I nodded. “Maybe I could go as a… girly ghost or something?”
Or a girl vampire.
“That’s it! I’ll do that, thanks Bren.” I smiled and kissed his cheek again.
He smiled in response, then looked really sad all of a sudden.
“What’s wrong, B?”
He bit his lip and started writing.
They have to operate on my head because I have a fractured skull, so they have to shave my head then cut into it. I’m petrified, Emma.
“Oh sweetie, you’ll be fine.”
I just called Brendon sweetie. Hah, okay.
What if it goes wrong?
“It won’t. You can hold me to that. They’re not actually operating on your brain, just the skull, so there’s nothing to worry about. And as for the hair, it’ll grow back.”
I suppose. I’m still scared. Will you be here for me tomorrow afternoon, after the surgery?
“Of course I will.” I smiled. “I’m always here for you.”
He squeezed my hand. Don’t you have to go, so you can get ready and shit?
I looked at the clock. Party starts at eight, it’s half six now, and I still haven’t eaten. Shit.
“Yeah, I better go. I’ll see you tomorrow after surgery. I would wish you good luck, but you don’t need it, because it’ll all be fine. See ya, Bdon.”
I kissed his forehead and left. I waited for the next bus to come, and my cell rang.
“Hello?” I answered.
“Hey, Em, you still coming to the party tonight?”
It was Henry.
“Yeah, why?” I asked.
“Because it’s not a costume thing. There’ll be Halloween decorations, but that’s it. They lied to you to make you look foolish, they do it to all first part go-ers.”
“Oh. Right. Did you just find out?”
“Mmm. Hopefully you haven’t put too much thought into an outfit.”
“I haven’t.” I said, getting onto the bus that had now arrived and sitting down at the back.
“Good. Shall I pick you up at half eight?”
“But it starts at eight…”
“Yeah, but no one will get there then. Sorry, I forgot you’re not used to this.”
I smiled. “No need to apologize. But yeah, sure. So what do I wear?”
“A dress or something. Whatever you want, really.”
“Alright. Thank you for telling me, I’ll see you later.”
“You will. And no problem.”
I hung up and put my cell back in my pocket.
Right. So I didn’t need a costume after all.
I arrived a few minutes away from my house, so walked back and was pounced on by Brent and Spencer when I walked in. I may have let out a yelp.
“Holy… what are you doing?” I asked.
“It’s Halloween! Movie night at your place!” squealed Brent, letting go of me.
“I kinda already have plans…” I said, feeling very guilty.
“But we haven’t seen you properly since the summer!” whined Spencer.
“I know, I’m sorry, but I have a party-”
“So now you’re popular you ditch us?”
“Wait, no I-”
“Come on Brent, we’re leaving.” frowned Spencer, taking Brent’s arm and walking out of the house, slamming the door.
What the hell happened?
The door slowly re-opened and the two boys fell in, laughing.
“Your face Em, priceless.” they laughed.
“Would you like to tell me what’s happening?”
Spencer calmed himself down and stated talking. “Happy Halloween, Emma. We thought we’d payback you a little as you’ve barely seen us, but we just wanted to hang for a while, seeing as Ryan is with Keltie all the time and Brendon is, well yeah.”
“Oh.” I smiled. “That’s nice of you guys. What do you wanna do?”
“We haven’t been skating in a while.”
“Isn’t the park shut?”
“Oh yeah.” sighed Brent.
“How about we have one big hug and then you guys come with me tomorrow to visit Brendon?”
“Sure.” they smiled and we had one big bear hug.
“It feels weird without Bdon, he always grips really hard.” laughed Brent.
I smirked and let go of them. “Man, I missed you guys. The preps drive me insane.”
“You’re friends with the preps?”
“They kinda latched themselves onto me.” I shrugged. “And the gym teacher was like ‘you’ll fail gym if you don’t join the cheer-leaders’ so I’m part of them too.”
“Could you get more popular? Have you got a football player boyfriend?”
“Well, yeah but-”
“Oh!” they exclaimed, throwing their hands up in the air.
“Do girls swoon around him?”
“I suppose…”
“Oh!” they exclaimed again, rolling around on the floor.
I couldn’t help but laugh, these guys were insane.
“Are you cheer captain?”
“Not yet but there have been talks-”
“OH OH OH!” they screamed, gripping at each other and jumping around the place. I laughed again.
“My God, you guys are crazy.”
“Yes.” nodded Spencer. “We best get going.” he laughed. “You’ll never be able to look at the preps without thinking of us now.”
I smirked and shook my head, because it was true. All I’d hear is ‘OH!’ when they talked.
“Alright, happy Halloween you two. Have fun without me.” I smiled and they left, waving as they shut the door.
I laughed a little and ran back up the stairs into my room, rifling through my clothes to find a dress that was suitable. Something evening-y but not too dressy, with a hint of sluttiness, without screaming ‘SLUT’.
And surprisingly, I had something that fitted what I was looking for.
I slipped it on, making sure it fitted, then brushed my hair, curling it into loose curls.
I made my make-up heavier, waxed my legs, painted my nails and put on a ton of hairspray.
I rifled through my jewelery collection and put on my bracelet which had a pumpkin charm. Come on, I needed to be a little festive.
I sprayed a little perfume, brushed my teeth then put on a pair of small heels. I didn’t need to be that much taller, I was quite comfortable with my height.
I looked at the clock and it said quarter past eight, so I spent a little more time perfecting my make-up and putting on a necklace. I walked downstairs, grabbed my clutch and put in my cell and keys.
Mom and dad walked into the kitchen, smiling.
“You look very nice, Ezme.” she nodded.
“Thanks, mom.”
“But you’re showing a little too much skin.” said Dad.
“Don’t dampen her mood.” she scowled and the doorbell rang.
I got off of the stool and ran to the door, opening it.
“Hey Henry.” I smiled.
“Wow, you look, wow.” he laughed, scratching the back of his head. “Wonderful would be the right word I think.”
I blushed a little. “Thank you. You look pretty dapper yourself.”
My dad shouted out: “Have her home by ten!”
“Ignore him!” shouted my mom and we laughed.
Henry took my arm and we walked out to the car, getting in.
“I like your bracelet.” he smiled.
“Thank you.”

And to the party we go.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooh... what do you think is going to happen at the party? ;P

And I'm thinking of writing a Ryden. I've got a plot already... but I'm not sure I can cope with four stories at once XD

Comments are awesome. I hope you have a lovely day :D