Status: Active. (:

One of the Boys.

Pt. 49. (Pt. 2 of Prom.)

We walked inside, hand in hand, adrenaline pumping through the both of us from the previous experience.
I just kissed Brendon Urie.
Sure, it’s happened before, but it was nothing like that.
It wasn’t even passionate, it was all lips, oh, those damn lips.
I didn’t know what it was, but something was making me yearn for it to happen again. I wanted to take fistfuls of his shirt and crash his lips against my own, not giving him the option of letting go.
To be perfectly honest, it scared the shit out of me.

“Emma? Are, are you okay?” he asked quietly. “You’re holding me very tightly.”
“I’m fine.” I smiled up at him and loosened my grip on his slightly sweaty hand.

We pushed through the hall doors and the loud music startled me at first, but I quickly became used to it. I was suddenly bowled over by three squealing girls.
Chelsea, Dani and Hannah.
“Oh em gee! You look amazing Ezme!” clapped Dani.
“Thank you.” I smiled. “You look great too, all of you.”
They all looked a bit too slutty for my liking, but I wasn’t going to say that.
“And who’s your date?” asked Chelsea.
Brendon had backed away a little, so I grabbed his hand and held it up in the air.
“Brendon is.” I smiled widely.
“Looking good Urie.” said Dani, batting her eyes flirtatiously.
“Yeah, you scrub up good.”
“Uh, thanks.” he blushed and put his hand back down by his side.
“Save a dance for me.” winked Chelsea and they walked back into the mass of bodies to find their dates.
Brendon turned to look at me, his mouth dropped.
“Careful, you may catch flies.” I smiled.
“Did you hear that? Chelsea fucking Daniels wants to dance with me! That gay Urie kid!”
I chuckled. “And you actually want to dance with her?”
“I may never get the chance again!”
“Oh. Alright, yeah. But you’re with me for the slow dance okay?”
“Of course.” he beamed and kissed my nose, then lead me to the rest of my friends. Brendon didn’t really have any friends here, except for me and I think he was friends with Alex Fratelli, I’ve seen him talking to him a few times.
A David Guetta song blared out of the speakers, with a repetitive rhythm, and I could feel Brendon breathing out in relief as it was an easy song to dance to.
His hands found themselves on my hips and we started dancing together, compacted against the hundreds of other students. A few people were pretty much fucking with clothes on and Brendon’s face was priceless.
“Oh my God. Why would people do that?” he whispered into my ear as people dance fucked. “It’s so public…”
“I know, but that’s just what people do.” I replied and turned around so I was facing him, moving my hips to the beat of Boom Boom Pow.
“It’s crazy.” he nodded and I started to sing along with everyone else. I could tell Brendon wanted to sing loudly, he loves to sing, but would feel a little embarrassed.
“You can sing, y’know.” I laughed a little.
He simply shrugged and held my hands, waving them up in the air.
He started singing as soon as Fergie said: “I’m so 3008…”
I smiled and moved closer to him, our thighs brushing against each other. I let go of one of his hands and put it on the back of his neck. I ran my index finger up and down it in small lines and he tilted his head and smiled a little, like a cat.
People suddenly seemed to get a lot closer and the dancing became dirtier. I edged nearer to Brendon and we started grinding, but not as sexily as everyone else. Obviously not pleased with this, he held my hips with more force and grinded more dirtily. I pressed myself against him, my back brushing against his stomach.
A groan escaped his lips and he sucked in his bottom lip. I could feel his hot breath against my neck. He swept my hair away from my ear and whispered:
“Please don’t get so close, I’m insanely sensitive.”
I smiled and kissed his cheek. “Sorry.”
The song finished and Chelsea pulled Brendon away from me.
“My turn!” she chimed.
Hah. Poor Brendon, Chelsea is a sex dancer.
Right, so now I don’t have anyone to dance with. Okay.
Dani picked up my hand, throwing it in the air and dancing with me, a few other girls all dancing too.
Alex Fratelli appeared from nowhere and put his hands on my hips, Dani dropping my arm, and me grinding with Alex as close as possible. He really got into it and moved in perfect timing to the music and my hips.
I’m not gonna lie, Alex was pretty damn fine. We’d spoken a few times before, but only minimal conversation.
“You look wonderful tonight, Emma.”
“Thank you. You look great too.”
He laughed lightly and continued grinding. His laugh was surprisingly sexy, it seemed to roll off of his tongue, with that deep, sexual voice of his.
Chelsea was dancing very outrageously with Brendon, his face was a little flushed. He shot me a quick glance, which changed from a ‘help me!’ jesty one to one full of hurt. Why, I have no idea.
Maybe because I was dancing with another guy and we’d kissed earlier, then again, he was dancing with another girl.
The song finished and Alex pressed one kiss just under my ear, making that patch of skin a lot warmer once his lips had left it.
Chelsea kissed Brendon’s cheek and he returned to me. “Can I talk to you for a minute, Alex?”
“Uh, sure.”
Brendon held Alex’s hand and guided them out of the crowd.

