Status: Active

Stop Pretending. I Know You Really Love Me.

Just leave me alone.

Phoenix’s Pov

The weekend passed by quickly. I was going to tell Hazel about the deal on Friday, after she told me what she would do, I just couldn’t. I have to break the deal with Jay off first, then I’ll tell her.

On Monday I walked over to Jay and Hazel’s house. I walked in without knocking. I’ve been over here so many times, I practically live here. Jay was in the kitchen eating cereal. I took a deep breath and sat beside him.

“Where’s Hazel?” I asked. I didn’t want her to walk in and hear everything before I have a chance to tell her.

“In bed still.” He shrugged.

“Good. I want to talk to you.” He looked up and narrowed his eyes at me.

“About what?” He asked in a low tone.

“I can’t do this anymore.” I sighed.

“What do you mean?”

“I mean I can’t do this deal.”

“Why? You found another girl that you like?” I lowered my head so I wasn’t looking at him.

“Sort of.” I said quietly. I looked up and was met with his hard glare.

“Don’t tell me, you actually like her like that.” He hissed.

“I don’t.” I shook my head. He sighed relieved.

“Good. For a minute there-”

“I love her.” I said quietly. It was quiet for a while.

“One week of dating and you’ve fallen in love with her?” He asked incredulously.

“Actually, I’ve liked her for a long time.” I mumbled. Jay looked like he wanted to murder me.

“WHAT?!!!” He yelled really loud.

“Jay calm down.” I said.

“I will not calm down! The only reason I asked you to go out with her and not one of my other friends, was because I thought you hated her! I didn’t think you would actually fall for her! She’s my baby sister!” He yelled standing up. I stood up too.

“She’s not a baby anymore Jay! You can’t always protect her! What if she found out about the deal?! She would be pissed at both of us! I don’t want that!” I shouted frustrated.

“Deal?” I heard a voice ask. I closed my eyes and looked behind me. Hazel was standing there looking like she was about to cry.

Hazel’s pov

I woke up the next morning and did my normal routine. I walked to the bathroom to take a shower.

“WHAT?!!!” I heard Jay yell as I stepped out of the shower. I rolled my eyes and walked to my bedroom. I got dressed as I heard more yelling.

“I will not calm down! The only reason I asked you to go out with her and not one of my other friends, was because I thought you hated her! I didn’t think you would actually fall for her! She’s my baby sister!” Jay yelled again. What is he talking about? I sighed and walked down the stairs. I saw Jay and Phoenix beside the table. I couldn’t see Phoenix’s expression because his back was turned to me, but Jay looked like he was about to murder someone. I was about to speak up but Phoenix started yelling.

“She’s not a baby anymore Jay! You can’t always protect her! What if she found out about the deal?! She would be pissed at both of us! I don’t want that!” I felt my heart start to break.

“Deal?” I asked. My voice was wavering but I didn’t care. Phoenix turned around and looked at me with guilty and regretful eyes.

“Hazel-” He started to say. I cut him off before he could say anything else.

“You only went out with me because of a deal you made with my brother?” I asked.

“No. I went out with you because I love you.” He said looking me in the eyes. I shook my head.

“No you don’t.” I said.

“Just listen to me please.” He begged.

“I have to go.” I said before running out of the door. I ran until I was a block from the school. Tears were streaming freely down my cheeks. Everything was a lie. He didn’t really love me. He didn’t even like me as a friend. He was only doing Jay a favor. I sat down on the sidewalk and put my head in my hands. I let him mess with my head again and now I have a broken heart as a result.

This is all Jay’s fault. Stupid Jay. If he would have just left me alone and not have been a protective freak, now of this would have happened. I could be living a normal, broken heart free, life. I don’t think I could ever forgive him for this. I looked up wiping a tear away and looked around me. I started to cry again as I realized I was at the exact place where Phoenix first kissed me.

“Hazel!” I heard phoenix yell. I looked to my right and saw him running towards me. I stood up and started walking away.

“Hazel please listen to me!” He begged again as he caught up with me.

“Leave me alone Phoenix.” I sighed not looking at him. It would hurt too much.

“Hazel it’s not what it seems like.” He grabbed my elbow gently so I had to stop. I sighed and turned to face him.

“Let me go Phoenix. I’m tired of your games ok? You win. You made me fall in love with you. And now that you have me, you don’t want me.”

“Hazel that’s not how it is.”

“Hazel!” I heard someone else shout. I looked down the road and saw Brent’s car coming towards us. Phoenix saw too and was glaring at him.

“Hazel, are you ok?” Brent asked pulling up to us.

“Not really.” I mumbled.

“Do you need a ride?” He asked. I looked at Phoenix. His eyes were begging me not to go. I bit my lip and looked back at Brent.

“Yea.” I said quietly. He smiled at me and nodded at the passenger’s side. I started walking but Phoenix grabbed my arm again.

“Please Hazel.” He begged.

“Just leave me alone Phoenix. I don’t want nothing to do with you.” I sighed. He slowly let go of my arm and I ran to the other side of the car. As soon as I was in Brent took off leaving Phoenix behind, looking at us as we drove away. I wanted to jump out of the car and run back to him. I wanted to tell him that I forgive him and I still loved him. But no matter how true that may be, I just can’t. This time, he went to far.

“Want to talk about it?” Brent asked. I looked over at him. Even though he wasn’t looking at me, I could tell he was really concerned. I wiped some tears away and cleared my throat.

“My brother had Phoenix go out with me. He wanted to protect me from high school boys I guess. He never really did love me.” My voice was scratchy from crying.

“I’m sorry, Hazel. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be.” He said sounding truly sorry. I looked at him. Most boys who want their ex back would be happy that she’s unavailable. But Brent didn’t look happy. He looked sad, like he was feeling my pain. Maybe I was wrong about him after all.

“Maybe not.” I whispered looking back out the window. Images of Friday night played in my mind. He didn’t mean anything he said. He didn’t love me. I bit my lip as more tears started running down my cheeks. My heart ached for Phoenix. I wanted him back. But he didn’t really love me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is kind of short. I hated writing this chapter. It made me so sad. Comment/subscribe. Here is the url to my new story People move on. So why does my ex want me back? please check it out and remember to comment! Thanks!