Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 45.

Brendon had been acting really weird lately. He wasn’t talking to me as much anymore, and kept disappearing mid-way through a conversation, claiming he had to go somewhere really important. It was kinda pissing me off.

It was the end of the school day, and tomorrow was prom night. And I still hadn’t asked Brendon. Why? Because I couldn’t fucking find him.
I got out my cell phone and pressed 1, then green, holding the phone to my ear.
It rang several times, then he eventually picked up, breathless.
“Hello?” he panted.
“Where the hell are you?”
“I’m in the lab. No, uh, I mean I’m by the cafeteria.”
“The lab? What the hell are you doing in the lab?”
“I’m by the cafeteria, I told you.”
“Oh, right, yeah.” I said, rolling my eyes and walking towards the lab.
“So what do you want? I’m busy.” he asked, agitated.
“I was gonna ask you if you wanna come to prom with me?”
“Oh.” his tone softened. “Aww, that’s sweet of you. I’d love to come.”
“Great. I’ll meet you by the lab in a few seconds.”
“Wha-”
I hung up before he could continue and pushed through the masses of students all dying to get home. I was very close to the lab, then Brendon ran into me.
Damn it. I didn’t catch him in whatever act he was in.
“Hey, you.” he smiled and put an arm around my shoulders.
“Hey.” I smiled back.
His hair was pretty messed up, a bit like bed hair crossed with sex hair.
“Your hair is messy today.” I stated.
“Yeah, I styled it for once.”
Lie. Such a lie. But I’ll let him have his ways for now.
“Cool. So you’re cool with being my date?”
“Yeah, I’m gonna go to prom!” he beamed. “I wonder what it’ll be like.”
“Didn’t you go last year?”
“No.” he said, shaking his forehead. “I chickened out. My mom was super pissed because she’d bought me a tux to go to it. I guess I can wear it this year.”
“Yeah.” I smiled and we walked out of the main school doors, his arm still around my shoulders. Henry was waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs, grinning at me.
“Brendon, would you mind if I borrowed my girlfriend for a bit?” asked Henry.
“Sure. Be safe.” he chuckled and skipped off somewhere else.
Henry took my hand in his and we started walking back towards my house in silence.
“Are you okay?” he asked. “You’ve been pretty distant lately. And we haven’t made out in like a week.”
“I’m sorry.” I sighed and leaned into him. “Brendon’s been sneaking around doing stuff and he’s acting like nothing is happening to me.”
“And that’s what’s been worrying you?”
“Mmm.”
“Emma.” he said, stopping. We stood still and held both hands, swinging them from side to side. “You worry about people to much. Brendon’s a big boy, he can look after himself without your help.”
“But he can’t Henry. He’s like my brother, I always look out for him and he’s cutting me out. And it’s scaring me.”
Henry smiled and pressed a soft kiss to my cheek, tucking my hair behind my ear. “You’re so adorable, Em. And you’re too caring. Just leave it, whatever he’s doing will sort itself out.”
“You sure?”
“Positive.” he smiled reassuringly and pulled me into a tight hug, rubbing my back.
“Thanks, Henry.”
He laughed. “Anytime babe, anytime. You wanna come back to my place for a bit?”
“Sure, that’d be nice. I don’t actually know where you live.”
“Not around the posh place like someone.” he smirked and we started walking again.
“It is not posh!” I protested.
“Sure it’s not.”
I frowned and folded my arms.
“Come on, don’t go all stressy on me.”
“I’m not going all stressy on you, I’m just folding my arms.”
“Mmm, yeah.”
He squeezed my sides, making me yelp, then he gripped one of my hands so I couldn’t fold my arms again. Damn it.
We got in his car and he started driving, still holding my hand.
“I’m not letting go of your hand until you get out of your grump.”
I sighed and kissed his hand. “I’m sorry.”
“Good.” he smiled and loosened his grip, but I didn’t really want to let go for some reason or another.
I raised my eyebrows when I saw where we were.
“The strip?”
“Yup. My dad owns a few casinos and a few hotels, so I kinda live in a hotel.”
“You do? I didn’t know that.”
“Yeah. Well it’s not something I’m proud of.”
We arrived at one of the most expensive and lavish hotels in all of Vegas. He parked in a designated section and we got out. He held my hand again and we walked to the elevator. There was a man in tux at the bottom.
“Hello Mr. Jacobs.” he nodded. “Top floor?”
“Hello Jeremy, and I’ve said before, I can do this myself.”
“Yes, but your father insists upon it, Sir.”
Henry sighed and we walked into the elevator, accompanied by ‘Jeremy’. It was supremely awkward as we zoomed up to the very top floor; penthouse suite.