Brendon’s POV:

I dragged him out of the hall and outside, into the cool air. I looked around to make sure no-one was watching, then began.
“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” I screamed.
He smirked and shrugged.
“You were pretty much fucking her from behind!”
“You seemed to be doing pretty much the same with Chelsea.”
“Well, yeah, but that’s different!”
“How so?”
“She asked me! You just turned up and grinded all over her!”
“Sounds like someone’s a little jealous.”
I huffed and folded my arms. “No duh.”
He put a hand on my cheek but I swatted it away. “Oh come on Bren, don’t be like that.”
“It upset me that you were dancing like that in front of me.”
“Aww.” he pouted. “You want a hug?”
“Yes please.” I nodded and we hugged. I sighed into him and closed my eyes.
“This is weird, isn’t it? We’re having a real conversation, rather than making out viciously in the lab.”
“Mmm. I like it.”
“Yeah, strangely, I do too.”
He rubbed my back soothingly and nuzzled my head into his neck. I kissed it once and gave him a light squeeze.
“Brendon I’m sorry.”
“Me too.”
I let go of him and he carefully wiped my bangs out of my face, then kissed my lips softly. “How about I make it up to you?”
“Alright.” I smiled widely. “How?”
“Maybe we could dance together for a bit.”
My mouth dropped. “Really? But people would be staring and they might figure out you’re gay…”
He pressed another soft kiss to my lips. “It doesn’t matter. I’ve just realized that maybe, just maybe, I quite like you.”
I felt my cheeks heat up and the butterflies in my stomach flit around.
“You sure? I don’t mind if you don’t want people to know.”
“No, it’s got to come out some time.”
I felt a surge of happiness and gave him a big hug. “Oh Alex, you’re so awesome!”
He laughed and hugged back. “You’re such a girl, Brendon.”
“Meh, that’s fine.”
I smiled widely and planted a big kiss on his cheek. “Thank you, Alex. This really means a lot to me.”
“That’s alright. So do you like me back?”
“Of course I do.”
“Great, that’s just great.” he smiled and kissed my forehead, then we let go of each other. My insides were ecstatic now, I hadn’t been this happy in a while. I know that I’d kissed Emma earlier, well, she’d kissed me, but she had Henry, so I didn’t feel bad about this.
“Do you want to be my boyfriend, then?”
I accidentally let out a squeal, so covered my mouth. He laughed. “Man you’re so adorable.”
I calmed myself down and blushed. “I’d love to be your boyfriend, Alex.”
He held my hands and pulled me into a kiss, his soft lips puckering against mine. I smiled and kept my eyes shut, kissing him back. Alex pushed his hips forward a little so our stomachs were touching.
I slowly pulled away and bit my bottom lip. “Let’s go back inside, boyfriend.”
“Alright, boyfriend.” he smiled and held my hand, walking back inside. I had to hold back, trying not to skip and sing loudly.
We went back into the hall and returned to where Emma was. She was dancing with some other kid, probably a football player, I don’t know. She looked happy anyway.
I started to dance with Alex, but he looked a little nervous, which was understandable. He was doing a big thing for me and I really appreciated it.
I gave his hand a quick squeeze to let him know I was here for him. He squeezed it back, then let go, taking a hold of my hips and grinding with me. I was the ‘girl’ this time, so it didn’t matter how sexually we danced, unless of course he was just as sensitive as myself.
People stared at us, still dancing, but backing away slightly, like we were some disease.
Everyone knew that I was bi-sexual, but no one knew that Alex (official Palo Verde heart throb) liked guys. That’s what people found so weird, I suppose. Or the fact we were the only gay couple there.
The dj announced that there was to be only one song left; the slow song.
Yes, I know I’d promised to be with Emma, but I really wanted to dance with Alex.
She walked up to me and smiled. “Bren, is it alright if I do this one with Henry? He said that he’s here already and I convinced him to do the slow one.”
“Of course.” I beamed. “I’m going to dance with Alex, anyway.”
“Oh, cool.” she nodded, then her eyes widened. “Wait, I know you two were dancing and stuff, but are you, y’know?”
I nodded with a big smile on my face.
“Yes, we are dating. So yes, I am gay.” he chuckled. He kissed my forehead.
“Aww, that’s so cute.” she smiled. “I’m happy for you guys.”
“Thanks, Em.”
Henry walked in, wearing jeans and a polo shirt, very under dressed for the occasion, but he wasn’t meant to be here anyway. He saw Emma and his whole face lit up, I hope I have a relationship like that.
He pulled her into a hug and smiled, kissing her cheek. I saw him mouth: “You look gorgeous.” and her blush, then they got into the right position for slow dancing.
Assuming I was the girl in this, I put my arms around his shoulders and Alex wrapped his around my waist. I rested my head on his chest and sighed happily.
“Thank you Alex. For being this public about it.”
He rubbed his hand up and down my hip. “Don’t worry about it. I know you’d do the same for me.”
I let my eyes flutter shut and my body sway with his. I heard the occasional ‘faggot’ or some other offensive gay remark, but I was too happy to care.
I didn’t feel so lonely anymore. I had someone now, that wasn’t a complete jerk.
‘ahem’ Harriet ‘ahem’.
He’d proved that he wasn’t by doing this for me. And it felt great, made my heart swell inside of me and rest my hand on his chest, my finger tips twitching slightly.
“I guess you’re the woman in this relationship.” he smiled and kissed my forehead.
“I guess so. I’ve always been pretty effeminate.”
“Yeah, I got that.” he laughed. “But it’s cute.”
I smiled again, happy that I had someone and that someone just happened to be holding me lovingly, telling me that I was cute. I think my face was about to break from smiling too much.
The song was coming to an end, which saddened me a little. Maybe Alex could come back to Emma’s and hold me for a little while longer.
I opened my eyes and saw Henry and Emma in a similar position to Alex and myself. She caught my eye and smiled widely, she was obviously as happy as me. Henry’s head was resting on top of hers. There wasn’t that much of a height difference between me and Alex, so he couldn’t do that, but we still held each other.
The song finished and the music stopped, the room filling with conversation.
Chelsea walked past me, rolled her eyes then left.
I backed away from Alex and smiled at him. He kissed my forehead and held my hands.
“I’ll see you some time over the holidays, okay Bren?”
“Why don’t you come back to Emma’s for a while and just lay with me? I’m really sleepy.”
“Why Emma’s?”
“I’m staying round there tonight.”
“Oh.” he nodded. “Yeah that would be nice.”
Emma suddenly wrapped her arms around me. “I’ll see you tomorrow Bdon!”
“That you will. Is it alright if Alex comes over, we just want to lay around for a bit.”
“Yeah that’s totally cool. See ya!”
She let go of me and left with Henry, hand in hand.

