The World Is Ugly

Chapter Nine

Mikey’s POV

Over the last few weeks Frank had been coming over more often. Though, whenever he had come over he would spend half the time with Gerard. I would’ve thought those art projects would’ve been done by now, but I guess Gerard is a perfectionist. It was a Saturday afternoon and I was absolutely out of my mind in boredom. My parents had gone out to some weird old people’s thing, I was invited, but I knew that I would’ve been hell. There was nothing interesting or the tiny bit entertaining on television and all my Playstation games had lost their touch and were really boring. I needed a friend to entertain me since Gerard wasn’t home because amazingly enough he was out on a date. I decided I would walk over to Frank’s since it would take up some time and he was usually as bored as I am on Saturdays. I quickly got into some decent clothes and I had to make sure I had my phone and house keys before I headed out the door. Frank’s house wasn’t too far away, but it still took between fifteen and twenty minutes. The walk wasn’t that boring since all the flowers were blooming and it was a nice day.

I reached his house and walked up the neat path to the door. I knocked on the front door and Linda answered.
“Well, hello Mikey!” she greeted with big smile.
“Hi Linda, is Frank home?” I asked smiling back.
“Actually, he isn’t Mikey. He’s out with his boyfriend today,” she told me.
“Boyfriend?” I asked, shocked.
“Yeah, I was surprised too; he’s been spending the last few years trying to tell everyone that he’s not gay and when I finally start to believe him, he gets a boyfriend and finally admits he’s gay!” she told me.
“Why didn’t he tell me?” I asked in barely a whisper.
“Oh don’t worry about it, he’s probably just afraid of how you’ll take it, he’s still pretty embarrassed about the whole thing,” she said in a comforting tone.
“Okay, can you tell him that I came around?” I asked.
“Sure thing, Mikey. See you around,” she grinned.
I waved her goodbye and started the walk home.

The walk home was far less exciting and enjoyable. The fact that Frank had kept something so big from me, made it really hurt. I wondered if he had a specific reason for not telling me or he thought that I was unworthy of his trust. I finally arrived home with a dampened mood and I was still absolutely bored. At least Frank had given me another thing to think about. I needed some cheering up, so I went into Gerard’s room, with out his permission, to borrow some of his comic books. I always borrowed his comic books so I knew he wouldn’t mind, but he got a bit angry if I went into his room. I searched around his room quickly, ignoring certain items that I didn’t want to think about, until I finally found his hidden stash in the closet. I picked the first dozen comic books that I saw. Before leaving, I took one last look around his room. It was completely messing, stuff was strewn everywhere, so unlike the basement which was clean almost to an OCD level. He was so into his art that he would have a fit if one thing was out of place. I shook my head before heading across the landing and into my room.

I opened the first comic book and something slipped out of it, so I picked it up. It was drawing, definitely one of Gerard’s creations, but it was of Frank, topless and smirking...sexily? What the hell? Why had Gerard put this in a comic book...now that I think about it, I don’t want to know. Eww, my brother has a crush on my best friend. I glanced back down at the drawing and took in all the detail; Frank’s tattoos were perfect. They were in the exact place they are on his real body. It’s strange because Frank’s a really conservative guy and it takes a lot to get him to take his t-shirt off; I’d only seen the tattoos whilst changing after gym. His tattoos were really intriguing and I loved to hear him tell me all about the stories behind them. In this drawing, Gerard’s amazing art skills were pretty clear; he should send something like this into an art school.

I heard Gerard’s car pull into the driveway, I quickly put the drawing back into the comic. When I hear the front door open I went over to my window; I was curious about who Gerard’s boyfriend was. I was shocked to see that Gerard had his boyfriend pressed to his car and I suspect that Gerard was basically eating his face off...eww. I was about to turn away from this disgusting display when he pulled away from his boyfriend and began to lead him towards the house. From what I could see the boyfriend was short; really short and had black hair. I was a bit bummed about not seeing him, but I guess I could meet him downstairs. On my way down I heard the boyfriend giggle at something Gerard did. I stopped and gasped; I knew that giggle. I stepped into the room and my sudden fears were confirmed.
♠ ♠ ♠
D= another update

...check out my other Frerards please!!! I have a new 3-shot which is called Empty With You!

Comments please!!!!

Thanks to:
Without a sound. [X3]
KerriKannibal.
Oh.Glory.
XxWeirdxX
MaryJ