Status: Active

Stop Pretending. I Know You Really Love Me.

I will never cheat on you.

“You can do this. You can do this.” I kept repeating to myself as I made my way towards Brent’s house. It was Sunday so I was hoping he would be a little better. I had to do this though no matter what. I can’t keep pretending that I like Brent when I’m in love with Phoenix.

I walked up to Brent’s house and knocked on the door. A moment later a middle aged woman answered it.

“Why hello. Who are you?” She asked. I could tell she was Brent’s mom by how much they looked alike.

“I’m Hazel. Is Brent home?” I asked.

“Oh yes. He’s upstairs. You might want to knock before entering though.” She warned. I nodded my head and made my way to his room. I was about to knock when I heard a familiar girl’s voice.

“Yesterday was so fun.” She said.

“It sure was, Misty.” Brent said seductively. Misty? She started giggling.

“I completely forgot about Phoenix.”

“Mhmm.” He said. She started giggling again. I opened the door and saw Misty laying on the bed with Brent on top of her, kissing her neck. I know I should have felt anger, but I didn’t. I never did like Brent.

“So Brent, what was it that you said you had again?” I asked standing in the doorway. Brent looked at me in surprise. Misty just smirked at me.

“Ha-Hazel. W-what are you doing here?” He suttered.

“I came over here to break up with you. I was feeling guilty because you were ‘sick’ but now I can see that you’re feeling much better.”

“Wait what?! You’re breaking up with me?” He asked incredulously.

“Yep. I like someone else.”

“Probably some geek.” Misty snorted.

“No. But you might know him. Phoenix. Your ex boyfriend.” I smirked at her. Her face turned red with anger.

“You’re lying.” She glared at me.

“Whatever you say. Don’t be surprised when you see me and Phoenix on Monday though.” I shrugged turning around to walk away.

“Hazel wait!” brent said. I stopped and turned to face him again.

“Brent!” Misty yelled upset.

“Shut up Misty. Are you really breaking up with me?” He asked.

“Yes Brent. I like Phoenix and I have for a long time. Besides, Jay and Phoenix were right about you. You’re a cheater and I bet all the rumors around school are true. I can’t date a guy like that.” I said.

“But you’ll date Phoenix?” He asked mad.

“I’ve known Phoenix my whole life. He wouldn’t cheat on a girl.” As I said this, images of the other weekend when he was still dating Misty, flashed through my mind. Would he cheat on me? He cheated on Misty. But did he really love Misty? Did he really love me? I shook my head erasing these thoughts from my head.

“Good bye Brent.” I said before walking out of his room and out of his house. I walked back to my house with more thoughts floating through my head. Could I trust Phoenix? Was he just another Brent? Would he get bored with me like he did Misty and cheat on me?

I got to my house and went inside. I saw Phoenix laying on the couch staring at the ceiling.

“Where’s Jay?” I asked moving his feet and sitting down. He looked upat me and smiled.

“I don’t know. He wasn’t here when I got here.” He shrugged.

“How’d you get in?” I asked

“Door wasn’t locked.”

“Of course. He never locks the door. I’m surprised we haven’t been robbed yet because of him.” I shook my head. He let out a chuckle and sat up. It was quiet for awhile.

“So where were you?” He asked.

“Brent’s.” I sighed remembering what I saw.

“Oh.” He said looking at the floor.

“I broke up with him.”

“Oh?” He asked looking up suddenly smiling. I laughed at this and nodded my head.

“Yea. You are never going to believe what happened.” I shook my head.

“He didn’t hurt you did he?” He asked narrowing his eyes.

“Surprisingly no. When I got over there I went up to his room and was about to knock but I heard Misty’s voice. She was talking about how fun a time she had yesterday and he was making her giggle. I walked in and saw them laying in bed, him kissing her neck.”

“Nuh uh.” He smirked shaking his head.

“Yup. He wasn’t even sick yesterday. But I’m glad he lied.” I said looking at him.

“Why?”

“Because I never would have told you that I like you.”

“I believe you’re exact words were ‘I’m completely in love with you’.” He said using a high pitched voice. I laughed and slapped his arm.

“I don’t sound like that.” I said.

“Says you.”

“And what about you? Mr. ‘I love everything about you too. Misty may have everything that a guy likes, but she isn’t you’.” I said in a deep voice. He smiled at me.

“I do love everything about you.” He said quietly, still looking at me. I put my head down to hide the blush forming on my cheeks. Then I remembered what Brent had said.

“Wouldyoucheatonme?” I blurted out before I could stop myself.

“What?” He asked confused. I took a deep breath and looked at him.

“Would you cheat on me?” I asked more slowly this time.

“Why would you ask that?”

“I told Brent that I liked you and I couldn’t date a guy like him. Then he said ‘But you can date Phoenix?’ And I told him that you weren’t like that but then I remembered when we were at the mall a couple weekends ago and you were still dating Misty and you were going to cheat on her with me and I-” I was cut off by his lips on mine. I closed my eyes and let myself enjoy the kiss. After a minute he pulled away.

“I will never cheat on you.” He said seriously, staring at me. I didn’t ask anything else after that. I knew it was true.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment please!