I held Alex’s hand and rested my head on his shoulder, then we started to walk outside.
“FUCKING HOMOS!” shouted some jerk.
Alex flinched.
“Don’t worry.” I whispered. He nodded and we walked back to Kat’s car whilst other insults were thrown at us.
Emma and her family really were like my sister and family, I’m always round their place, borrowing their stuff, eating their food, using their car. They might as well adopt me.
I got into the driver’s seat and we drove back to Emma’s place, my left hand on his thigh, rubbing it gently.
I parked the car and we got out, Alex holding my hand tightly. He still seemed pretty scared about the whole thing.
“Are you alright?” I asked quietly, just before we walked in the house.
“I’m fine.” he gulped.
I raised an eyebrow and he sighed.
“I’m scared, Bren. And I’m worried. People didn’t react all that much at prom because there were teachers everywhere, but when we go back after winter vacation they’re gonna flip out.”
He looked down at his shoes.
It was odd, it was normally him in control and being all ‘manly’ but now he looked so… vulnerable.
“I’ll be here for you. I know I’m not exactly a big guy but I’ll be here, don’t you worry.”
He smiled and I pulled him into a hug. “Thanks Brendon. You’re a really nice guy.”
“So I’ve been told.”
He breathed out deeply and his fingers curled around the bottom of my jacket. He shivered a little and I saw goosebumps appearing on his skin. It was the middle of December.
“Let’s go inside. Will your parents mind that you stayed over?”
“No, I texted my mom earlier.”
“Cool.” I nodded and let go of him. We walked into Emma’s house and all the lights were out, so everyone must be in bed. I locked the door and lead him up to our room. Well, Emma’s, but whatever.
“I just realized I don’t have anything.” he laughed lightly.
I smiled. “I have my own cabinet of stuff in her bathroom and that drawer on the bottom is mine, so you can take some pajamas or something.”
“Do you live here?”
“No.” I laughed. “No I don’t, but I’m pretty much always here.”
“Oh.” he smiled and walked over to the drawer, pulling out some pajama pants. I went into the bathroom and stripped down to my boxers and shirt, with the buttons un-done and did all the necessities. I went back into the bedroom and saw Alex in only his boxers. I guess he wasn’t going to wear some pajamas after all.
And damn that boy had a good body.
“Hey, Bren.”
I smiled at him. “Hey there. You’re, um, wow. You work out.”
He laughed. “Yes, sometimes. Only shows on my stomach though.”
“Pffft, that’s fine with me.”
He smiled and walked over to me, giving me a hug.
“I like this new side of you, ‘Lex. I mean, I like it when we just make out but this is awesome too.”
“I’m a cuddly guy at heart, but only when I’m comfortable with someone.”
I smiled and kissed his cheek. Damn, he was perfect.
I took off my shirt and we got into bed. He lay rigid, so I pulled his arm around my waist. He scooted closer to me, the front of his thighs touching the back of mine.
“Good night Alex.”
“Night, Bren.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is long, huh?

Well, I had a really lovely comment so this spurred me to put up the second part.
(There are three parts.)
You probably re-hate me, but hey, they were never really together ;)

Be patient :D I swear it'll come soon.

Actually, all the comments were lovely. So thank you (: