Status: finished!

The Other Side of the World

Twenty-Five.

"Sweetheart, wake up." Alyssa groaned and rolled over, burying her face into her pillow more.

"No." She groaned, trying to get sleep to over come her again.

'You have to sweetheart. I made breakfast, and we need to be ready and out of here in an hour if we want to get to the studio on time." Alyssa let out another groaned and turned back over and opened one eye to see her grinning boyfriend.

"Remind me again why I have to go to the studio with you? I mean, it's your band." Gerard grinned again and leaned down to place his lips on her neck making her one open eye fall closed in pleasure.

"Moral support. You know that I'm a nervous wreck when it comes to singing in front of people."

"Yes, Gee, I do know that, but you know that I love my sleep." She tried to roll back over again but Gerard grabbed her face, making both of her eyes open to stare at him.

"I made chocolate chip pancakes." She groaned, throwing her head back onto the soft pillow.

"Fine, I'm up." She said, sitting up, making Gerard's smile grow as he leaned back, allowing her to sit up all the way.

"Thank you, baby." He said before capturing her lips in a very hard, yet soft and loving, kiss, pulling back with a loud smack. "I love you." He said quietly and passionately, nudging her nose with his.

"I love you, too." She responded, giggling before kissing him softly.

"Now come on." He stood up, taking her hand and led her out to their living room.

It had been a year and a half since Alyssa moved in with Gerard. In that year, he got a job at Cartoon Network and enjoyed it but when he was on his way to work, tragedy struck the city of New York, where he worked, two planes crashed into the World Trade Centers. Gerard witnessed it all happen. He then contacted his friends Bob, Ray, Frank and his brother Mikey, soon starting the band My Chemical Romance who were going into the studio to record their CD today.

As for Alyssa, she stopped getting paid by the Way family as soon as she moved in with them, her no longer wanting to work for her boyfriend, and got a secretary job at a local doctors office. She has been attending classes and is on her way to getting a nursing degree where she will be able to do more then set up appointments and make files.

Alyssa's dad left a few weeks after she moved out, giving up home on trying to get her to leave Gerard, or even getting a chance to talk to her at all.

The couple moved into a cozy two bedroom apartment in New York three months ago. Gerard gave Alyssa his credit card and allowed her, Alicia and Jamia to go out and buy what ever they wanted to furnish the apartment.

They did the living room in a beige colored couch and a black reclining chair. The coffee table was a dark chocolate color with a few books and magazines placed on the top. The table that the TV was on was black and matched the side tables on each side of the couch that each had a white lamp placed on them.

The big window on the far side of the living room had white curtains on them but the window seat cushion was black.

The kitchen had stainless steel appliances and black granite counter tops. The table was a chocolate brown just like the coffee table. It had a small vase of daisy's on the center of the table that Gerard had gotten Alyssa yesterday on his way back from hanging out with his brother.

Their bedroom was mostly red. The walls were blood red with a few black and white pictures placed on them. Their bed frame was black and the mattress was covered in a black comforter and red sheets. The extra throw pillows were red and had a few black. The dresser was black with a vanity mirror placed on top, along with a few picture frames of the couple.

"How do they taste?" Gerard asked his girlfriend, placing a cup of coffee in front of her, made just the way she likes it, a few table spoons of sugar.

"They are delicious, Gee, like always." He smiled and slid into the seat beside her, leaning over to take the piece of fluffy pancake she was offering.

"They are pretty good." She smiled and nodded.

"You know that I can't stay all day, right? I have to be at work at noon." Gerard pouted.

"Oh yeah, I forgot about that." She smiled at him and fed him more pancakes.

"Sorry, babe." He broke into a wide grin.

"It's alright. I forgive you." She leaned over and kissed him before they finished off the food.

"Thank you for making breakfast, Gee." She said as they made their way towards their bedroom to get ready.

"Of course, sweetheart." She smiled at him before grabbing clothes to change into and made her way into their bathroom.

Life was honestly great and she could not ask for anything more.

_____

"Okay Gee, not that I do not love you or anything, but why did we have to walk?" She asked, groaning as her and Gerard walked down the New York street.

"Fresh air is always good." He explained, pulling her along.

"I don't think so." She grumbled, making him chuckle. "Where are we going anyway?"

"Dinner, I told you."

"Yes, but I mean as in like, what restaurant." Gerard stopped and smiled.

"This one." Alyssa's eyes landed on the most expensive restaurant in New York. She had mentioned to Gerard a few times that she really wanted to go here but never really thought it would happen.

"Gee!" She gasped. "Really?"

"Of course, sugar. Come on." She could only stare at her marvelous boyfriend in aw as she was pulled into the expensive restaurant.

Yeah, life for Alyssa was brilliant....
♠ ♠ ♠
one more chapter left. :D