The doors finally pinged open and we walked out, along the hallway and towards a large set of white and gold double doors.
Henry keyed in a code, then opened one of the doors, holding it open for me. I gawped at the sight. It was full of… well, everything. It was OCD clean and everything was insanely expensive. I mean, yeah, my grandparents are rich, but there’s not much in their house, this place had every single piece of technology you could ever want and more.
“You gonna stop gawping soon?” he smirked and shut the door.
He took off his shoes, so I did the same. Henry scooped me up and put me on his crisp white couch, tickling my sides, making me squeal girlishly. He straddled me at the hips so I didn’t kick whilst he tickled me.
“H-Henry!” I squealed.
He suddenly stopped and looked up, a disgusted look on his face. “Cherry, Rosa, Mia. What are you doing here?”
I curved my back to look at who he was talking about. There were three very scantily clad, heavily made up and busty women.
“What the hell?” I whispered to him.
“Don’t worry; they’re strippers for my dad.” he whispered back.
“Hey sexy.” purred one of them.
“Mia, just don’t. Where’s my dad?”
An orange, very muscular man with graying hair and a cigar came out of the same room as the women had come from. “Right here.”
The girls giggled and hung onto the man.
“I see you have a new one for me, son?”
“No.” growled Henry, getting off of me and standing up. I stood up and blushed lightly. “Dad, this is my girlfriend, Emma. Emma, dad.”
“Nice to meet you sir.” I smiled and stuck out my hand to shake his, but he pulled me into a tight hug. Which was awfully uncomfortable as he rubbed my back.
“Dad!”
His dad let go of me and smirked. “If you ever need a job honey, you know where I am.” he winked and breathed out a trail of cigar smoke, making me cough.
“Fuck’s sake dad, keep it in your pants and leave her alone.”
“Come on girls.” he beckoned and the three women followed him as he left the apartment.
Henry pulled me into a tight hug. “I’m so sorry about him.”
“Don’t worry.”
“I am worrying about it, because I’ve got a pervert for a dad and nearly naked women about the place. Trust me, I don’t want them here, the slut look really isn’t appealing.”
“I trust you.” I smiled and he kissed my forehead.
He put two fingers under my chin and pulled me into a soft and tender kiss. I kissed him back and let my eyes flutter shut, melting into the kiss. He moved one hand to my hip and moved his thumb in circles.
The door suddenly burst open. “Son, I used all your rubbers earlier.”
Henry broke away and sighed. “I don’t care.”
“So you’re not going to bed the girl?”
He let go of me. “Fuck, ugh! Just fuck off! I’m not like you! I don’t have sex with every girl I see, you disgust me!”
His dad simply shrugged and shut the door again.
I had a feeling this was a regular thing between Henry and his dad.
“He makes me so angry!” he shouted. “The way he treats people… it’s just foul!”
He walked into a room, swinging open the door and shouting again. “He doesn’t even have the fucking decency to do it in his own room! God damn it!”
He was pacing, cussing under his breath.
I walked over to him and slipped my arms around his waist. “Henry, shh.” I whispered. He sighed and we swayed side to side slowly. “It’s okay, really, it is.”
His eyes closed and he breathed out. “I don’t know what I’d do without you Em.”
“Shout a bit more, I suppose.”
He laughed quietly and turned around, so we hugged the normal way. He nuzzled his face into my neck and made a content noise as I held him.
“Your apartment is awesome, y’know, except for the other people who live in it.”
“I live in the pent house by myself, actually. My dad changes from room to room through out the many of his hotels, the whore. But this time he decided to bring his sluts with him to my room, so that’s why I was really angry.”
“Oh. I’m sorry.”
“Don’t you apologize.” he smiled against my neck then let go, blinking and holding my hand. “You’re gorgeous, Em.”
I blushed. “And you’re very handsome.”
He pulled me towards the other side of the apartment, opening another door, revealing another bedroom. Henry picked me up again and put me down on the bed, next to him. One arm went around my waist.
“Can we sleep for a while? I’m exhausted.”
“Sure.” I smiled and kissed his cheek, falling asleep not soon after as he cradled me into him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, just about to put up another chapter because I feel I owe you two for commenting so much-

I really appreciate it :D

Seven comments please...? <3 If you do comment, can you make it in two parts so I know what you feel about both updates please? If that's not too much hassle.

Love :D