Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Thirteen.

"How are things with you and Jake?" Gerard asked as he drove down the high way on his way to New York.

"Bad.." She mumbled, looking down at her hands. Though he hated Jake, he hated seeing Alyssa like this, and if seeing her happy meant that she was with Jake, then so be it

"I'm sorry, was it because of the art show?" She shook her had.

"No, I'd rather not talk about it right now though, okay?" He looked over at her and nodded. She smiled and leaned over, pressing her lips to his cheek. "Thank you." He patted her knee, leaving his hand on her leg. She didn't seem to mind as she took his hand within her own.

"Are you excited to be going to New York?" She smiled widely and nodded.

"Yes, I am. Thank you so much for bringing me." His smile grew.

"There is no one else I would rather go with." She giggled before leaning forward to turn the radio on. The rest of the car ride was spend in silence except for the soft music playing from the speakers. Gerard's hand never once left her grasp.

They had left Jersey later then they had expected, not being able to get away from the house until about eight at night, they then stopped to get something to eat as the hadn't eaten anything since noon that day. It was now nearing 11:30 as they stopped outside the hotel, their hands finally disconnecting as they got out, Gerard getting their bags from the trunk.

After checking into their reserved room and getting their key, they walked into the small elevator. Alyssa took Gerard's hand again, leaning her head against his shoulder.

"Sorry we left so late." He apologized as they started their way up.

"It's fine, as long as I get sleep now." He laughed and pulling her out of the elevator when it stopped at their floor.

"Yes, you get to sleep now." He answered as they got to their room, sliding the card into the slot, the little light turning green followed by a small click.

"This is a really nice room." Alyssa said as she surveyed the room.

"Yeah, this is one of my favorite hotels." He went over to the window, putting their bags down. He pulled open the curtains, revealing a beautiful view of New York.

"Wow, that's gorgeous." She gasped, going over to him while he nodded.

"Want to go to sleep now?" He asked making her smile.

"Sure." She went over to her bag, pulling out her pajamas and disappearing into the bathroom to get changed. She reappeared a few minutes later dressed in a pair of black shorts and a red tank top.

Gerard has slipped out of his jeans while she was in the bathroom, leaving him in nothing but his t-shirt and boxers, they were his pajamas.

"Very sexy." She commented, tossing her clothes from that day onto the floor by her bag.

"I could say the same about you." He said, looking her up and down, making her giggle and blush right as her phone began to ring on the bed where she had tossed it earlier.

"That's probably Jake." She said, going over to the phone and picking it up with a sigh. "Yup, it's him. Hello?" She answered, there was silence for a few seconds as Jake answered. "Yeah, we just got here a few minutes ago, we're getting ready for bed.... Yes, we are.... It's not like anything will happen Jake, do you think he's going to like, rape me in my sleep or something?" Gerard sat down on the edge of the bed awkwardly. "I trust him to not do anything, I'm sorry that you don't..... What ever Jake, just go back to your two dollar hooker that will just give you an STD, I'm done putting up with your shit... Yes, I know that you are cheating on me, you dick." Gerard watched her, seeing tears forming in her eyes, making him stand up and go to her as she slammed the phone shut.

She instantly broke into tears, collapsing into his chest when he wrapped his arms around her.

"What happened babe?"

"He was cheating on me. I had my suspicions, but I had hoped they weren't really true, but they are." He sighed, kissing the top of her head.

"I'm sorry, honey. Jake is an ass hole who you are much better off without." She nodded, looking up at him. He wiped away the tears that were running down his cheeks. "I want to hurt him so badly for making your pretty face be covered with tears." She smiled, blushing while looking down at the ground.

"Let's sleep, yeah?" He smiled and nodded, placing a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Sure, hun." So, they crawled under the covers after turning out the light. Gerard kept his distance from her, not sure if she wanted him to be close to her but felt a huge smile come to his face when she curled up on his chest.

"Good night Gee."

"Goodnight, Alyssa." She placed a soft kiss on his chest before drifting off to sleep...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, they are broken up.
Are her and Gerard going to get together now????Hmmm.
commentttttt
<3